No announcement yet.

Ur-Shulgi vs. Japheth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every 4th gen methusealh can kill ur-shulgi, you don't need to take Japhet.
    Enkidu, Menele, Tiamat, Kemintiri and so on are all powerful enough to face the Sheperd and win. The Ur-shulgi kill all clause leaves methuselah out if.

From children of the night
    Second, it doesn't matter what those Traits are — ur-Shulgi is powerful enough to crush any aggressor, except another Methuselah, without apparent effort.
    Even a powerful 5th gen might have a shot.
    Even relative age is not something that can assure you victory, Lazarus was way younger than Caias Koine, who was the BIGGER brother of Japhet, and yet in the end Caias was dust, Lazarus proved stronger than him.

So if you take another 4th gen like him you will have the same problems you have with balances and tactics among neonates; can a cappodocian kill a Assamite in fair fight? Well it's not that easy. Enkidu and Menele are probably more suited for the task. At the same time what is true for neonates is true also for the methuselah: Yeah, in direct fight Japhet might be at disadvantage, but a good Cappa would not go "fair" in a fight with an Assamite. Let Japhet summon an horde of angry spectres and wraith with the power of torching everything to even the field,let him summon an Hekatonkiri from the labyrinth and so on.
    Last edited by Undead rabbit; 02-13-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
      let him summon an Hekatonkiri from the labyrinth and so on.
      this is evil

or even better, open a portal to the Labyrinth and just drop the crazy child-monster inside

====================================
      "Worst English-language User" 2011-2015, 2017 running for the 2018

Comment

...Baba Yaga...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoga84 View Post
          plot-wise, I'd put my money on the creepy child-vampire-magus that just come back from a X-thousand year Torpor and first thing destroyed his same-Generation brood brother for being inadeguate as clan regent,
          even more because the other one was a little too gullible. Seriously, in GC he dies like a chicken.
          He intentionally allowed himself to be diablerized at the instruction of Cappadocious and doesn't fight back at all. I wouldn't say that's dying like a chicken. Dude had to have serious nerves of steel to trust his Sire enough to allow his own soul to be consumed by some young upstart.

Comment

The real winners are those who don't have to deal with these pointless exercises.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
              The real winners are those who don't have to deal with these pointless exercises.
              You could choose not to post in it you know.

Comment

Originally posted by PazuzuAxelf View Post

You could choose not to post in it you know.
                Mostly I mean it tongue in cheek because I've been seeing these conversations for close on 25 years. But I think I'll ignore your "advice" and post where I please, thanks.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by PazuzuAxelf View Post

He intentionally allowed himself to be diablerized at the instruction of Cappadocious and doesn't fight back at all. I wouldn't say that's dying like a chicken. Dude had to have serious nerves of steel to trust his Sire enough to allow his own soul to be consumed by some young upstart.
                  Yep, not going to criticize him, Japhet was plot-wise a great guy with a great background.
                  But that's what I call a chicken-death. He dies for a reason he doesn't understand, only because he is used to trust another being so much that he doesn't even thing to act on his survival instinct. Like a chicken.

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
                  true XD
                  but are these topic that really show that people still love and talk about the metaplot. I like them a lot.

Comment

Yep, not going to criticize him, Japhet was plot-wise a great guy with a great background.
                    But that's what I call a chicken-death. He dies for a reason he doesn't understand, only because he is used to trust another being so much that he doesn't even thing to act on his survival instinct. Like a chicken.

true XD
                    but are these topic that really show that people still love and talk about the metaplot. I like them a lot.
                    Yeah, while I don't know yet if I will wade into the water of the 5th editions as I don't roleplay much anymore these days. I can't wait to see the reignited discussions(well most of them ) from yesteryear.

Comment

(by the way, Japhet is still kicking, his death was but a meaningless turning of the events for a master of the underworld as he was. He is one of the trhee Meth that are using the Capuchin facade)

Japheth has been a wraith for over five centuries since
                      his incomplete diablerie. Some speculate why the diablerie
                      failed; a few assume a vampire who has achieved Golconda
                      is immune to diablerie. Japheth possesses knowledge of
                      the Underworld to rival his fellow ferrymen of the River
                      Styx. A capable navigator of the Tempest, Japheth has
                      seen wonders and horrors both secret and forbidden. He
                      trades some of it, but keeps more for himself. The richest
                      secret of all is how he brought a contingent of Harbingers
                      of Skulls from Kaymakli and to the arms of the Sabbat,
                      where they now make ready for war with the Giovanni.
                      Last edited by Undead rabbit; 02-14-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

(by the way, Japhet is still kicking, his death was but a meaningless turning of the events for a master of the underworld as he was. He is one of the trhee Meth that are using the Capuchin facade)
                        Lore of Bloodlines? Becket Jyhad Diary?

Comment

The new guide to the Black hand

Comment

Great now I'm picturing Ur-Shulgi and Japheth chatting while the Baali under Ur-Shulgi's sway and the Molochim Baali under Japheth's call from the TMR fight it out the background like some kind of demonic Michael Bay movie.

Comment

The new guide to the Black hand
                              I always miss a book or two XD

Originally posted by Cynic01 View Post
                              Great now I'm picturing Ur-Shulgi and Japheth chatting while the Baali under Ur-Shulgi's sway and the Molochim Baali under Japheth's call from the TMR fight it out the background like some kind of demonic Michael Bay movie.
                              well.. how do you think it was my Gehenna?

Comment

plot-wise, I'd put my money on the creepy child-vampire-magus that just come back from a X-thousand year Torpor and first thing destroyed his same-Generation brood brother for being inadeguate as clan regent,
                                even more because the other one was a little too gullible. Seriously, in GC he dies like a chicken.
                                My impression from the printed game materials was that Jamal was of 5th generation (like Tariq) and not a methuselah. More analagous to the Founders and Dastur Anosh rather than multi-millennial progeny of antediluvians like Ur-Shugli, Japheth, and Baba Yaga, or even the Weeping Master. He lost a fight to Dracula, after all. I don't think killing him is necessarily that impressive a feat for something in Ur-Shugli's weight class.

That said, Ur-Shugli appeared to be focused on battle, whether by physical might or sorcery. I'd think that would trump Japheth's more balanced and varied development in a direct fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X