BJD, Dhampire questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJD, Dhampire questions

Finally was able to afford this (well not hurt as much buying) and devoured (heh) it cover to cover.

So my favourite section was The Blood Thickens. I liked the materials and thought they'd make for interesting hooks.

A few questions:

*Blood drinking: So they can chow down on Vitae to charge, but they can't become ghouls. At first glance this seems a *duh* since they "are physically the same as Revenants" But then I got to thinking, so drinking vampire blood does not hit pause on their aging?

*having kids: If a dhampire and a revenant love each other very very much, will the offspring be a revenant or a dhampire or a normal kid?

*raising Disciplines: never beyond one is a no brainer, but does this include if drinking a steady diet of low gen vitae? And as always XP costs too high.

*Flaws I suppose a Dhampire RAW can't take a clan weakness? I mean some like Ventrue and Lasombra don't make sense, but I could see Toreador, or Tzimisce...

1. No the Dhampire generally age slower after having his Vampire side awaken during puperty though it is not clarified how much slower.
    2. No the Dhampire is only created from having sex with 15+ Vampire and a mortal. Dhampire with Revenant would only mayby create another Revenant though it is more likely to be just another normal human.
    3. Yes and Yes. This whas retconed from TotTB where a Dhampire could still like a ghoul raise his disciples by drinking low gen blood. Now you still can only have one Dot and it even cost as much as a ghoul despite getting less freebies. I would personally Houserule that because Dhampires are more vampire then human they pay like other vampires only EXP for each new disciple (or mayby 10 like a new sphere for a mage).
    4. Yes, their Blood is even thinner then those of a 15 or 16th Gen Vampire so for them every vampire boon or bain is impossible.

Well I have another question. If a male vampire have sex during getting mortal for a day with a disciple like "The greatest Trick" from Mytherica or "Necromancy" can he then creates children and if yes, is it then a normal mortal or a Dhampire?

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
    First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
    Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post
      1. No the Dhampire generally age slower after having his Vampire side awaken during puperty though it is not clarified how much slower.
      2. No the Dhampire is only created from having sex with 15+ Vampire and a mortal. Dhampire with Revenant would only mayby create another Revenant though it is more likely to be just another normal human.
      3. Yes and Yes. This whas retconed from TotTB where a Dhampire could still like a ghoul raise his disciples by drinking low gen blood. Now you still can only have one Dot and it even cost as much as a ghoul despite getting less freebies. I would personally Houserule that because Dhampires are more vampire then human they pay like other vampires only EXP for each new disciple (or mayby 10 like a new sphere for a mage).
      4. Yes, their Blood is even thinner then those of a 15 or 16th Gen Vampire so for them every vampire boon or bain is impossible.

Well I have another question. If a male vampire have sex during getting mortal for a day with a disciple like "The greatest Trick" from Mytherica or "Necromancy" can he then creates children and if yes, is it then a normal mortal or a Dhampire?
      For #2, technically there's a precedent for the kids of dhampires to be revenants by default. There's an african bloodline with a clan curse that they can only feed off a specific revenant bloodline, the origins of which are a dhampir created between their bloodline founder and a mortal woman sorcerer.

That also sets a precedent for any children a vampire has to be dhampires, whether it's using "greatest trick" or "the corpse in the monster" path of necromancy. That kinda makes sense, the legends of dhampires existing are a Lot older than modern nights.

I like the idea of dhampires having normal XP cost for disciplines with ghoul discipline limits. In legends, dhampires said to hunt their immortal parents, so making it so they brogress by hunting vamps seems thematic.
      Last edited by Prometheas; 08-11-2020, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X