Major Events Around the 1400 & 1500's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Events Around the 1400 & 1500's

I was trying to work on a campaign set around 1550. For this, I was trying to establish major events in the Cainite world around this time period. Namely in Europe (where the game is set). The White Wolf Wiki was somewhat hard to sort through for the years, especially given the other splat events mixed in. I was hoping others might be able to point out certain things I missed? Basically events from 1400 to around 1550. Below is what I have so far.

The Anarch Revolt breaks out, involving numerous Kindred rebelling against their elders.
    Augustus Giovanni supposedly diablerizes Cappadocius and initiates a purge of the Cappadocians.
    Lugoj the Blood-Breaker supposedly diablerizes Tzimisce.
    Gratiano de Veronese supposedly diablerizes Lasombra.
    The Anarch Revolt is officially brought to an end through the Convention of Thorns, establishing the Camarilla.
    The Promise of 1528 establishes a treaty of non-interference between the Giovanni and the Camarilla.
    Remaining rogue Anarchs and disenfranchised Camarilla begin to organize in southern and eastern Europe under Tzimisce and Lasombra leadership.

If I'm not mistaken the Anarch Revolt actually starts in the 1390s.

Comment

That's pretty much it. In that timespan you have the inquisition, anarch revolt, rise of the Giovanni, foundation of Camarilla, Convention of Thorns, foundation of the Sabbat, The Monmatre Pact (Tremere are forbidden to create new Gargoyles), The Promise, Sabbat moving to the Americas.
      Also, the Assamites are bound by the Tremere curse and the Old Man on the Mountain is killed and replaced due to this.

Though all of those events are ripe with story seeds or even an entire campaign.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
        If I'm not mistaken the Anarch Revolt actually starts in the 1390s.
        Might be. Close enough for the purposes of why I am compiling it.
        Cadmiumcadamium I forgot to add The Monmatre Pact and the Assamite Blood Curse. Thanks!

Comment

Hardestadt the Elder first proposes the Camarilla at a meeting in Vienna in 1394.The following year, he's attacked and diablerized by Tyler and his childe Hardestadt the Younger assumes his identity.

‚ÄčIn 1435 Hardestadt holds a conclave of elders where he has another go at forming the Camarilla. Most reject his proposal, but a number agree, and by 1450, they are launching a coordinated counter-attack on the anarchs. (Guide to the Camarilla)

1493 sees the Convention of Thorns and the formation of the Camarilla and the Sabbat

Over the next half-century, the Sabbat comes together and launches what amounts to a highly successful terrorist campaign against the nascent Camarilla. Hardestadt and Raffael de Corazon get quite panicky at their success. By 1550, however, the tide is starting to turn and the Sabbat is beginning its migration to the New World (Guide to the Sabbat, Transylvania Chronicles III).

I'm working on the 1396-1493 period for a chapter in my Winchester source book, so I have a few non-canon plot ideas as well, but that's all I can think of canonically.

Comment

Wait. If the first meeting is in 1394, when does the actual anarch revolt start? Because i image that it takes at least a couple of decades before Hardestadt starts to realise that banding together with other elders might be a good idea.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
              Wait. If the first meeting is in 1394, when does the actual anarch revolt start? Because i image that it takes at least a couple of decades before Hardestadt starts to realise that banding together with other elders might be a good idea.
              It does. Going by Guide to the Anarchs, the Society of Leopold is already a serious threat by 1300. You then (Anarchs Unbound), have the Black Death in the 1340s and 1350s, wiping out a large chunk of Europe's population and threatening Cainite herds.The elders, with the largest and most stable herds, will presumably be more weakened by this than Cainites who are used to living from hand-to-mouth - especially the Ventrue with their specialized feeding requirements. Existing canon doesn't make much mention of the Black Death, even though Wat Tyler's revolt in 1381, which forms a large part of Patricia of Bolingbroke's backstory, was partly caused by it. I've emphasized its significance more for my SV project.

Anyway, the Spanish Ventrue, Lasombra and Brujah elders tried throwing their childer at the Inquisitors to distract them, sowing the seeds of revolt.Tyler ignited them when she diablerized Hardestadt in 1395.That's widely seen as the spark that set the movement ablaze, but all it did was move an existing situation into a higher gear.

Hardestadt's Camarilla idea wasn't purely driven by the anarch issue, although that came to the fore in later decades. It was also about a unified response to the Inquisition. Hardestadt had two "models" in his own territories for the sort of decentralized-but-coordinated structure he had in mind - the Holy Roman Empire and the Hanseatic League - so it's unsurprising that he should have been the one to come up with it.

Comment

Hardestadt creating the Camarilla was in response to the Inquisition and the Burning Times which led to the deaths of numerous Cainites. Indeed one of the reasons the Anarch Revolt begins is that elders were casually tossing their childer and other neonates into the path of the Inquisitors hunting them.

The Anarch Revolt essentially begins in 1395 with the diablerie of Hardestadt the Elder by the Brujah Patricia (who takes the name Tyler). Word of the elder's defeat causes the Brujah of Spain to rise up which are the first conflicts of the Anarch Revolt.

Gratiano de Veronese leads a group of Assamites on the attack against the Castle of Shadows in 1405 and Lugoj Blood-Breaker attacks the Tzimisce Cathedral in 1413. As news of these diableries spread the Revolt is further galvanized.
                • It is unclear whether or not Gratiano was successful in his diablerie. Montano believes his memories of that evening have been tampered with.
                • [Tzimisce] secretly staked and took the visage of Lugoj Blood-Breaker, faking its diablerie, only Lambach Ruthven bore witness to this and was too afraid to do anything about it

Comment

Working...
                X