Setites and Blood Magick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setites and Blood Magick

So I am thinking of making my first Follower of Set and I've noticed their Clan Disciplines are listed as:

Obfuscate, Serpentis, Presence (basic loadout)
    Potence, Serptentis, Presence (for the warriors)

How does the Setite Thaumaturgy work into that? Is it a Clan Discipline for what is layed out in their Revised Clanbook? Do you pay costs in or out of clan?

All forms of Setite sorcery are bought at Out Of Clan costs*, and are treated as a coveted power that's traded and taught rarely. In other words, it's less likely to find any Setite caste or bloodline with members that possess their brand of magic as commonly as the Giovanni or Tremere, who are usually expected to be educated in their respective crafts. Instead, these types of magic are learned by a few through devotion and proper practice of the cultural and religious underpinnings of Akhu, Wanga, Nahuallotl or Sadhana, which is a theme throughout the magic of the clan.

Religion first, razzle dazzle second.

Pass the collection plate.

*Unless the character belongs to the Witches of Echidna bloodline, which has their preferred sorcery as in-clan.
    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 06-04-2018, 04:14 PM.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." - Clive Barker, The Books of Blood

Comment

Until Dark Age 20 retconned it and made Witches of Ekidna a thing. :P

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

One thing to point out it that any Setite can learn Setite Sorcery, even those of other clans who've converted to faith in Set. The Setite Initiate Merit in Lore of the Clans specifies that those who were embraced in other clans but converted to the Setite religion have access to Serpentis and Setite Sorcery (though they pay Out of Clan costs for both).

Comment

Originally posted by Cynic01 View Post
          One thing to point out it that any Setite can learn Setite Sorcery, even those of other clans who've converted to faith in Set. The Setite Initiate Merit in Lore of the Clans specifies that those who were embraced in other clans but converted to the Setite religion have access to Serpentis and Setite Sorcery (though they pay Out of Clan costs for both).
          Any vampire period can learn Setite Sorcery. Setite Initiates merely have a willing teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post

Any vampire period can learn Setite Sorcery. Setite Initiates merely have a willing teacher.
            Any vampire can learn any discipline. But having a teacher isn't a small feat. It merely divides the blood sorcerers from the wannabes.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Foll...tchesofechidna

Witches were a thing in the Dark ages. But their Bloodline weakness is crippling. In Modern, you just have it as out of clan; after you prove your devotion (as many above have mentioned)

I don't think that it'd be super rare; most Settites that wanted to learn it and had an aptitude for Sorcery could, if they were devout.
              But having an aptitude isn't something that has rules to it; I think all PCs have the possibility by the nature of being PCs, but only limited NPCs; 7+ willpower and Occult 3+
              The fact is that Settites will share the tools to their followers that will help with their goal.

Comment

You just pay for it Out of Clan, yeah. As was noted, only the Dark Ages Witches of Echidna had it in clan and they went extinct.

Comment

You can also just buy the Additional Discipline merit and have it in-clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    Until Dark Age 20 retconned it and made Witches of Ekidna a thing. :P
                    To be fair I believe they're extinct in the modern nights.

Comment

in one of the old books (it might be as old as first edition) it does say that path of corruption (i think) can be learned inately and as a in-clan discipline. however, that is obviously very old material and should not be taken as gospel in these enlightened times.

Libellus sanguinis 3 - Wolves at the door expands somewhat on settite sorcerey on page 104, through, again, thats old material.

settites (as far as i am aware) have 3 lines just like Assamites and salubri, namely, the 'warriors' the 'priests' and 'the witches' however, in modern times both the witches and warriors are almost non existant.
                      The witches, being sorceres, have the following in-clan disciplines however: Animalism, Presence and Settite Sorcery. This is from V20 Dark ages so it is pretty modern.

Comment

Working...
                      X