Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VTM 1E) A Crossover of Vampire and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
    I'd love to have you on board!
    Now to remember what was around in 1992 when I was 16-17 years old (grade 11 was such an interesting year).

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post

Now to remember what was around in 1992 when I was 16-17 years old (grade 11 was such an interesting year).

I was born in 1993, so I'm just going on what I have read about those days or what I learned from my parents and uncle.

Comment

Are we using 1e mechanics as well as the setting,or are we using the most complete mechanics of future editions?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Are we using 1e mechanics as well as the setting,or are we using the most complete mechanics of future editions?

I was thinking of using V1's rules, but I am open to the idea of using the more accessible V20 rules with V1 fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post

I was thinking of using V1's rules, but I am open to the idea of using the more accessible V20 rules with V1 fluff.
            Using v20 rules would be more pratical i think,just to mend some things

Comment

1st ed mechanic had a few things that got lost over the years, especially how some discipline work, I wouldn't mind using those for nostalgia sakes.

Comment

It's your decision,i'm fine with both

Comment

I am leaning more towards 1e mechanics solely because I've been reading up on them more.

Comment

This is an awesome concept. While I'm not down to play, I'm totally interested in discussing it - I LOVE the purity of vision in 1st ed; hell the Chicago style leadership structure wasn't even a given, let alone how rigid it would get in Revised.

If I have one suggestion, it's to use the original system but remove variable target numbers + numbers of success as your success metric and go with a static target of 7 and difficulty being an increase in the number of successes needed (ie the Aeonverse style), it's the smoothest way to run things,

Comment

Originally posted by nunboi View Post
                      This is an awesome concept. While I'm not down to play, I'm totally interested in discussing it - I LOVE the purity of vision in 1st ed; hell the Chicago style leadership structure wasn't even a given, let alone how rigid it would get in Revised.

If I have one suggestion, it's to use the original system but remove variable target numbers + numbers of success as your success metric and go with a static target of 7 and difficulty being an increase in the number of successes needed (ie the Aeonverse style), it's the smoothest way to run things,

I could totally work with that modification to the rules.

Comment

Oh also, some years back there was a great deep dive into the 1st ed setting, via it's By Night's book, over on the rpg.net forums. If you're looking for ideas or a great read, I'd def check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by nunboi View Post
                          Oh also, some years back there was a great deep dive into the 1st ed setting, via it's By Night's book, over on the rpg.net forums. If you're looking for ideas or a great read, I'd def check it out.

I've read that thread, it is awesome. If I remember correctly, it's "Let's Read Chicago By Night" and it was awesome.

One of the few good things to come out of RPG.net in a long time.

Comment

That's the one! I tried to do the Montreal thread but life ruined that

Comment

1992... the year I discovered Masquerade in a shop on... Corrine Drive, I think it was... in Orlando, when I was on vacation in America. They'd just published the second edition. Within three months of getting it I'd hoovered up every Masquerade supplement I could lay my hands on - there were still RPG stores in Southampton back then.

I prefer V20 as a rule set because of things like the Gangrel and Tremere weaknesses, but I much prefer the 1st/2nd edition setting. This sounds very interesting! Are you going to issue character creation guidelines, apart from the 7-core-clans etc?

Comment

Originally posted by JezMiller View Post
                                1992... the year I discovered Masquerade in a shop on... Corrine Drive, I think it was... in Orlando, when I was on vacation in America. They'd just published the second edition. Within three months of getting it I'd hoovered up every Masquerade supplement I could lay my hands on - there were still RPG stores in Southampton back then.

I prefer V20 as a rule set because of things like the Gangrel and Tremere weaknesses, but I much prefer the 1st/2nd edition setting. This sounds very interesting! Are you going to issue character creation guidelines, apart from the 7-core-clans etc?

I'm just going to keep the players limited to the core seven clans and have them be Neonates (they cannot be embraced prior to 1950) but otherwise allow for unique concepts even if they don't fit the conventional clan stereotypes.

Comment

Working...
                                X