Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clan Compulsions for Malkavian, Toreador, & Ventrue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan Compulsions for Malkavian, Toreador, & Ventrue?

So I’m attempting a playtest for V5 that doesn’t rely on Rusted Veins and the pregens. I realized that with the Disciplines we have, there was no reason to not allow the above 3 clans in addition to Nosferatu, Brujah, and Gangrel.

But, I did notice that I don’t have Compulsion options for those Clans. So I’m trying to come up with ideas, but I need to figure out the appropriate themes for these Clans.

Nosferatu become withdrawn and then lash out at beauty.

Gangrel start acting like animals.

Brujah get mad.

What do Toreador, Ventrue and Malkavian do?

There are some ideas:
    Ventrue: are compelled to dominate others or impose their wills upon them altternatively they become obsesed with their speccific vessels with can be punitive becuase that can reduce their herds
    Malkavian: Their madness evolves at high levels it even start to affect others with can be understood as the dementation discipline being something contagious
    Toreador: Become obsesed with beuty and social status with means you will critizice and try to destroy socially people when you get hungry.

By the way I am the only one who sees compulsions as some way to lock the players in to clan stereotypes?

I prefer to make clan weakness tied to the humanity rating (Becoming worst at low levels) and make hunger temporally decrease your humanity.It´s something that I see more gamechanging whitout having to stop using the vitae (I don´t like the hunger dices system).

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

Originally posted by CrackedMan View Post
      What do Toreador, Ventrue and Malkavian do?
      Off the top of my head.

​Toreador - Just as the inspired artist is utterly convinced of their genius and the quality of their own work, so is a toreador feeling their compulsion. They feel an unending need to elevate what ever they are interested in above the lesser forms of distraction that charlatans call "art". Down play all the pros of other art styles and hype the pros of the Toreadors interest. This works regardless if you are talking about paintings, music, forging a sword, or precision shooting.

​Ventrue - "Greed is Good". If you can make half a million dollars on a business deal, why can't you make a full million on the next? If you can own a private jet, why not a fleet of jets? If you can own influence over half of the senate, why not the entire thing? This is almost a functional hoarder mentality, except rather than accumulating pets or garbage, you accumulate power and favors. Citizen Kane's warehouse from the end of the movie, except for a Ventrue is should be more along the lines of the warehouse from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

​Malkavians - Everyone must know. When you understand something that some one else does not, there is a innate desire to tell them, if only to show your greater understanding. This is why it is so hard for many people to keep a secret or to know when to stop talking. The problem for a Malkavian is that while they might want to tell some one everything that they understand, they often forget to make sure everyone understands the same terms and ideas before going into lecture/rant mode. Thus they might tell a random Kine about the inner workings of the local court, but they forget to mention they are vampires or that they are talking about actual individuals, thus the somewhat confused Kine might just assume the Malkavian is just a really rabid fanboy of some new anime/tv series/book series etc.

Comment

Working...
      X