Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablerie signs and detection through blood

Hello everyone.
    I have a little problem here. I'm a ST and in one of my game (V20) a Tremere asked me for an action i don't know how to resolve.

Last session, he committed his first Diablerie on a gen 8th (he is 8th too). He possess the Principal focus of VItae Infusion ritual, allowing him to create little tokens (here, rosary eads) filled with his vitae that he can crack up to regain 1BP. He created some of those beads for his fellow cainite, as an emergency device. MY question is, because there is several way of detecting diablerie THROUGH blood (Blood path, Rituals, Auspex etcetc ), he asked me if the new Token will bear the mark of diablerie and if the previous tokesn (before he commited diablerie) will have the taint as well; He need to know in order to trick someone in having a Diablerie taint by drinking his blood. I honsestly could not come with a propoer answer.

More generally, except the OBVIOUS Auspex 2. How can a cainite determine diablerie through blood "analysis" and how is it traduced : how long does it stay, how is it perceived Etc

Thank you all.

To my understanding diablerie signs are a part of your soul or being, not exactly your blood (though one might argue blood is the same thing for kindred, I see it as an extension). I don't think he can just taint someone by making them drink his blood, not when there is a level four thaumaturgy ritual that does that for a day (Mark of Amaranth, from Clanbook: Tremere Revised).

For detecting diablerie, apart from the obvious aura perception power, enough successes on path of blood 1 power will also reveal diablerie. The black marks on your soul fades, but "A Taste for Blood" doesn't care if it was 10 days ago or 10 centuries. It also doesn't literally look into the blood, but uses it as a sympathetic connection, as it reveals things like "how much vitae target has left" or "how recently he fed". So probably his old blood would now betray that fact.

One thing I don't know is if blood locked into an object with the vitae infusion can be read by "A Taste for Blood". I think that falls under ST discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Piratejm View Post
      Hello everyone.
      I have a little problem here. I'm a ST and in one of my game (V20) a Tremere asked me for an action i don't know how to resolve.

Last session, he committed his first Diablerie on a gen 8th (he is 8th too). He possess the Principal focus of VItae Infusion ritual, allowing him to create little tokens (here, rosary eads) filled with his vitae that he can crack up to regain 1BP. He created some of those beads for his fellow cainite, as an emergency device. MY question is, because there is several way of detecting diablerie THROUGH blood (Blood path, Rituals, Auspex etcetc ), he asked me if the new Token will bear the mark of diablerie and if the previous tokesn (before he commited diablerie) will have the taint as well; He need to know in order to trick someone in having a Diablerie taint by drinking his blood. I honsestly could not come with a propoer answer.

More generally, except the OBVIOUS Auspex 2. How can a cainite determine diablerie through blood "analysis" and how is it traduced : how long does it stay, how is it perceived Etc

Thank you all.
      So, first off, I would say that any tokens made previously would not have the taint. I don't see any reason to think it would transfer to that for like, thaumaturgical sight. That said, I think something like Taste of Blood would still reveal the information.
      This power was developed as a means of testing a foe’s might — an extremely important ability in the tumultuous early nights of Clan Tremere. By merelytouching the blood of his subject, the caster may determine how much vitae remains in the subject and, if the subject is a vampire, how recently he has fed, his approximate Generation and, with three or more successes, whether he has ever committed diablerie.
      Key word being 'ever'.
      Secondly, any new tokens would have the taint that using certain means should reveal. Like thaumaturgical sight or whatever tests outline can notice, though I don't think just Auspex would work if they are using it on the object.
      Third of all, I've never heard that someone who drinks the blood of a diablerist gains the 'taint'. I don't think that's a thing? The taint applies to the individual who commits the act. And can be traced in their blood. But I don't think that transfers to anyone else that might drink that blood.

Comment

Working...
      X