Dark Ages how to rule your city as a new vampire prince

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Ages how to rule your city as a new vampire prince

Hello guys im new in WoD and i need some ideas how can a new vampire can rule as a prince a city cause my character (Gangrel 7th gen some weeks old) became Prince and i need help
    the year we are playing 1444

Well, she might have been on the ground floor as it were, at the founding of a certain city. Or she may have control of whatever mortal institution--a Nunnery, a Merchant family, a noble family--actually runs this city. For that matter perhaps her Sire or Mentor was Prince before her and for some reason left or went into torpor, deciding to leave her in charge, setting it all up ahead of time. Then again, perhaps this is a large city with a Council of Elders who decide on the Prince, who is something of a puppet. Perhaps internecine warfare devastated the leadership in the city, Wars of the Roses stye, leaving your character de facto Prince as the most powerful vampire left in the city?

My Storyteller Vault supplements.

Comment

As a Prince you probably should have control over something mortal wise. While not a requirement in the Dark Ages it will still help if he has some kind of lock down on one or more mortal areas of influence. As the character is still new he may be able to get away with being the most powerful vampire in the area depending on what the other players have and what the ST has provided as NPCs, but not likely. So you will likely want to make alliances as quickly as possible if you intend on keeping the Princedom.

DavidMacDowellBlue raises some great points as well. So in order to better help we'll likely need more detail centered around what is going on currently in your game, what city, size, kindred population (if known), etc.

Lost Tribes Gaming:
      Shadow of the Phoenix: Sabbat 2nd and 4th Sundays 2 pm PST to 6 pm (-7GMT)
      Street Fighter: Generation Next 2nd and 4th Friday nights 8 pm PST to 12:00 am (-7GMT)
      Star Wars: Republic Black Ops 2nd and 4th Wednesday nights from 7 pm to 10:00 pm PST (-7 GMT) http://www.twitch.tv/losttribesgaming.

Comment

As mentioned above we need more information on who your allies and rivals are? What resources are at your disposal? What Road are your character on? And so on. A Gangrel Prince on the Road of Humanity running a mostly rural domain will need to work differently than a Gangrel Prince on the Road of Beasts ruling over a major city.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald_McCallan_Anarch View Post
          Hello guys im new in WoD and i need some ideas how can a new vampire can rule as a prince a city cause my character (Gangrel 7th gen some weeks old) became Prince and i need help
          the year we are playing 1444
          You'll need muscle. Get some retainers; mortal warriors/fighters you can ghoul to use enforce your authority if you have too. Get influence over the mortal leadership or powerful factions of the city. Build some alliances with other kindred so they'll support you as prince. You can do stuff like "I'll grant you domain in the [area of city/town] to hold as my vassal".

Comment

Our coterie consists of members belonging to clans Gangrel Lasombra Assamite Malkavin Nosferatu and Tzimisce we were embraced at the same time ( a dinner party by Lord Claudius Giovanni) we helped the founders to hunt down to conpsiracy (Giovvani chron) and as a favor they gave as a city (domain, Schaasburg) to rule the city has only humans and the only help we have is my Ghoul and 6 human gurds knowing about as and loyal to all of as

ps.forgive me for my poor english

Comment

Basically, your first task should be to gather as much information about the city as possible. Is anyone else interested in it? Who are the powerful factions? Is there anything else important in it? What does the church look like - does someone in there have True Faith?

Also, note that it's highly unlikely you will be able to hold the city if anyone more powerful comes along. If a centuries-old ancestor and her buddies decide they'd like that city to be theirs, it will be theirs. The most important thing then is to have an exit strategy.

Comment

Our coterie consists of members belonging to clans Gangrel Lasombra Assamite Malkavin Nosferatu and Tzimisce we were embraced at the same time ( a dinner party by Lord Claudius Giovanni) we helped the founders to hunt down to conpsiracy (Giovvani chron) and as a favor they gave as a city (domain, Schaasburg) to rule the city has only humans and the only help we have is my Ghoul and 6 human gurds knowing about as and loyal to all of as

ps.forgive me for my poor english
                How did your character become Prince? Did the other characters not want to be Prince? What are the power relationships? What are your goals as Prince? Are there external threats, like Garou or Hunters?

Comment

So your city is essentially a German one in Transylvania?

My Storyteller Vault supplements.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMacDowellBlue View Post
                    So your city is essentially a German one in Transylvania?
                    Yes our city is Sighisoara a hungarian city in 15th century

Comment

Yes our city is Sighisoara a hungarian city in 15th century
                      Take a little peek at the old Transylvania by Night book and The first two Transylvanian Chronicle books. Sighisoara plays a somewhat crucial role there.

Comment

What I would do is this. The coterie will be the "cool crowd" in the city having the privilages and rights to do their thing while everyone else, which I assume won't be many, will get to work for it. It should get you some people who dislike you but I don't think that pleasing everybody is possible and keeping a core of supporters on your side is also important. And then I'd divide things as following based on that the different members of the coterie are essentially archetypical in their expertise.

Lasombra - social work with the humans, keeping the different human actors under influence
                        Gangrel - I assume this is someone other than the Prince, so patrol the outskirts of the city and report on rural disturbances
                        Assamite - hitman for the city, if somebody makes problem, the Assamite takes them out
                        Malkavian + Nosferatu - help with collecting information on what's going on in the city
                        Tzimisce - probably a kind of "bad cop" to do both dirty work and also provide unseemingly services to the Prince

Comment

Although the book was published almost a century after your character assumes Princedom, I nonetheless recommend that you (not your character) read the pertinent parts of Machiavelli's The Prince and then objectively determine which parts your character would be culturally likely and cognitively able to use.

Comment

I was actually giving this some thought recently as my players will have to take over areas on their own, being Princes of their own domains. Problem is, for my campaign, I need the PCs to travel. Basically, I'm going to push for them to embrace some childer and make some ghouls. They should be able to, literally, hold down the fort.

Comment

Working...
                            X