So should I pre-order V5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japheth View Post

I like BJD a lot. Did you or any of the other developers ever thought of maybe doing a chronological outline?
    We considered it, but given the era agnostic nature of V20 and my personal preferences regarding limiting groups' play to set years, we decided against. While I know a Storyteller can take any plot thread and set it at any time, there are plenty who see "2008" and say "well, it's 2018 now, so that material is useless / has already happened."

Matthew Dawkins
    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by Japheth View Post

Yeah, and the cost of shipping will be close to that price also. The distribution company (Modiphius) is based out of the UK, and the cost of shipping to the U.S. will be probably around $30.
      When I tried it was around 50 dollars in shipping.

Originally posted by Coridan View Post
      I wonder how the Australian fans are reacting to Americans complaining about the shipping costs

I gotten stuff from Australia before and it wasn't that insane on shipping. HELL I've gotten stuff from the UK and its not as bad as Modiphius has been on shipping. I've even seen UK people find the shipping prices unecssarily high. Its so high that ordering it through that German LGS shown up there would save me 50 bucks. They give a discount and charge only around 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

They never became extinct, though their numbers did reduce to that of a sizeable bloodline.
        What are they doing now that Gehenna is happening,or already happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          What are they doing now that Gehenna is happening,or already happened?
          If V5 plays close to BJD and continues the Ravnos plot thread there, it seems like they're gearing up for an internal civil war between Ravana, Hazimel and Chandraputa, and potentially finding their missing sister Marizhavashti.

Comment

I'm glad for this, my current chronicle is doing it's big series finale right now, a conclave in 2011 that's drawing a lot from the Schism chapter and bits from elsewhere in the BJD (and is heavily inspired by the Seinfeld finale, they're basically on trial for everything they've ever done in the chronicle that's spanned 5 years of real time and 11 years of game time).

I just wish I knew the state of things in V5 so I can make sure they look to go in that direction.

Comment

No, one should never ever buy preorder (unless rare case where the final product has been tested by self). First you never know what the final product will be like, second it's bad customer practice: it only encourage people to lie as much as possible on their marketing campaign and underhanded endorsements, instead on focusing work and money on the product itself.

Wait for something to be release, thoroughly read the reviews of independent non influenced buyers, and then decide.

Playing on French Online virtual tabletop rpg community.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky View Post
                Wait for something to be release, thoroughly read the reviews of independent non influenced buyers, and then decide.
                I can understand the sentiment.
                Though I do doubt that the concept of a "non-influenced buyer" exist.
                Those who bought the product are influenced by the expense they made.

You might as well take into consideration that everyone who is writing a review is under the influence of their expectations of the product prior to the purchase, personal interpretation and taste regarding the game as well as their personal motivation to bring their thoughts down to writing.

Comment

I was going to pre-order V5 but recent unexpected occurrences have made me put my money into more important things and I have to save up for my other goals in the year anyway, so sadly I will have to wait until August to buy V5.

As it is, NuWW's commitment to the metaplot and the new mechanics from the Alpha playtests do not have me in high spirits about this product, but I still want to support Mark Rein-Hagen and Matthew Dawkins. So I will be buying V5 when it is released to the general public.

Best case scenario, the finalized version of the new mechanics surprise me and I end up running my own campaigns using the V1 setting with the V5 rules.

Worst case scenario, I'll find someone else who might like it to give to as a gift, and I will have sent my support to two excellent game designers.

Comment

I have no interest in the metaplot or the new rules. Hopefully 2 things happen from this new relaunch.

They do reprints of the original books like AD&D did not too long ago since 1st edition were not well made, and the books actually end up for sale on Kindle so you don't have to read novels in PDF format.

Comment

Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post
                      I have no interest in the metaplot or the new rules. Hopefully 2 things happen from this new relaunch.

They do reprints of the original books like AD&D did not too long ago since 1st edition were not well made, and the books actually end up for sale on Kindle so you don't have to read novels in PDF format.

You can get earlier editions PODed

OP is the one putting Fiction on Kindle.

Comment

First edition core book kind of fell apart and is not print on demand that I saw.

Fantastic news on the novel front I'll go ahead and get the couple up and hope they keep coming. I didn't realize they started publishing kindle versions since the ones I had looked up were not on Kindle. Are they still adding Vampire novels? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post
                          First edition core book kind of fell apart and is not print on demand that I saw.

Fantastic news on the novel front I'll go ahead and get the couple up and hope they keep coming. I didn't realize they started publishing kindle versions since the ones I had looked up were not on Kindle. Are they still adding Vampire novels? I hope so.

I didn't see the print version wasn't offered for 1e, I assume they are adding what they can. I don't imagine 5e will have much effect either way.

Comment

Looking at the Beast Within did they ever say why they didn't reprint all the stories? I don't have a copy or a good enough memory to remember whats missing probably.

Comment

Working...
                            X