need to balance Brujah clan Disciplines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post

Our campaigns tend to run for years and players who go all out combat and want to play like a D&D dungeon crawl got weeded out long ago.
    Bruiser PC's work fine, so long as the player has a backstory and plot hooks that get them cooperating with PC's and not using El Smasho Superpower at every available opportunity. Even a murderhobo type character works, so long as they're playing a clan meant more for it and they have story hooks and a willingness to engage in the chronicle's story. Gangrel really are Murderhobo: the Clan. But yeah, twinking and not engaging in the actual story is generally no bueno.

I like to play bruisers on occasion, but when I do I play off-stereotype. It's more fun, and a bigger challenge to figure out ways to leverage non-combat disciplines for combat advantages, that way. But, I do that for social and mental characters too on occasion (ask me about the social Nosferatu I made with ECD Presence, nobody in my group is willing to let me play and for good reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post

All good, I've already decided to go with the 2 Disciplines Animalism and Presence with the 3 physical disciplines in clan for all. I was very tempted to go with the suggestion from Leandro to 2+1 physical of choice but it dosen't matter too much in my games. Our campaigns tend to run for years and players who go all out combat and want to play like a D&D dungeon crawl got weeded out long ago.
      Have you factored in that now all clans except the Brujah have one discipline that no one else has access to?

Comment

Working...
      X