No announcement yet.

How do: Feeding without getting caught?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if the vampire in question is part of the Camarilla,then by the time he is release from the care of his Sire, he should have learn, or acquire by then 1 or more way to Feed (safely). Aside from that, like others have pointed out, there are dozens of ways. Feeding on the homeless, A long time ago, in one of my chronicle, I had made an NPC, who preyed on Sexual Predator, he was basically pretending to be a child to attract sexual predator, and then accepted an invitation, he would then kill them and feed from them. He would leave a fake suicide note, and put the body in a his bathtub, and slit the body wrist, making it look like the way he killed himself.

When the police found them, most wouldn't even care to look into it, even when some may realise foul play at hand, no one cares if those piece of shit die, those monster had it coming. Hospital are an option. Blood Bank. Prostitute on the street. Uber Driver lol. Also charming someone and/or flirting, seducing, using sex. A woman vampire would have an edge over man on that last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarade Relle View Post

It's a pretty damn sensible method of gaining the good stuff without the risk of final death.

Its also like living on instant ramen all the time. PLUS a whole Cow is like worth 4 blood points.. so you are drinking ALOT of shit ramen to fill up.

Comment

I mean, I am living off of MREs and field rations, and will be for the next half a year. It is what it is, and makes the rare exceptions meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
          I mean, I am living off of MREs and field rations, and will be for the next half a year. It is what it is, and makes the rare exceptions meaningful.
          You also don't have a beast clawing at your mind. I'd say the disadvantages of animal feeding are extremely underated by most who try to present them as the obvious safe alternative.

It puts the character more likely on edge, and you are spending ALOT more time feeding. You also might not be able to buy a whole cow's worth of blood from a butcher for example or even a fourth of a cow's.

Comment

True. I just meant it that for a vampire that is very concerned with their Humanity, it could be a somewhat safe alternative, but normal feeding on the good stuff is still going to need to happen, from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
              I don't think the kiss equals low level Dominate, no automatic mindwipes. But thanks to its pleasurable quality it should help disguise what the vampire actually did. It doesn't wake the sleeping. And during a make out session a mortal in the throes of passion could easily mistake it for a love bite or intense kiss. Licking it closed afterwards confirms that notion.
              I wouldn't call it a mindwipe per se.

But I would rule (for the sake of a semi-beleivable masquerade) that the Kiss does, in the right circumstances, have a sort of *stunning* effect. Essentially it would potentially be very disorienting and make it difficult to remember specific details about the event.

I mean more like a momentary loss of situational awareness, mixed with pleasure-induced paralysis.

A gentle Kiss, like one that would be given to a favourite herd member, or one disguised by intimacy, would potentially leave the vessel with an extremely pleasant afterglow, like they'd popped a Vicodin. During the Kiss they would be extremely relaxed and fixated on the sensation, maybe a bit more present because they're going along with it, not fighting it.

Now in a situation where the vessel is grabbed suddenly from behind, dragged into the doorway of an abandoned building, or a building under construction, hand covering their mouth, then slammed back against a wall or a wooden support beam, wind knocked out of them, unable to see their assailant as more than a shadow except for a few momentary flashes in a sliver of moonlight through a window, and suddenly pinned and... frightened, terified, but unable to move, and just... Suddenly...

Totally relaxed... Like a dose of heroin just washed through their bloodstream. Like their mother just wrapped a warm blanket around them on a cold night. They're still reeling from the sudden assault, caught in a state of mind where they haven't yet re-oriented to the jarring change in situation.

And just as suddenly as it all began, it's over. They come to their senses and they're laying on the floor in an unfamiliar, deserted building, alone, feeling weak and lightheaded. They're sore and a bit bruised. They remember getting grabbed and pinned down, but everything after that was a blur.

Medical examination reveals only anemic symptoms and some minor bruising that could have happened in the fall. Over time, the vessel might even start to wonder if they imagined the attack in a bout of dizziness, though they may still have nightmares about the incident for a while.

Memory is already a very fluid thing. Add in intoxication, like with the Kiss, and a potentially traumatic event, and I think it's reasonable that a vessel will likely not have enough recollection of the event to realize it was a vampiric feeding.

Now that doesn't mean that you can walk right up to someone, fang them, and walk away without them knowing what happened.

That's how you get vampire hunters.

Comment

I agree with RebelWithoutAClan. One kind of has to assume, going into VtM, that the Kiss gives a bit of latitude when it comes to feeding. Otherwise, the Masquerade becomes too implausible.

It should be taken for granted, then, that most feedings end with the vessel not really knowing what's going on. If there's 30+ vampires in a city - each needing to consume 7 blood points per week, just to wake up in the evening - that's a great deal of feeding going on. So long as a kindred is careful, then, they should be able to get by most of the time. (If it didn't, we wouldn't have a game. And sometimes we need to skew facts in favor of letting the game happen.)

That said, though the Kiss may afford a vampire broad tolerance in their choice of feeding, everything has a breaking point. Sometimes the vampire is a little less careful than they should be. Sometimes, a person with a higher than average Willpower (Willpower 4+) can pierce through the haze of the Kiss, just enough to be more aware of their surroundings during the feeding than normal. Sometimes, a sleeping or drugged vessel wakes up at the wrong time, and gets a look at the one about to munch on them.

In many of these cases, the Masquerade has a thin extra layer of protection, due to victims just not wanting to think about it. Would you want to acknowledge that blood-drinking undead stalk the night, and made YOU a victim? For many, it's easier to try to forget, or say nothing, or even convince themselves they didn't see or experience what they thought they did. Others might want to do something, but they know that they won't be believed, and that they aren't in a position to address the problem themselves. If there's nothing you can do about it, you'll just accept that vampires are a thing that exist, and move on with your life (while also being more careful about what alleys you go down or which night clubs you visit).

Again, that's a thin layer of protection, but it's a vital one for the Masquerade. No vampire in their right mind would rely on it happening, and even a passive victim who knows something could contribute to the erosion of the Masquerade in the long run. But it happens.

Really, vampire hunters arise from the same sort of folks who would be able to keep their focus through the haze of the Kiss in the first place. People with above average Willpower may decide that they can't just sit back and do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Its also like living on instant ramen all the time. PLUS a whole Cow is like worth 4 blood points.. so you are drinking ALOT of shit ramen to fill up.
                  We just found out how poor Kindred uni students survive

Comment

The concept of a kiss delirium is still not canon but a homerule. And one I don't care for. To me it seems to weaken one of the core concepts of Vampire. Feeding while keeping the masquerade (and your humanity) intact shouldn't be that easy. It's at all possible thanks to the extreme competence of vampires in general in covering their tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
                      I agree with RebelWithoutAClan. One kind of has to assume, going into VtM, that the Kiss gives a bit of latitude when it comes to feeding. Otherwise, the Masquerade becomes too implausible.
                      Yes, this right here. Even if the player characters take great pains to never be caught (unlikely), what of Sabbat packs or Anarchs or various other miscreants that flaunt the Camarilla's harsh rule? It seems like necessity to have an extra 'amnesiac' stupor-inducing effect (a la Bloodlines) in order for these unruly groups to even exist.

Comment

Sabbat and Anarchs observe the masquerade as well. They're generally not stupid or won't be stupid for long. In any case Sabbat Cainites are unlikely to ever let their vessels survive a feeding anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
                          Sabbat and Anarchs observe the masquerade as well. They're generally not stupid or won't be stupid for long. In any case Sabbat Cainites are unlikely to ever let their vessels survive a feeding anyway.

The level of murder rate that would be required for Sabbat to regularly kill their prey would basically destroy the Masquerade. This would assume Sabbat cities have somewhere near a MINIMUM of 1000 or so murders a year.. just from Vampires. It wouldn't be hidden among the mix of deaths caused by mortals... mortals killing would be a rariety in the mix of vampire driven Homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarade Relle View Post
                            We just found out how poor Kindred uni students survive
                            ​Sleep all day, party all night, many of the students are buzzed / high / sleep deprived and thus offer all sorts of opportunities to feed. Lastly every semester the student population changes, ensuring that no one notices how you don't age. You can even make a living as a night time tutor, sell the standardized test answers, or make a living hacking the computer database for grades.

​Kindred who are of the right age at the time of the embrace can be pretty much be setup for unlife at a university. Even if you are not an enrolled student there, you can still be part of campus life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                              The level of murder rate that would be required for Sabbat to regularly kill their prey would basically destroy the Masquerade. This would assume Sabbat cities have somewhere near a MINIMUM of 1000 or so murders a year.. just from Vampires. It wouldn't be hidden among the mix of deaths caused by mortals... mortals killing would be a rariety in the mix of vampire driven Homicide.
                              I've read my fair share of V:tM sourcebooks and novels over the years. I can't remember a single instance of Sabbat Cainites leaving their vessels alive. It's the World of Darkness after all, a much higher murder rate is to be expected. And by the way; it's only a murder if a corpse or a disappearance is reported. I suspect Sabbat social functions involve a truckload of people who won't be missed, whose remains are expertly disposed of afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post

​Sleep all day, party all night, many of the students are buzzed / high / sleep deprived and thus offer all sorts of opportunities to feed. Lastly every semester the student population changes, ensuring that no one notices how you don't age. You can even make a living as a night time tutor, sell the standardized test answers, or make a living hacking the computer database for grades.

​Kindred who are of the right age at the time of the embrace can be pretty much be setup for unlife at a university. Even if you are not an enrolled student there, you can still be part of campus life.
                                Well, I was joking before but you're completely right. Hanging around at a University like that would be a good way to keep up with mortal trends as well for older Kindred.

Comment

Working...
                                X