Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to Sire a Childe of another clan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to Sire a Childe of another clan?

I realise this is unlikely but is it possible for a vampire of one clan to sire a childe who fits into another clan? I'm looking for a justification for a childe NPC I'm creating so that I don't have to generate a new sire for them but use an existing one from my campaign. Nosferatu > Gangrel is the specific thing I'm looking at.

If the childe is a caitiff they will have no clan weakness. How the sire reacts to that is up to you. Or in this instance instead of involving siring, just make a story that the older npc blood bound the younger some time ago

Comment

Yeah I was thinking it might have to be a 'sire' who bloodbond/ghouls the 'childe' but the childe was actually embraced by another sire - was trying to avoid rolling up the 'true' sire

Comment

Make them Caitiff, then through blood ritual be adopted into the target clan. You have then quite a bit of messy story to explore/unravel: the sire's shame, the debt necessary to induce adoption, and the like. The blood "doesn't take" all the time... hence Caitiff.

Quite possible for the poor childe to be oblivious to all of this, in the heady first nights of frenzy and... well... Dominate. Sire would probably prefer to ensure no one knew of the "issue" with their, um, issue. Good fodder for flaws related to dark secret and the like, especially if the character is destined to be politically involved.

"Why is our Ventrue primogen growing bat ears after frenzy?"
        "You just assumed he was Ventrue, because his sire is, yaknow?"

--Khanwulf

Comment

I'd say no but then again, I disallow the existance of mechanical caitiffs as well.

Comment

The childe would either be of your clan, a caitiff, or a new bloodline. There are some special cases were it would be a different bloodline like Setites can sire a childe who belongs to the Warrior Caste. But you don't jump clans, that is not how clans work.

You can have a Nosferatu who seems very gangrel, and even has things like horns hooves and a tail though.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I played A game where we had a strange character who's sire diablierized his enemy from another clan. When he sired the players character he ended up being from his sires enemies clan. The reasoning was that the 2 souls were way war in the one body and it was having strange effect. Maybe something crazy like that could work for you

Comment

Or take it one step up in the bloodline, the sire only assumed that he/she is a Nosferatu, in truth it was clan Gangrel all along.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Lots of Frenzies in the first nights of Vampirism, or he developed a supernatural flaw of Monstrous to have Zero Appearance

Comment

In canon, you have 3 choices when a character is embraced: the Original Clan, a Caitiff/Panders, or a Maeghar/Kiasyd thingy if the human had fae blood. In addition, there are canon ways to become a member of another clan, namely a Setite or Baali. Also, the Diablerie can do some funny things. Read the full diablerie description the new Black Hand book and read up on Mithras.

In the Outcasts book, there is a quote from a Malkavian elder saying that some Caitiff end up eventually becoming Malkavians. It's stated that any vampire who can access the Malkavian Madness Network is by definition a Malkavian, so it stands to reason that this could happen by some poor Vampires getting tuned into the Network well after the embrace, and if the Malks can do that to other Clans too...but this is not canon, just a fun thought,

Also, the Tremere are basically Caitiff who all drink some magical kool-aid that makes them susceptible to a blood bond. There is no reason that toxic drink would not work on anyone from any clan, making them "Tremere" by proxy, but that is definitely not canon, and the Tremere would probably be pretty damn picky too. Or it could make them Tzimisce...or Salubri...

Comment

What I've decided to go with is a 10th Nosferatu who had a 12th gen Gangrel 'minion'. Gangrel minion got a bit carried away and sired a childe (with the Monstrous flaw) just before the Nosferatu and the Gangrel were wiped out by bad guys (the PCs). So everyone assumes that the childe is Nosferatu because of their appearance.

It'll all get cleared up in the end...

Comment

Nope!

The closest you can get is siring a Caitiff who's NOT a thin blood. Beyond that, any childe you sire will always be a member of your parent clan.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                          In canon, you have 3 choices when a character is embraced: the Original Clan, a Caitiff/Panders, or a Maeghar/Kiasyd thingy if the human had fae blood. In addition, there are canon ways to become a member of another clan, namely a Setite or Baali. Also, the Diablerie can do some funny things. Read the full diablerie description the new Black Hand book and read up on Mithras.
                          You can be considered a Setite by the Setites if you drink the coolade, but it doesn't mystically change your clan.

Baali can change you to Baali (or in some versions, just a Baali Apostate where they give you their clan flaw but you don't get rid of the old one)
                          Panders apparently have a ritual for you to become Pander, but I don't know if that severs the link to the clan mystically.
                          Children of Osiris and Modern Ahrimanes can't embrace, can only convert.
                          Bloodlines can be created, they aren't technically of the Parent Clan. They can also change over time - Cappadocians become a bloodline after Giovanni become a clan, then there are a few separate Bloodlines that they (may) diverge into.

Gehenna book - The Antidiluvians can control their brood only, but - it shows Malkav controlling more than the Malkavians and [Tzimesce] controlling more than just the Tzimesce through certain conditions I won't spoil. So it may be possible to be considered of another Clan.

Comment

There is always the option of joining the Baali, thanks to their power to Re-Embrace. Only negative, you become a Baali...

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                              You can be considered a Setite by the Setites if you drink the coolade, but it doesn't mystically change your clan.

Baali can change you to Baali (or in some versions, just a Baali Apostate where they give you their clan flaw but you don't get rid of the old one)
                              Panders apparently have a ritual for you to become Pander, but I don't know if that severs the link to the clan mystically.
                              Children of Osiris and Modern Ahrimanes can't embrace, can only convert.
                              Bloodlines can be created, they aren't technically of the Parent Clan. They can also change over time - Cappadocians become a bloodline after Giovanni become a clan, then there are a few separate Bloodlines that they (may) diverge into.

Gehenna book - The Antidiluvians can control their brood only, but - it shows Malkav controlling more than the Malkavians and [Tzimesce] controlling more than just the Tzimesce through certain conditions I won't spoil. So it may be possible to be considered of another Clan.
                              I own the Gehenna book, but that is a book full of a lot of "what-if's" designed to end the product line, not actual game canon.

The Panders ritual probably would turn you into a Caitiff, otherwise, what would be the point? A vinculum can take care of becoming besties with the rest of the Panders otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X