Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Disciplines do you think we are missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Disciplines do you think we are missing?

So what disciplines would you like added to Vampire if you had say won a dreamsweepstakes allowing you to add some to a new product or a new edition.

I'mma divide it into three categories:

Established Disciplines:
    Basically disciplines that are at least not super rare, so while not everyone knows Protean or Obtenebration, these are still kosher disciplines most of the Cainite world have heard of.

Rare Disciplines:
    Basically things as rare, extinctish and what not to the degree of Temporus.

Maybe Discipline/maybe just Discipline Combos

And I'll probably add in some thoughts on how to evoke these themes without inventing a new discipline, particularly for the Maybe list.

Established Disciplines
    Nightmare:
    I love the idea that Fear would be one of the classic powers vampires would seek to harness to a supernatural extent, and when Requiem added it I was like bingo they said we can steal it in the conversion guide! Add in some powers that allow tapping into dreams and nightmares, and Fomorians and we are gravy! Now if we need to we can touch upon the dream aspects through high level/combo powers for Auspex and Chimeristry, or using Blood Sorcery to curse one with Nightmares or even banish one into the Nightmare. And Presence powers could also just have unique powers that concentrate on Fear.

Mephitis:
    I feel mastery over plagues and diseases would also be a natural purview of blood drinking freaks that dwell in the dirty stinky past. It could also master general illness such as coma and torpor. This is touched upon in blood sorcery already but I like the idea of even neonates trying to master it, and it being something a character could concentrate on.

Shir:
    I was inspired by the Analects of the Third Garden, in which the translators suspect Hanokh (Enoch the Childe of Caine) uses some sort of song proclaimation discipline. I like the idea of old old school lost discipline where you harness fate through song. I know we have Melepominee but I like this as a strong distinct idea. But you could use Melepominee, maybe even with blood sorcery to get a power like this. I could use another name to, I named it Shir after hebrew for to sing, but considered a lot of things like wassail (which already a thing but I still may use it possibly as the origin of the term where maybe Hanokh or Caine condemned a kindred to forever wassail after falling to the beast to often.).

Tempestis:
    Mastery of weather and storms! It could have one of its basic powers allow one to ride the winds and fly like many of the fantastical depictions of flying vampires. And Sutekh and Ennoia (inspired by the Analects of the Third Garden again) could have mastered these powers and not spread them to their children. Sorcery already touches onto such powers, but it can be fun to have a whole power based on it to do more specific and graceful mastery of such powers. You could even use it for telekinetic powers in the form of manipulating the secret winds to strike and master from afar. And I would include much potential for frosty powers too. So everything from storms, lighting, Thunder, snow, sandstorms, and all that jazz.

Kthon/Antyean:
    I feel many vampires are fearsome creatures that dwell in the deep earth and caves, and often sleep in the Earth. I really feel we could benefit from a power over mastery of Earth, particularly the Deep dark underearth. Yes we could already simulate this with Protean, and Visceretika, oh and that nutzo final power of Vicissitude and Koldunic sorcery, but if you just make one discipline for it it you can tap into a lot, even include powers for sleeping and healing in the Earth, and feeding from the ground as the nightmarish description of when Abel's blood fell to the Earth the Earth wigged out and drank dat *bleep* up. And include powers of drawing might and eternity from the Earth like Antyeus, we could even call the discipline Antyean. And it could even tap into some fire/magma themes, though not as strongly since you are a vampire!

Rare Disciplines

Araknis:
    I Hate All Life had an example Inceptor Discipline where you could climb walls, weave blood webbing and poison your bites. I really like this and think it would be fun to have some bloodline or fallen clan maybe making use of this, as well as reinvention by inceptors! You could also already simulate it with I guess Protean but its basic powers are what color its utility, and protean would need high level or combo powers to simulate it. I really feel we need more supernaturals crawling along walls and ceilings. I feel something is wrong with the world of Darkness if you don't have Sabbat and Black Spiral Dancers Crawling up walls and ceilings! Make it happen! Also the power to turn into a mass of spiders, a giant spider, and a manspider are hella cool so steal dat from dem Ananasi! And powers that make Spider and Scorpion Familiars from your blood!

Genesis/Dhainuv: My headcanon includes an Antediluvian that sought redemption and a return to Eden. I like the Idea of a secret cult of Tree Vampires derived from her disciples (but not real childer much like the Children of Osiris). Seems to round out some really gnarly imagery and fleshed it out in my notes. So you don't need Golconda! Just turn into a tree! Can't really see many ways to easily simulate this with what we already have. But I could see some inscrutable maybe methuselah combo disciplines involving Animalism/Protean and maybe Auspex and Sorcery to become a non cursed tree. Or maybe Valeran/Protean/Animalism to purify your soul of the beast and rejoin the cycle as a tree. I need at least one Tree Vampire Damnit!

Rhea: While I feel Tempestis and Antyean are more appropriate for a vampire, I still like the balance of also including a water mastery. We already have Mariners, the Deep loving Lasombra, and Path of Neptune Sorcerers, and you could use Protean or Antyeus to represent bottom grotto dwellers. But maybe some powers for the hungry seas, and the power to ignore the oceans difficulties, be swifter and stronger in it, while also using it to make it hard for other trying to swim/row after you. Maybe bleed into pools to control water, and a way to amplify the spawning pool phenomenon?

Infernus: aaand one more element which I feel Kindred have the weakest link to... naturally. So if you want to use this I like the idea its a damned discipline like Dark Thaumaturgy and Daimonion. So you aren't just fire, you are Hellfire/Balefire. With that said it could just be an aspect of Daimonion. But hey I see a niche for it.

Maybe Disciplines

Titanos
    Colossos
    Palaka
    Imprecari
    Tarasso
    Flight!

Let me post this so I don't loose it. I'mma type a second post covering the Maybes.

Please feel free to give your own ideas, and comment and add onto the ideas myself and others mention.

It is a time for great deeds!

Maybe Disciplines

Titanos:
    So this idea is a discipline for making a disciple for a "true form", a form of beauty like the titans of old. But most are monstrous, its somewhat inspired by the Demon Shintai, and maybe it was something stolen from the Wan Kuei. This already exists spread out in the other disciplines like the war forms of Protean/Vicissitude/Serpentis/Obtenebration. But one Idea I had was what if it was a permanent change type of discipline rather then a transformative one. In this it would be paired with Colossos in that it would be a discipline specifically abandoned and forbidden purposely as Kindred adopted the Masquerade. You can't go around as gods and giants no mo. But replicate it with Fortitude/Potence/one of the Transformative Wierd Disciplines, maybe to make it permanent like Baba Yaga has done making a custom permanent beefed out variant of Talons of Fenris Combo discipline. You could become a dragon, or multi armed god or what not permanently. It also adds such powers as the ability to eat and drink. You start not just resembling the visage of a dragon or demon but becoming more like them in essence as well. I really like the contrast that Laibon and Wan Kuei can become more demonic with flaming hair or the ability to eat flesh.

Colossos:
    Only Half Jokingly I wanted to name this Embiggen. But it was a power that the Kindred of Old, or would you call them Nephilim?, to grow in size. You basically gain greater strength, stamina, health, bloodpool, and armor, but at steep consequences, both to the masquerade and cost in blood. So maybe after a point it makes blood cost more/spend more every night. Maybe it also at greater levels gives you Dexterity and Mental penalties.

Palaka:
    Similar to Araknis, it is a discipline emulating amphibians. Something curiously found in the depths of the Forest Primeval of South America, the Islands of the Philippines and Indonesia, and some say there were ancient bloodlines in the Congo and Australia. Jumping, swimming, super tongue, birth blood eggs to make frog children/familiars, and maybe a metamorphosis... or you can just use Animalism and Protean combos.

Imprecari:
    Curses! But I really like how sorcery already handles curses with rituals and paths. So just add more, and clean up that Path of the Fathers Vengeance! Its cool, but as written a Neonate could curse Lasombra and its screwed unless it has Thaumaturgical countermagic!

Tarasso:
    Greek for to stir, its your telekinesis discipline! Love me some telekinesis. Like flight more fantastical depictions of Draculers seem to love giving them telekinesis, and hovering... and flight. So I don't know we have low power Movement of the Mind already, but nothing for terrible godlike telekinesis that I like (like that Vampire Hunter D scene when he just smacks that guy to death against the stone with his mind). Maybe you could use Tempestis instead though. But if you go the Tarasso route you could have a good flight and telekineses power! Otherwise maybe you could use a combo of Potence/Auspex for Telekinesis made out of your potence (or potence and strength pool), or add in Movement of the Mind and Celerity to the combo for greater dexterity and precision?

Flight!:
    Flight! We could reboot flight, like the Dark Age Vampire 20th Ann style did with many disciplines like Kraina. So don't make it a discipline that just levels up on a predictable path like Potence, make it composed of multiple powers, maybe start with the power to hover and be lighter, then give gliding, flying, other can fly... you name it. Lots of potential.

Comment

All of these are incredibly fascinating ideas, but they would most likely need heavy tweaking and testing to make them functional and fair in-game.

Comment

I have always thought that it would be cool to have a Discipline that was based on returning to humanity. As you progress through the levels you lose vampire weaknesses but also lose vampire advantages, perhaps even becoming thin blooded at some point.

I know that it might undermine the permanence of the vampiric state, but I think that losing mechanical advantages would make it something that not many players would want to take unless it is thematic to their character.

I would want to limit how far you could progress in the Discipline based in Humanity. Maybe maximum is Humanity - 5.

Comment

This is tough. Really tough. There's a couple issues here.

The first is that there are so many weird corner-case disciplines floating around in all the handbooks and guidebooks and everything, that I wouldn't even pretend that I wasn't probably coming up with something that had already been done. I'm sure the White Wolf boys and their successors have probably laid out almost anything interesting in one form or another.

I definitely think it's important to keep it to vampire-related stuff... not just super-power du jour. So that makes it a little more difficult, too, as all the cool vampire stuff has mostly been done.

If I were going to make something up, it would be something Religion-Themed, I think. SOmething like... (riffing here... bear with me, this will be sloppy)

*** EXECRATION ***

* Profane: By spending a WP point, the vampire can desecrate holy sites, blessed items (though not actual supernatural artifacts), etc., with his mere touch or presence. Holy water isn't holy anymore. Graveyards can cease to be consecrated. Etc. This power lasts a scene.

** Decay of Faith: By spending a BP, the vampire can cause a holy symbol within 15 feet to melt away, erupt into flame, or otherwise be destroyed. (Think Bram Stoker's Dracula) This will also work to break icons, burn holy books, etc.

*** Mantle of Evil: The vampire may, by spending a Willpower Point, give off a strong aura of evil that will mark him or her as Damned, will cause anyone of strong religious faith to immediately recognize him or her as evil and force a resistance roll or leave the area in unsettled fear, and will lower difficulties on all interactions with demons, evil spirits, and the like.

**** Unholy Faith: By spending a WP, the vampire reduces the effective True Faith rating of anyone interacting with him by four. The vampire will not take any extra damage from blessed weapons or artifacts (a holy sword will still do normal sword damage) or faith-based attacks or anything similar. This power lasts one scene.

***** Emissary of Hell: The Vampire's Mantle of Evil is increased tenfold. He or she commands unfailing respect and obedience from demons, evil spirits, and the like. The vampire will also exude a Presence-5-like Fear affect against anyone of religious faith who can see him or her. Those who fail to resist will flee in terror. WHile this power is active, every power on this list (except Mantle of Evil) may be used at will for no cost.

We've toyed around with other disciplines in my games.

Our house rules has a Discipline called Metamorph, which deals with physical shapechanging and such... it's a little cornercase, though, as it is reserved pretty much for the Asuras, a vampire clan populating mostly the Indian subcontinent. It's not that interesting or revolutionary, and I've never quite gotten it where I wanted it.

We've got a (terribly named) discipline called Obsidia, that started out as one thing and sort of morphed into another over the years. The powers are:
          * Limitless Drop: That stuff that Selene does at the beginning of Underworld. As long as you're relatively free to move and conscious, you can drop from any height and land with just a little bump.

** Grim Jaws: This is the same power from some other discipline I can't remember, where you can bite through anything with enough time.

*** Wall-Walking: Classic Spiderman-Vampire schtick. Ceilings, too.

**** The Yogi's Blessing: Vampire can basically turn his bones and joints to rubber and do all sorts of freaky stuff.

***** Set Free the Bonds of Earth: Levitation, like the freaky kid outside the window in Salem's Lot.

****** Aerial Predator: Flight, Lost Boys style.

Another chronicle I ran ended up with a Discipline called Angelus, which was basically Angel-stuff. (The ritual that created the new clan involved sacrificing an Angel.) 1 dot was like a Comprehend Languages spell, 2 dots was something about mind reading, 3 dots was some sort of angelic light thing, 4 dots was putting some mark on someone that created a mystic connection and functioned as a kind of minor ward, and 5 dots was feathery wings and flying. That one was actually kind of cool the way it functioned.

I also have a Thaumaturgical Path in my games that I created called the Path of Reflection. It's about mirrors.

* Looking GLass: You can look in one mirror and out another.

** Speaking Glass: You can speak between mirrors.

*** Through the Looking Glass: Reach through a Looking or Speaking glass (quickly) and grab something.

**** Glass Haven: Haven in a mirror. Not without risks.

***** Dark Twin: Look in a mirror, and then shave off a portion of your psyche and leave it in the mirror as a scout. You can communicate with it via Looking Glass/Speaking Glass, and when you eventually get it back, you'll have all of its memories as your own.

Based on the mirror walk ritual, I'm relatively certain something like Path of Reflection has already been done by others. But I can spend my time reading every last book, or I can spend my time making up cool stuff for my games. That's how I look at it. Originality is overrated.

Comment

I think an Umbra related Path (or Discipline) is missing, there is actually an official NPC (Umbra) in Cicago by Night who has discipline called Tellurian that is Umbra related, but there are no rules for it.

Originally posted by Legendre View Post
            We've got a (terribly named) discipline called Obsidia, that started out as one thing and sort of morphed into another over the years. The powers are:
            * Limitless Drop: That stuff that Selene does at the beginning of Underworld. As long as you're relatively free to move and conscious, you can drop from any height and land with just a little bump.

** Grim Jaws: This is the same power from some other discipline I can't remember, where you can bite through anything with enough time.

*** Wall-Walking: Classic Spiderman-Vampire schtick. Ceilings, too.

**** The Yogi's Blessing: Vampire can basically turn his bones and joints to rubber and do all sorts of freaky stuff.

***** Set Free the Bonds of Earth: Levitation, like the freaky kid outside the window in Salem's Lot.

****** Aerial Predator: Flight, Lost Boys style.

Another chronicle I ran ended up with a Discipline called Angelus, which was basically Angel-stuff. (The ritual that created the new clan involved sacrificing an Angel.) 1 dot was like a Comprehend Languages spell, 2 dots was something about mind reading, 3 dots was some sort of angelic light thing, 4 dots was putting some mark on someone that created a mystic connection and functioned as a kind of minor ward, and 5 dots was feathery wings and flying. That one was actually kind of cool the way it functioned.
            Do you have complte write up of that discipline? It sounds quite cool.

I also have a Thaumaturgical Path in my games that I created called the Path of Reflection. It's about mirrors.

* Looking GLass: You can look in one mirror and out another.

** Speaking Glass: You can speak between mirrors.

*** Through the Looking Glass: Reach through a Looking or Speaking glass (quickly) and grab something.

**** Glass Haven: Haven in a mirror. Not without risks.

***** Dark Twin: Look in a mirror, and then shave off a portion of your psyche and leave it in the mirror as a scout. You can communicate with it via Looking Glass/Speaking Glass, and when you eventually get it back, you'll have all of its memories as your own.

Based on the mirror walk ritual, I'm relatively certain something like Path of Reflection has already been done by others. But I can spend my time reading every last book, or I can spend my time making up cool stuff for my games. That's how I look at it. Originality is overrated.
            There is a Path called "Macht der Spiegel" in the german only source book about Frankfurt , that does something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Aahz View Post
              Do you have complte write up of that discipline? It sounds quite cool.
              I assume you're talking about the Angelus discipline. I had to go digging to find my old notes, but yes. Here's what we had:

* Babel's Redemption: This power provides the user with the ability to understand and fluently speak all languages for which a speaker is present. It provides no ability to read or write in such languages.

** Shhh: The power user places finger to mouth and utters "Shhh..." in a soothing voice at a single mortal or ghoul target. That target will fall into a natural but quite deep sleep unless they resist with Willpower/2 vs. Charisma + Empathy. (This is not a MULTI resist, but the target may spend WP for advantage.)

*** Glory: The power user causes his or her skin to glow and cast a soft golden light. It has the cool, muted effect of moonlight, but is slightly more golden. The user's eyes will glow with a slightly brighter light. Activating this power costs 1 BP, and lasts until dawn or canceled. While this power is active, by expending a WP point the power user may cause a burst of bright white light to flash from his or her hands at a target. The light automatically hits, and strips away temporary willpower -- 1 willpower point for every two points the target's humanity is below 9. (So 1 point at 7 or 8, two at 5 or 6, etc.) If used against a Demonic target, a target with demonic investments, or a vampire with Diabolism [NEW EDIT: Or Execration!!!], it also inflicts damage equal to double the number of willpower lost. The offensive use of this power causes fear frenzy in vampires. A target can only be attacked by this target once per night.

**** Angelic Mark: This power allows the power user to spend three blood points and annoint the forehead of a willing target. This has several effects. First, the power user will always know the exact location of the target. The power user may also spend a WP to communicate a single, brief message to the target over any distance. The mark is visible to any Divine or Demonic creature, and shows up in Auspex 2 as a searingly bright flame. The mark makes the target more resistant to powers that would subvert his or her will; when the target attempts to resist any attempt at external control or subversion (including most Dominate and Presence powers) the mark will flare visibly and grant the target 1 free willpower point for the purposes of resisting (which can be spent for free on the MULTI modifier). The mark will do this three times before fading. The power user will know when the mark is activated in this way, and what type of force caused it.

**** Messenger's Guise: The power user may call forth feathery wings (or retract them) by expending 1 WP. When the wings are concealed, even Auspex2 will see only a wingless form. When the wings are revealed, the power user may fly. The wings can be used to simply hover as well, though this may take practice. (The vampire should begin developing a Flight ability to master use of these wings.) While the wings are exposed, the power user may allow anyone hearing him or her speak to hear the words in their native language.

If you want the Obsidia discipline, it's in my custom rulebook, Vampire: Degeneration, which is available somewhere on these boards, as well as several other places on the internets. You'll also notice that some of the mechanics discussions above don't quite jibe with canon VtM... again, that's because I play with a highly customized rule set.

Comment

Those are some interesting ones. Execration I would tack on things like bonus and penalties to the early powers, like Profaned Holy water gives a sense of unease or guilt and causes a dice or difficulty penalty, and seeing a Cross burst into flames maybe causing someone to have penalties to their courage for a few nights.

Angelus is one I never considered. Maybe tack on a bit more to the final power, like enhanced appearance while transformed and a bonus on Inspiration and intimidation. And the Wings being hella fast so they are superior to the Mist form which is hella slow or turning into a bat which is cheaper.

Just curious what is the story behind Obsidia? Was it something to explain the classic cliche vampire tropes, or was it from modern humans expecting themselves to have these powers and incepting the discipline spontaneously?

I like the idea for a Mirror Path! I never realized how much I used mirrors in my homebrew rituals, I pretty much have all those powers in my headcanon Bloodsorcery but they were just spread out into multiple rituals, interesting idea to make them a path. I wish they made an effort to create a handful of rituals evoking individual Sorcery Paths in the books. I am working on a Ritual creation system where vampires can create rituals easier if they already have magics thematically associated with it, so someone with a Path of Neptune Mastery could more easily learn how to say record a message into a still body of water, or a movement of the mind practitioner could more easily learn a ritual that did something like create a telekinetic spirit hand to hold a candle or umbrella or book for them for a night.

Comment

if you want the Obsidia discipline, it's in my custom rulebook, Vampire: Degeneration, which is available somewhere on these boards, as well as several other places on the internets. You'll also notice that some of the mechanics discussions above don't quite jibe with canon VtM... again, that's because I play with a highly customized rule set.
                  That what I was looking for thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    Just curious what is the story behind Obsidia? Was it something to explain the classic cliche vampire tropes, or was it from modern humans expecting themselves to have these powers and incepting the discipline spontaneously?
                    Oh it's a long story. Probably way more than you want to read, but I type really fast so it's no skin off my back...

In the beginning, it was a discipline created for a new Sabbat clan called the Oaxaca. (I never liked that name, but despite being the head Theme Architect, I wasn't *always* the last word on the MUSH.) The first dot power was acoustic location, then grim jaws, wall walking, and then some weird stuff having to do with shattering and deforming things. (The Limitless Drop was originally a part of Angelus, as it happens.)

After the MUSH closed down, I started doing major, major overhauls of the rules we'd created to turn them into a Tabletop system. The Oaxaca went bye bye, and I added the Yogi's blessing to Obsidia after I imagined a vampire with wall-walking doing the exorcist walk instead of the spider-man walk. I may have cribbed the power from somewhere else, or I might have come up with it on my own. I genuinely don't remember. I assigned Obsidia to the new Indian clan (subcontinent Indians), the Asuras. I wasn't running Angelus in-game at the time, so I swapped out Limitless Drop for the Acoustic Location thing, thinking I'd put it into some sort of other discipline like Abombwe at some point, if I needed it.

Over the years, I worked and reworked the rules system, trying out various things and going through the same process of anyone else trying to build a better mousetrap. The major change came when I decided I wanted to give each clan four in-clan disciplines, as part of a project to blur the lines between them a little more. (I've always thought that VtM focused a little too much on clan, to the extent that players thought of themselves as a Toreador rather than a vampire.) Giving it to the Gangrel was an easy call, and I was trying to think to whom else I'd give it. The Nosferatu were a really top choice, but I decided they needed Protean more. I really liked the image of Selene dropping from the tower in Underworld, so I wanted to give it to a bad-ass black-wearing goth clan -- Brujah or Ventrue or Lasombra, probably. I was already giving the Brujah Necromancy, and I really wanted Obfuscate for the Ventrue, so Lasombra got the win.

Then I was trying to figure out how to put in a discipline that would allow flying... and that's when I realized that there already was a discipline that involved motion: dropping, crawling... why not flying? ANd the notion of flying Gangrel and Lasombra just struck me the right way.

Out went the weird matter-shattering power (the Lasombra have potence anyway) and in went Levitation and Flight.

And that's the story behind Obsidia.

Comment

I think we need a discipline that deals with the manipulation of physical space. There's already a discipline that controls the flow of time, so why not?

As for why this discipline would make sense, some legends about vampires describe them not as reanimated corpses, but as vengeful ghosts who can appear in multiple places at once, or make themselves intangible so they can phase through solid obstacles, which is how they're able to travel between their graves every night.

Comment

I'd like to stick to basics.

Intelligence and Wits enhancement.

Potence, Celerity, and Fortitude enhance Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina, respectively.

In a round-about way, Dominate enhances Manipulation, and Presence enhances Appearance and Charisma.

Auspex buffs Perception.

Where's the love for Intelligence and Wits? They can't even be blood-buffed.

So, I'd like to see Potence-style disciplines for Intelligence and Wits.

(I guess Focused Mind... sort of... but making a vampire smarter is too common of a need for a niche Thaumaturgy path.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                          I need at least one Tree Vampire Damnit!
                          Though not a serious effort I came up with a paintjob for Protean to provide one with Tree Vampires once upon a time on the old forums. I reposted it on these forums if your interested.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...130#post297130

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

Potence, Celerity, and Fortitude enhance Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina, respectively.

In a round-about way, Dominate enhances Manipulation, and Presence enhances Appearance and Charisma.

Auspex buffs Perception.

(I guess Focused Mind... sort of... but making a vampire smarter is too common of a need for a niche Thaumaturgy path.)

Oh yeah I was wondering about that too. My wonder was whether it would be a Jyhad Secret that the Antes kept to themselves, because Wisdom and Knowledge is the most potent of weapons. And or its something Inceptor Caitiffs invented, causing something thought impossible to hit the streets at the lowest level. This would be something to catch the Eye of even the Antes.

So before when I thought about it I had 3ish ideas, the third being something to explain the Oracles among the Thin Bloods, even though Auspex and Dementate touch upon the Oracular powers already.

Mnemosyne- a Discipline for memory and mastery of history. It could be probably replicated with Auspex combined with Fortitude, or adding a dab of Sorcery and Dominate in the mix. But depending on if the other wisdom disciplines exist it could have some intelligence bolstering effects.

Cogito- The Intelligence and Wits version of Potence/Celerity/Fortitude. It would be the ultimate wellspring of genius and creativity. At higher levels even being able to create intelligences and divide your mind. But I'm thinking once this gets released it would be pretty Gehennariffic because it could kickstart even mundane technology as Kindred start pushing human tech to more Technocratic levels.

Voluspa- The Oracle ability that puts even Auspex to shame. It could probably be simulated with Auspex/Temporalis/Dementate mixes.

These were big ones I forgot. I wonder if I forgot anything else. I know I had ideas for Frost Disciplines but I wanted to push them to the Weather Discipline. But I can pop it here.

Niflhrim- Basically the cold discipline of frost and blizzards, found with the ancient crone mothers of Scandinavia and the Slavic lands, as well as ancient bloodlines in torpor in Northamerica and Greenland. Think Freezing the blood. Cursing the Kine with the withering cold to blight their lands. Make the environment, slippery, cold, and blustery to have super penalties on those invading you presence. And higher levels spirits of cannibal winter like Wendigo, Hrimthursar and what not being summoned or created, Ice Arms and Armor, turning into ice and snow. This could be simulated with Kraina/Koldunic Sorcery, or Tempestis but it could be fun if it was its own dedicated discipline!

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

Auspex buffs Perception.

There is also the combo discipline Clarity of Emptiness.

Another thing that is missing are in general Disciplines for characters with high metal attributes.

Most disciplines are either based on physical or social attributes, even for Blood Magic Intelligence is for the most part only need for Rituals. And there are barely any Discipline powers that require Wits.

Last edited by Aahz; 03-18-2018, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X