Analects of the Third Garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analects of the Third Garden

So this looks interesting. http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...e-Third-Garden Anyone get this product from the storytellers vault? How was it?

It is a time for great deeds!

I like it, but then again, I did the editing and some of the writing and thus I am a tad biased.

Itsmorethanjustgaming have done a review: Analects of the Third Garden

He do seem to like it to.

Comment

I just got it Sunday and I have to say it’s pretty spectacular so far. I’m pleased it gives me the vibe of a good length prop lore book. I skimmed it and I like they are giving stories about the Antes. Even some unique choices like saying Typhon is Tzimisce and Sutekh was a lady. I’m surprisingly excited to read it!

Comment

Glad you liked it Felicias next project is a in-universe tome on necromancy, but that will take another year or so.

Comment

It really feels like canon quality so far I super dig it! I've been reading it on the phone on break at work and on the bus and such. I was somewhat disappointed in a few other Storyteller vault things but this one redeemed it in my eyes. Excellent job guys. When I fully digest it I'll try to write a review. Bahari lore was something I felt was gravely missing even with the Dark Mother book. This is quite useful.

Comment

Okay this book is amazing you guys I read everything but the ritual portion but its my favorite story of the Antediluvians. It has some interesting twists about the characters of the 2nd gen and the 3rd gen. Like it posits Irad wasn't called Irad the Strong because of his physicality, but because he was the strongest of mind. It plays with the sexes and identity of the Antediluvians too, like the notion Sutekh was a woman, and Mekhet was Malkav and a woman. It also blurs the origins a bit, such as saying Typhon (Tzimisce), Mekhet (Malkavian), and Ilyes (Brujah) were siblings. Ilyes being the youngest and a frail scholar like Irad. It blurs the lines a bit hinting that Ilyes may be either Brujah as he sired and was diablerized by Troile, or Cappadocius since his love for learning led him to question the souls of the dead for knowledge, or Saulot since he journeyed East and his sister Malkhav gifted him with bloody pictogram of an eye over his brow as a gift to awaken him.

And the flavorful writing in it is unlike anything I read, feels old timey as all get out, and the style changes as each of the different books have different oral traditions as Isotta Nogarolla the author wrote them down and her mentor got them from different Bahari and ancient Cainites. So for instance the Book of Lamech has a slight Norsemen vibe because they came from Norse Cainites even though the story talks about Hanesh dying to 3rd gen, 4th gen, and Wan Kuei (Called Easterlings), while others have a more biblical vibe.

Gaaah I want to know if anyone else has read this just so I have others to talk to about it!

Comment

Working...
            X