Nagaraja and diablerie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagaraja and diablerie

I can't find a section in any of the books that dictate how nagaraja diablerize. I was thinking it would still have to drink, but do they need to do anything extra? Are there any sources for it as well because house rules.

Like everyone else.

Feeding restrictions don't come into play when drinking supernatural blood. (Like Nagaraja and Ventrue)
    One version of Nagaraja require them to consume (Flesh Points) as well for nightly activities. Wouldn't change that either.

Comment

Nothing extra as written or even implied. Their need to devour flesh is a wasting weakness, eating flesh undoes this wasting. No reason I would think that their rules for Diablerie vary at all.

Comment

Yeah, the whole point of the Nagaraja weakness is them needing to consume a certain amount of flesh a night. That doesn't preclude them from also drinking blood like a regular vampire. They just have an extra dietary requirement. A Nagaraja can Diablerize someone just as readily as any other.

Comment

kewlimp

If for some reason you wanta Nagaraja npc to need to eat the flesh of a vampire to drink their blood, it should be pretty simple to work up a homebrew merit or flaw to do that. As a flaw, it would mean they need to physically consume the flesh of the victim as they perform the diablerie, thus requiring extra time. As a merit, it might mean they cannot be fed vampire blood against their will unless they are fed it as bloodsoaked vampire flesh. The latter may just be a version of the Unbondable merit which adds a rare instance in which they can be bound.

Comment

If I were ST'ing, I would amp it up to eleven. People play nagaraja to eat meat, I say let them. Make them consume the Vampire whole. Rip the skin from their flesh, flesh from bone, and crack open the bones for marrow. Make it visceral, gruesome. Consume them until there is nothing left, neither body nor soul. After all, isn't that what Diablerie is supposed to be: ingesting everything the person was?

Remember the golden rule: story before mechanics. If a Nagaraja wants to diablerize, let them tell a story with it. A gruesome, bloody, crunching story that will haunt players for weeks to come.

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

Prior to V20, I'd have called into question whether Nagaraja were actually capable of diablerizing vampires of other bloodlines, as they didn't seem to operate under the Curse of Caine at all. (Not an issue with the new clarifications on how the bloodline originated, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                kewlimp

If for some reason you wanta Nagaraja npc to need to eat the flesh of a vampire to drink their blood, it should be pretty simple to work up a homebrew merit or flaw to do that. As a flaw, it would mean they need to physically consume the flesh of the victim as they perform the diablerie, thus requiring extra time. As a merit, it might mean they cannot be fed vampire blood against their will unless they are fed it as bloodsoaked vampire flesh. The latter may just be a version of the Unbondable merit which adds a rare instance in which they can be bound.
                In Lore of the Bloodlines, the narrator for the Nagaraja chapter says that some rumours about the Nagaraja paint them as cannibals who eat other Kindred as a way of inflicting final death. Her reaction implies that this is something she just considers distasteful, like eating rotten food.

Nagaraja eat human flesh, to acquire Vitae, and they can also acquire Vitae from blood like all Kindred. Diablerie works normally for them. If a Nagaraja were to bite a chunk out of a Vampire, it would turn to ash in their mouth.

Comment

"Hey! Stop eating my hand!"

Uses Dominate. "I'm not eating your hand. Someone else is."

"Hmm, I wonder who. Why is your face covered in ash?"

Uses Dominate. "No reason."

Uses Dominate.

"My, God! Now my foot has gone missing!"

Uses Dominate. "Yeah. Chomp-chomp. It's a... burp... real mystery. I suspect the Tremere."

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                    "Hey! Stop eating my hand!"

Uses Dominate. "I'm not eating your hand. Someone else is."

"Hmm, I wonder who. Why is your face covered in ash?"

Uses Dominate. "No reason."

Uses Dominate.

"My, God! Now my foot has gone missing!"

Uses Dominate. "Yeah. Chomp-chomp. It's a... burp... real mystery. I suspect the Tremere."
                    Thats pretty close to the original pitch for the character. In tiajanna mexico, they are hundreds or more people who are missing parts of their legs or arms because the Ankle Biter. Now that he is back in the states, he's having to store fresh meat again. What the ST and I agreed to is he has to eat 10% of the vampire's flesh and their heart. Because of the intent, he's able to consume what he eats from another vampire. It's super gory and if he does it, he can't just walk out into the street as his face is covered in blood.

Comment

Working...
                    X