Loathsome regnant flaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loathsome regnant flaw

I just started in a new game and wanted not an easy life for my new character. So, I chose for her the loathsome regnant flaw! How do I roleplay it? I have roleplayed blood bound characters in previous games but in general the regnants treated me pretty decently and now I'm confused. How an abused thrall reacts when her regnant shows up just to torture her? She knows that every time she'll ask for blood he'll ask something nasty in return, so how often does she want to be fed? I'm thinking the correct way to go, is to justify his actions: "He treats me like that because I'm not good enough." "It's not his fault, it's mine", "I love him so I'll do everything he asks me and hope he'll change the way he treats me". I guess the "love" will turn into hatred eventually. How my character will react then? She will search for ways to break the blood bond? Or the addiction is so strong she wouldn't even think about it?

I've already posted about this on a topic about blood bond but I didn't get any answers. I figured it is kind of more specific so I created a new one. Hope it's ok

I'd definitely say play it as the typical abused relationship you envision it to be. I'd definitely make the regnant smug as all hell, someone who gets a sick pleasure out of having you wrapped around their finger. As a player, I'd say alternate between genuinely loathing the regnant, thinking you can fix the regnant, and trying to justify his behavior (the latter especially in the times immediately following interaction with him).

Comment

Alternatively, you could go the route of having the Regnant constantly inform your character of how shoddy their work is, even though everyone else would agree they did a good job.

Dramatic Example:

"Look, master! I got a B+ in school, today!"

"I've never heard of a good college that accepts B average students..."

*later*

"Look, master, I got an A this time!"

"Just an A? What, you were too lazy to earn that + score?"

*even later*

"Master, look! I got an A+!"

"What are you so proud for? It took you three tries to earn that!"
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 04-17-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Nyrufa

So you've met my family?

Comment

Originally posted by SandCarlyle View Post
          I'd definitely say play it as the typical abused relationship you envision it to be. I'd definitely make the regnant smug as all hell, someone who gets a sick pleasure out of having you wrapped around their finger. As a player, I'd say alternate between genuinely loathing the regnant, thinking you can fix the regnant, and trying to justify his behavior (the latter especially in the times immediately following interaction with him).
          Thanks for the answer. I think I'll go with the "abusive relationship" trope and the alternation between behaviors you suggested and see where it gets me!

Comment

Working...
          X