The Baron's Theory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Baron's Theory

I'm almost half way through Becket's Jyhad Diary (one of the best VTM books I've read) and came across a section where the Semedi theorize that the Bloodlines have a special defense against the ancients because becoming a Bloodline has seperated them from (pretty much) the Antideluvian's clutches. Now what if this theory was true and that the Bloodlines become the survivors when Gehenna hits, what would happen? Or what if it's only the singular Bloodlines that survive?

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

It certainly makes a lot of sense to me

Matthew Dawkins
    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Sooooo... does this mean humans are immune to antideluvians? I'm trying to wrap my head around this theory and I'm pulling blanks. What's this protection? How does not being related to Tzimisce protect you from his Vicissitude $TEXAS?

Now what if this theory was true and that the Bloodlines become the survivors when Gehenna hits, what would happen? Or what if it's only the singular Bloodlines that survive?
      They'd survive the Gehenna and become the majority of vampires instead of a minority? It's not like vampire society somehow depends on the existence of Ventrue or Assamites. There'll be power redistribution and that's about it.

Comment

Its more like that they are immune to the Antediluvian's call through the blood because they have diverged from the Clan ties.

Comment

I would guess it doesn't make them entirely immune, if the Antedeluvian would put their eyes on that particular bloodline of their clan, they could probably affect them just the same. I see it more as a "out of sight, out of mind" kinda protection, they don't show up immediately on the Ancient's radar.

Comment

I think the idea is that the Bloodlines have divorced themselves from the Antediluvian's blood. Although this would not protect them from social manipulation of their elders it does protect the line from powers that depend on lineage. Dominate has at least one. I imagine so does other Disciplines. I imagine this is why Caste and Bloodline are such important distinctions. A caste remains of the blood while a bloodline may or may not.

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
              Its more like that they are immune to the Antediluvian's call through the blood because they have diverged from the Clan ties.
              Wasn't it a plot point that Tremere get to suck both Saulot's and Tzimisce's dicks, despite not being members of either's clans?

Comment

Just Tzimisce, really, depending on what you belive about Saulot.

It really more like the Sabbat Ravnos in the Revised Clanbook calling BS on the Lasombra and Tzimisce after the Ravnos antediluvian died. Seeing that no other Clan had a Week of Nightmares-like event when their Anti died, they see themselves as the only truely free Cainites.

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
                  Just Tzimisce, really, depending on what you belive about Saulot.
                  I seem to remember Tremere mass popping third eyes during the Gehenna.

Comment

Its more like Tremere attempted to orally sodomize Saulot, but got handcuffed to the bed instead.

Comment

What happens if the current Clans were Bloodlines in the previous Gehenna, and were the only survivors? And so it has been and will be forever...

Comment

Why can't this cyclical Gehenna shit just die.

Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                          What happens if the current Clans were Bloodlines in the previous Gehenna, and were the only survivors? And so it has been and will be forever...
                          Okay, I'm game. What happens? How does this influence the game? What stories would that generate and how would it affect your average 13th gen neonate PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                            Wasn't it a plot point that Tremere get to suck both Saulot's and Tzimisce's dicks, despite not being members of either's clans?
                            Tremere himself - special case, since Saulot was inside him, and Tzimesce manipulated everyone in the clan (Tremere was embraced by Tzimesce clan blood effectively) and anyone who had a dot of Vicissitude

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                              Tzimesce manipulated everyone in the clan (Tremere was embraced by Tzimesce clan blood effectively) and anyone who had a dot of Vicissitude
                              Yeah, but if that's enough then how the hell would bloodlines ever be safe? The connection of Tremere to Tzimisce/Salubri/Gangrel/Nosferatu is far weaker than the connection of a bloodline to their parent clan. What I'm positing is that you can't present a criteria of relation to an antediluvian that would include the Tremere but exclude the bloodlines.

Comment

Working...
                              X