Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teylen
    replied
    The humanity had, if I remember correctly, some explicite statement that it was a work in progress.Beyond even being in an alpha playtest.
    Though given the setup I would imagine that it might be possible to shift touchstones from humans to either objects or imperative acts of actions/morality concepts.

Leave a comment:

• Murder-of-Crows
    replied
    I am not sure that Humanity from the Alpha has much to do with Humanity from V5 itself. The touchstones served a very specific purpose in the adventure (mainly forcing you to deal with the issue of the adventure). I agree that the mechanics as written show touchstones to be one huge weakness. As opposed to Requiem, where a touchstone also serves positive effects. I'll reserve judgement until I see V5 in all its glory. Even though, I think I am going to like it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    I agree on not being too happy about the possibility of removing the Paths of Enlightenment from the game. I don't care so much about the mechanics behind its functionality, as I do about what kind of impact it has on the role playing side of things.

It's kind of hard to make a believable antagonist faction if you force them to adhere to Humanity. Because at that point, you just have to sit back and let the enemy destroy itself.

Belial's Brood managed to compensate for this by having some kind of outside force be the source behind their continued survival, but it was still very disappointing that the only options were pretending to be a good person, or descend into mindless brutality.
    Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-04-2018, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied
    Yeah, I didn't like the Humanity version in the Alpha, for similar reasons (and some more) and the whole Touchstones thingy as the baseline. Touchstones is a good concept, for a background or merit, not for defining Humanity.

I'll wait for the final version of the Humanity system, until I decide. I sincerely hope it was just an idea they've toyed with, like 3 attributes, or that it got reimagined seriously since the Alpha.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Sluagh
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    Tell you what. They're still working on writing the Sabbat. How about you wait for the book to be done,then if you don't want to buy it,you ask someone if the forums if it's good and if it is then you buy it?
    Yeah, that's the plan. Just speaking my mind about what I can see so far. Otherwise, why is it there?
    Last edited by Mr. Sluagh; 05-04-2018, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Tell you what. They're still working on writing the Sabbat. How about you wait for the book to be done,then if you don't want to buy it,you ask someone if the forums if it's good and if it is then you buy it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X