Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Elders with Methuselah's Thirst survive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodrim View Post

The rub is, methuselahs are going to know into what they're getting themselves, and will have experience with the blood bond sufficient to recognize its signs and how to combat it. Realistically all vampires have experience with being blood bound, but the matter is how much, and over the course of a thousand-year-plus unlife it will have likely happened a few times, not counting time spent having methuselah's thirst. Sure, what was described might be the impulse, but intellectually they'll know it's the blood bond, and from there be better-armed to resist it than other, younger vampires in similar situations.
    A Kindred Methuselah or a Kindred Elder with the Thrist of Ages (another term for this condition) can also have friends, acquaintances and/or allies who can, and will want to, assure that the Regent of the Kindred with the Thirst of Ages does not use the Blood Bond against her or him.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
      A Kindred Methuselah or a Kindred Elder with the Thrist of Ages (another term for this condition) can also have friends, acquaintances and/or allies who can, and will want to, assure that the Regent of the Kindred with the Thirst of Ages does not use the Blood Bond against her or him.
      Absolutely. But, to what I set out from the onset is to disabuse others from the notion Methuselahs necessarily feed the same was as neonates, ancillae, and elders who needn't fear the blood bond from the simple act of feeding. That is to say, a blood point or two every night. Methuselahs can go for weeks at a time without feeding, and vampires don't suffer the same effects of exsanguination mortals do; meanwhile, blood bonds are only strengthened if a vampire feeds from the same vampire on multiple evenings without having broken the bond first.

It's simply more practical for a methuselah to drain large quantities of blood from a number of neonates once a month or so, who they can then mind-fuck, and deal with much more easily-managed one-point bonds, than it is to nibble off an established herd the same way younger vampires do, and deal with the potential ramifications of being three-point bound to anyone at all.

I mentioned earlier I played a PC with Methuselah's Thirst before -- a Tremere, to be precise. Once I figured out the various ways available to that character to get the most out of feeding attempts and stretch his available blood supply, he only had to feed once every three months or so. Granted when he did it was less "find a couple neonates, Dominate the shit out of them, and leave them hungry and no one the wiser" than it was "diablerize entire Sabbat domains at a time in a night of orgiastic violence", but them's the breaks.
      Last edited by Theodrim; 03-01-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X