why is cretheus loyal to mithras?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is cretheus loyal to mithras?

in dark ages 20 companion i mean. he was supposed to hate his guts so much that after he was locked in huenedora castle he wanted to kill him. i realise that he could just be lying... but the book even tells us his opinions on the subject

Maybe he was Blood bound once? Also Ventrue and honor and loyalty and all that, vampires have a tendency to have such feelings inverted over time.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

My guess is Dominate and/or Presence, maybe with the Blood Oath thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Maybe he was Blood bound once? Also Ventrue and honor and loyalty and all that, vampires have a tendency to have such feelings inverted over time.
        yeah but the book goes as far as to explain(out of character) his very beliefs. plus when he met saulot in the roman era his blood bond to mithras was destroyed

Comment

He might have lost his Blood Bond but didn't develop hatred for him. Mithras still has presence and for all we know he was never a dick to him. It's possible his ill-feelings for his sire occured later triggering his decision to join the Inconnu. Perhaps they had a falling out over some issue. Like perhaps Mithras doing nothing to avenge the Salubri?

Comment

Lair of the Hidden is fairly explicit that after Cret met Saulot, his blood bond to Mithras faded and he could have cared less what happened to the Methuselah. The writers probably just changed the narrative to suit their purposes. That's happened all the time in VtM books.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post
              Lair of the Hidden is fairly explicit that after Cret met Saulot, his blood bond to Mithras faded and he could have cared less what happened to the Methuselah. The writers probably just changed the narrative to suit their purposes. That's happened all the time in VtM books.
              that would be one thing..(i didn't like lair of the hidden that much TBH) but i fear it would be a case of writers not caring about past books. Other recent books also seem to ignore(rather than retcon) previous fluff/canon

Comment

Working...
              X