Most Useful Blood Sorcery Rituals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Useful Blood Sorcery Rituals

We all have our favorites, our "go to" ritual. What are your favorite blood sorcery rituals of levels 1-5? Specifically, why is it so amazing? Is it V20 or classic?

My current favorite is Craft Wierding Stone (Koldunic Sorcery ritual, level 2 from Caine's Chosen - The Black Hand): Like the Bloodstone ritual the caster always knows distance and heading to the location of the stone. The stone can also allow the user to send a telepathic message to the caster, and also allows the wielder to know the direction to go to find what they seek. Give one of those to your ghouls when you send them out to smoke a rival; they can update you on the fly, and even if the target is moving you will find him.

Apport Object, most recently reprinted in Red List. It's Thaumaturgy 1 and it allows you to enchant an object to teleport to you on command. Aside from keeping your Thaumaturgy 5 talisman safe from being stolen, it also allows you to steal things (provided you have 5 minutes to enchant them), do sick magic tricks at parties, bring any tool you might want to you when you need it, smuggle things into any area, and other fun and useful things.

Originally posted by g3taso View Post
    My current favorite is Craft Wierding Stone (Koldunic Sorcery ritual, level 2 from Caine's Chosen - The Black Hand): Like the Bloodstone ritual the caster always knows distance and heading to the location of the stone. The stone can also allow the user to send a telepathic message to the caster, and also allows the wielder to know the direction to go to find what they seek. Give one of those to your ghouls when you send them out to smoke a rival; they can update you on the fly, and even if the target is moving you will find him.
    Oh yeah, I have one of those! It's called a "smartphone"

Comment

Of the usual (core book) ones
      • Illuminate the Trail of Prey - that very parctical if you need to find or follow someone
      • Burning Blade - Weapon with Agg damage
      • Donning the Mask of Shadows - that almost like getting Obfuscate for free (at least in the V20 version)
      • Principal Focus of Vitae Infusion - beeing able to store and carry around lots of blood is also very practical
      • Pavis of Foul Presence - be completely save from Presence and even throw the effects back on the one who tried to used them on you
      • Enchant Talisman - the DAV20 version lets you (if I understand it correctly) cast Rituals up to level 4 without the usual (quite long) casting time, which eliminates the main downside of rituals in comparison to discipline powers

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
        Apport Object, most recently reprinted in Red List. It's Thaumaturgy 1 and it allows you to enchant an object to teleport to you on command.
        Do you know on what page, I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aahz View Post
          Do you know on what page, I can't find it.
          I was wrong, it's not actually in Red List. You can find it in Storytellers Handbook to the Sabbat p.51.

Comment

-The various Ward and Warding Circle rituals are all useful. Being able to keep ghouls away from certain things is, alone, invaluable in the Jyhad. As are Wards against ghosts, if you manage to run afoul of a necromancer, or are Haunted (like with the Flaw).

-Defense of the Sacred Haven is a literal unlife-saver, by turning any area into an impromptu haven, safe from sunlight.

-Domino of Life can be useful for social-focused blood sorcerers, or even just blood sorcerers who have low Humanity and can't employ the blush of life easily. If you absolutely need to pass as human, this ritual is a cheap way of proving your credentials as a living person. Might help a vampire dodge suspicion from vampire hunters.

-Recure of the Homeland heals aggravated damage faster and more cheaply than doing it just with blood. If a sorcerer gets into a lot of fights, and they either unlive in their home city or have a bunch of its soil on hand, it can expedite the healing process, at least a little.

-Clinging of the Insect can be very useful for getting around. For just the price of a live spider, the sorcerer turns any surface into navigable terrain. Need to escape but all land passages blocked? Scale the walls. Need to hide in a room with no cover? Few people ever bother to check the ceiling. Want to set up an emergency or supplementary haven that can't be accessed easily? Have the entrance be on the side of a sheer cliff, or up some shaft with no stairs, etc. It's worth noting that while other Discipline powers could replicate these advantages, they aren't native to many blood sorcerers (like, for instance, the Tremere).

-Speaking of rituals to enhance mobility, Incorporeal Passage makes physical barriers a non-issue. Walk through walls, slip out of manacles. So long as the sorcerer has access to a mirror shard, they can escape from most mundane traps and bypass most mundane barriers. And the duration of this effect is measured in hours.

Comment

Suspension of Incantation (4) is extremely useful. You can prepare traps, displays of power and other neat tricks. The more paths you know the more versatile it gets.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Oh Like this topic! I'll get back once I find the names of the two rituals I'm thinking of!

Comment

Also quite good:
                  • Sanctify the Temple (Rites of Blood,Old Skool Sorcery) - Level 1 Ritual that decreases all difficulties for Pathpowers and Rituals in it by -1 for a Month, very usefull
                  • Ambrus Kelemen’s Aegis (V20 Dark Age) – gives you some Bonus dice you can use for a soak roll or to detect an ambush, nice little buff
                  • Blood into Water (Rites of Blood) - Level 1 let spilled Blood Vanish, helps keeping the masqurade
                  • Illusion of Peaceful Death (Rites of Blood) – Level 2 make it look like someone died naturally, dito
                  • Beacon of the Self (New York by Night) – level 3 find the location of an other vampire, handy for detective stories
                  • Consecration of the Sanctum (Players Guide to the Low Clans) - level 4 similar to Sanctify the Temple but it effects only rituals, not as good as "Sanctify the Temple" but it is Tremere Thaumaturgy
                  • Preservation of the Sanguine Heart (Rites of Blood) – level 4 immunity against Bloodbonds for a few days
                  • Vires acquirit eundo (Bloodmagic) - Level 5 increases the duration of an other Ritual, makes other Rituals even better

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                    I was wrong, it's not actually in Red List. You can find it in Storytellers Handbook to the Sabbat p.51.
                    Ah OK, there is also a level 3 ritual named "Translocation of the Vessel" in Rites of Blood that does something similar.

Comment

There's this Tremere NPC I had who had loaaaaaaaaads of "useless" rituels that are, actually, great for what he does : rituals to grow back hairs, domino of life, pavis of foul presence, all the bureaucratic rituals, the rituals to make people pretty or keep shiny art works safe or clean your herd of its diseases.

Why is it so useful? Because he lives in Paris, France, a Toreador focused city, and with enough selling skills you can definitly sell those rituals as services to the Ventrue and Toreador living there. Most of those rituals are so cheap it's worth doing them for trivial boons. He's managed to become every Toreador's best friend.

Comment

For it's level; Extinguish is a great ritual. It helps against one of the banes of Vampires. Putting out fires with a word (If prepared earlier)

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                          For it's level; Extinguish is a great ritual. It helps against one of the banes of Vampires. Putting out fires with a word (If prepared earlier)
                          Heavily depends on the version. The best one is Ashes of Agni's Curse, which lets you enchant a handful of ashes that then last forever and can be used on demand. Extinguish Flames in Red List p.101 is hilariously useless - it's a level two ritual with no pre-cast, so I hope you have spare ten minutes to cast it while the fire consumes you. Extinguish in DAV20 p.304 is okay, with caveats. You pre-cast it at the start of the night, so it's a nightly drain on your blood resources if you are sufficiently paranoid to get good use out of it. It also requires pinching a candle, which provokes Rotschreck and could result in aggravated damage. The ritual specifically doesn't say that, but you are a highly flammable vampire and some other magic rituals deal aggravated damage in similar circumstances so an ST might call for that.
                          Last edited by Kammerer; 03-26-2018, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Pavis of Foul Presence is a great way to make your ST hate you.

Comment

Firewalker is invaluable if you're a member of the Sabbat.

Comment

Working...
                              X