Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to Sire a Childe of another clan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so much "what if's" as "these are some of the true ideas we where going towards or building off of the whole time".

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
      Not so much "what if's" as "these are some of the true ideas we where going towards or building off of the whole time".

Sure they were building off of those ideas, but 4 different potential scenarios is not something absolute, especially given the incredibly different scopes of the 4 Gehennas.

Comment

There are several examples of non-matching sirings in the canon, but they're either errors or... Early game missteps, like the Toreador/Brujah dual-clan vampire. The answer is effectively no in terms of actual one clan siring another, but as you've found, there are workarounds.

Comment

I believe the first Brujah Clanbook mentioned that Brujah would sometimes adopt Caitiff. Whom they assumed were odds-on from Brujah stock anyway. In-character I expect Brujah and Caitiff can sometimes be hard to tell apart, with merits and flaws that affect the frenzy difficulties.

There was also a mention of Giovanni doing this, but I think it doubtful if they would have delivered on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trollroot View Post
            I believe the first Brujah Clanbook mentioned that Brujah would sometimes adopt Caitiff. Whom they assumed were odds-on from Brujah stock anyway. In-character I expect Brujah and Caitiff can sometimes be hard to tell apart, with merits and flaws that affect the frenzy difficulties.
            There was also a mention of Giovanni doing this, but I think it doubtful if they would have delivered on it.
            Anyone of Giovanni lineage (as a human) is a Giovanni for the clan. I would see anyone who was of the family and embraced by a different clan to be brought back into the fold (And the sire hunted down where possible) but they'd still have the disciplines/ weaknesses of the clan of embrace. The lineage is still the original clan, A Giovanni Sire didn't create a Brujah child

Comment

The closest thing I can think of to siring a childe of a different clan would be for one vampire to drain a vessel and another of a different clan to feed it, barring any one-off weirdness in the early days as mentioned above. That happened in a chronicle in which I played years ago.

As to the Giovanni adopting Caitiff, there's a book from Revised, I believe, that has among its fiction a story narrated by a Caitiff that had been "adopted" by the Giovanni in Las Vegas, along with his three coterie-mates, strung along with "one more job" situations to "bring them into the family", until one of them makes a serious mistake, gets staked out in the desert for the sun, and generally ruins everyone's chances of even potentially getting into a real clan. Moral of the story: the Giovanni probably don't actually adopt Caitiff, they just make them mooks, thugs, and fall guys.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

There always the weird thing that may happen if the Childe was protected with this Tremere ritual:

THE CURSE BELATED
                Warlocks normally reserve the casting of this
                ritual for a ghoul who is prized above all others, or one
                near and dear to a thaumaturge’s unbeating heart. By
                performing this ritual on a ghoul, the thaumaturge can
                all but guarantee his thrall’s chance of survival, for the
                moment the ghoul dies, the vampiric blood inside his
                body courses through his system and thereafter resurrects
                him as a full-fl edged vampire. The thaumaturge brands
                the ghoul with his sigil, which vanishes once the ghoul
                becomes one of the undead.

System: The thaumaturge, as part of the requirement
                of the ritual, will temporarily lose one permanent
                point from his blood pool. This is invested, instead, in
                the ghoul he wishes to safeguard. A second point of the
                thaumaturge’s blood must be fed to the ghoul, which
                remains in the ghoul’s body until he dies (the ghoul
                may not use it to power Disciplines, heal, etc.). Upon
                death, the inaccessible point of vitae will save the ghoul
                from Final Death and bring him back as a vampire of
                the same clan as the caster, usually after a short delay to
                allow the ghoul’s killers to depart. The temporary blood
                pool point returns to the thaumaturge after the ghoul
                becomes Kindred.

Comment

Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post
                  As to the Giovanni adopting Caitiff, there's a book from Revised, I believe, that has among its fiction a story narrated by a Caitiff that had been "adopted" by the Giovanni in Las Vegas, along with his three coterie-mates, strung along with "one more job" situations to "bring them into the family", until one of them makes a serious mistake, gets staked out in the desert for the sun, and generally ruins everyone's chances of even potentially getting into a real clan. Moral of the story: the Giovanni probably don't actually adopt Caitiff, they just make them mooks, thugs, and fall guys.
                  Yes, that is the story I was referencing. My impression was that the Giovanni was holding adoption out as the ultimate carrot that they were never intending to deliver. With the Brujah, I could believe that it would happen sometimes. The younger rabble.

Although the Giovanni in Vegas would be the Mob lot, the Putanesca I think. The other Giovanni do go on about how they've "prostituted" their gift. And I don't see why they'd specify well in advance they there would be a blood bond involved if they didn't intend to deliver. So I suppose it could be a local thing.

In any case, what this shows is that the idea of adopting a caitiff isn't totally unknown.

Comment

Gangrel are notorious for siring childer and then letting them fend for themselves. So the sire might be watching but not actually interfer, so he could stay invisible and you don't need an actual NPC for him

Comment

Recap: If you're looking for a clan stats-wise, then the only choices are Kiasyd(fae blood), Caitiff and Tremere through that weird ritual. If you mean to change clan post embrace, Baali and Children of Osiris(if playing pre 1997) are also possible.

If, on the other hand, you're talking socially, then whatever clan you want. Taking the relevant flaws as a caitiff and having pretty high manipulation would probably allow one to act accordingly. Well, maybe not tremere, as they would detrct it with A Taste of Blood.

Note: I did not include Panders because they are caitiff through ritual, and you can just start Caitiff. On Ahrimanes, aren't those a gangrel bloodline?

Comment

If you mean siring a Caitiff that eventually picks up characteristics of another clan by a constant infusion of that clan's vitae over a long, long, long period of time, then sure, a vampire can sire someone into another clan.

If you mean something like a Nosferatu siring a childe into a Toreador, then no. Not possible by any means.

The only ways to become another clan is through rituals or being embraced clanless and being adopted into a clan.

Comment

Working...
                        X