Vilanized Salubri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
    I can't remember the reference, but I remember some edition explicitly mentioning that no one can be forced to Diablerise. Ignore as you see fit, but it would allow someone with dominate 2 to force someone into acts dropping their humanity to "I'm a wight now" by providing a handful of victims
    They can do that now by simply putting them in a place until they're hungry enough to eat someone else. There's a moment in the Dresden Files, which I'd call, basically "World of Darkness-Lite" as its premise where one of the protagonists (who is a vampire race similar to the Toreador) is starved until madness then given an innocent victim to horribly kill.

He does this repeatedly.

A vampire can be forced by Dominate to frenzy and they will eat someone in that time if they can.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      A vampire can be forced by Dominate to frenzy and they will eat someone in that time if they can.
      Forced to frenzy with Dominate?
      For most vampires, they can't choose to frenzy, so it'd be an impossible command. It's also what a level 5 Animalism power is for.

If you left them an innocent when they were hungry, sure they'd drink in frenzy (Accidental Violation - Level 6) But still couldn't be forced to Diablerise

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
        Forced to frenzy with Dominate?
        For most vampires, they can't choose to frenzy, so it'd be an impossible command. It's also what a level 5 Animalism power is for.

If you left them an innocent when they were hungry, sure they'd drink in frenzy (Accidental Violation - Level 6) But still couldn't be forced to Diablerise
        Dominate 1

"Rage."

In the case of the Neonate who was already hungry

"Drink."

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I don't believe CTPhipps meant Dominate can directly force you to Frenzy, but rather under some circumstances, forcing you to do other things that could lead to Frenzy.

However, (assuming this is correct), there are some guidelines that such cases might cause Dominate to fail automatically, or be difficult to pull off.

Dominate attempts to starve yourself, harm a loved one, or otherwise put yourself knowingly into a position that might cause Frenzy are probably all going to easily be self harming or against your nature.

Comment

Kindred life is unfair. Obviously, a Kindred would be able to resist such a command but inducing the kind of feelings which would result in a frenzy (which is dangerous to OTHER PEOPLE versus dangerous to you) is an easy thing to think on.

A Kindred being ordered to kill himself, won't work.

A Kindred being ordered to kill a complete stranger, will.

A Kindred being ordered to kill his best friend, will require more successes.

Comment

Dominate 1

"Rage"
              Ok, maybe I was wrong about what he or she might have meant.

I'd probably allow that to work as well as "sad", "hungry", or "pluto".

Comment

It does not have to be physically harmful, emotionally, spiritually/ethically, etc...

Best case scenario, the target interprets the command as a noun and beats the crap out of you with your own endoresment. Worst case, as a verb, and they call you a mean name while they do whatever they would normally.

:P

Comment

My take on this would be to make a Loresheet, my preliminary version is posted here. That matches what you want for your chronicle/game/campaign. I think that the Salubri have so many versions, stories, etc... that it is best to play with the idea that those stories are not integral to their place in the world.

Comment

Not sure I'd call for a Humanity roll for being Dominated into doing something.

Comment

I would, from the one using Dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
                        I would, from the one using Dominate.
                        Using Dominate to force people to do things could be a level 1 violation in fact; forcing someone to kill someone they love for example, using a supernatural ability, feels like the sort of atrocious act that falls under level 1 sins.

But doing something like forcing a Hunter to drop all her weapons would never require a Degeneration roll. In fact something I find quite funny (I was inspired by Hunters Hunted 2 here) is when Vampires simply call the police on Hunters. There's an anecdote where a Toreador catches a bunch of Hunters with a van full of plastic explosive near his haven. He just calls the police and they all go to prison on conspiracy/terrorism charges. On a similar note, a high humanity Kindred could use Dominate or Potence/Celerity to completely disarm a Hunter and then just leave them for the police. "Yes, they attacked me randomly. You can see all the weapons in their car right? I hope they have a license for those guns, and carrying a knife in a public area..." The Hunter screaming about you being a Vampire will just lead to them being treated as a mental health case most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

Using Dominate to force people to do things could be a level 1 violation in fact; forcing someone to kill someone they love for example, using a supernatural ability, feels like the sort of atrocious act that falls under level 1 sins.

But doing something like forcing a Hunter to drop all her weapons would never require a Degeneration roll. In fact something I find quite funny (I was inspired by Hunters Hunted 2 here) is when Vampires simply call the police on Hunters. There's an anecdote where a Toreador catches a bunch of Hunters with a van full of plastic explosive near his haven. He just calls the police and they all go to prison on conspiracy/terrorism charges. On a similar note, a high humanity Kindred could use Dominate or Potence/Celerity to completely disarm a Hunter and then just leave them for the police. "Yes, they attacked me randomly. You can see all the weapons in their car right? I hope they have a license for those guns, and carrying a knife in a public area..." The Hunter screaming about you being a Vampire will just lead to them being treated as a mental health case most likely.
                          The only problem is that the Hunters are very likely to talk and SOMEONE might listen.

"Could you come down to the station during the day?"

Comment

The only problem is that the Hunters are very likely to talk and SOMEONE might listen.

"Could you come down to the station during the day?"
                            Victims are never under obligation to visit a police station however. It certainly could backfire if one of the police officers involved in processing the case believes in the supernatural, or is a Hunter themselves, but the most likely outcome is that the Hunter is humiliated and left with a criminal record and "crazy person who thinks Vampires exist?" stuck on their medical records, which is going to shorten their life expectancy if they continue trying to be a Hunter after all.

Comment

Something similar happened in Supernatural when hunter groups collided. One was hellbent on killing the others, and they managed to trick him into a showdown, only to have the police find his car's hidden arsenal.

Comment

If these hunters are so inept that their first instinct upon being arrested is to start raving about vampires, then they probably weren't cut out to be hunters. The van situation seems uniquely ideal. But being able to call the police and having them show up mid-attack seems a questionable gamble at best. A good hunter should attack during the day anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X