Names of the Hierophants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names of the Hierophants

The Setites are enemies of all Egyptian Gods except Set, right? But names of their Hierophants still praise them, for example Maatkare - True counterpart of Re. I didn't find such egyptian name like Seterpenre, but we have name Setepenre - “Chosen of Re”, Nakhthorheb or Nectanebo - "Strong is Horus of Hebit". Names had very important, religious and ritualistic meaning in Acient Egypt, I belive even if Hierophants have such names when were still alive, they would take new names after Embrace. What do you think?
    Last edited by trueann; 03-26-2018, 02:56 PM.

It’s complicated, Blood Sacrifices Secets of Thaumaturgy mentions how with Akhu they will still try to draw power from the Egyptian Gods except Osiris.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      It’s complicated, Blood Sacrifices Secets of Thaumaturgy mentions how with Akhu they will still try to draw power from the Egyptian Gods except Osiris.
      Hm, interesting. Cheсked unofficial wiki: "The knowledge required to make use of Akhu is vast: not only must a lector-priest understand the Egyptian lore of death, but also know the names of hundreds of gods, seek out the proper knowledge of the ancient Egyptian language, and must honour Set at least once a month in their properly constructed blasphemy-shrine.
      Recently, branches of the Clan have tried to adapt Akhu for their own mythologies by drawing on mystic parallels of a primordial confrontation between rival gods within different mytholgies. One example of such an adaption is the confrontation between Loki (in the role of Set) and Baldur (in role of Osiris)". Blasphemy is key-word.
      Last edited by trueann; 03-26-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I hear one of them is going by the name "Green" now...

Comment

Working...
        X