Classic Vampire: the Masquerade (1991 - 2017) Facebook group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Vampire: the Masquerade (1991 - 2017) Facebook group

Facebook community for those that will stick to familiar versions of Vampire: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1823749454335156/

• PMárk
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    I am debating joining but I'm wondering if the point is talking about a game I like or shitting on V5?

Because my love of 1st edition is WHY I love V5.

I don't have time to join a hater list.
    Didn't see much V5 hate threads in the first group. Oh, it comes up, occassionally, sure, but mostly, people just talk bout the classic stuff and VtM in general. Sharing artworks, ST's Vault projects, character ideas, stories, that kind of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Vamps Like Us
    replied
    I am thinking about joining after the forum here was so much fun and then died out for me with all the fifth edition stuff. Now I need to make a face book I suppose even though I oppose that kind of stuff (social media in general)

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    I am debating joining but I'm wondering if the point is talking about a game I like or shitting on V5?

Theres no talk about V5, talk about 1st Ed all you like.

Leave a comment:

• thebiglarpnerd
    replied

They just don't talk about V5 at all.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malkavian87
    replied
    I recently also started a group for World of Darkness historical settings in general: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoDhistorical/

Leave a comment:

• Malkavian87
    replied
    Originally posted by Teylen View Post
    Just wondering, do you feel like being a member off the group and really looking forward towards V5, likely going to play and support it alot, are two mutually exclusive things?
    If so, I would have to leave. As I am very much looking forward to V5. Though that doesn't mean that I started hating V20 gut or stuff like this.
    You'll notice that zero percent of the group's content is about hating V5. It's all about loving the V:tM that was, never mind to what extent.

Leave a comment:

• Teylen
    replied
    Originally posted by Malkavian87 View Post
    Facebook community for those that will stick to familiar versions of Vampire: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1823749454335156/
    Just wondering, do you feel like being a member off the group and really looking forward towards V5, likely going to play and support it alot, are two mutually exclusive things?
    If so, I would have to leave. As I am very much looking forward to V5. Though that doesn't mean that I started hating V20 gut or stuff like this.

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    It's going well, over a 160 members now.
    I happily count myself among your ranks.
    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 07-10-2018, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied
    I suspect, after V5's debut, it'll be even larger than even you would have expected.

Leave a comment:

• Malkavian87
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Illithid
    replied
    Originally posted by Blitzburger View Post
    I daresay much of the greatness of the Sopranos was lost on you, if you're running Vampire like that without Humanity.
    You can roleplay the emotions and character development without a mechanic behind it, after all Humans don't have a beast and Can't fall into Wassail

Leave a comment:

• Blitzburger
    replied
    Originally posted by Camilla View Post
    or "The Sopranos with Fangs".
    I daresay much of the greatness of the Sopranos was lost on you, if you're running Vampire like that without Humanity.

Leave a comment:

• Camilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post
    Camilla

I usually agree with you, I'm not sure if dropping humanity works, but you have me going through it. I'm assuming you still use virtues to avoid frenzy? You've got me trying to figure out if Humanity can just be ignored with virtues just doing double duty. I think the biggest problem is how the different levels of sin were written.

What changes when you forgo the Humanity stat? length of torpor (set by age?), How many dice during the day(by generation in reverse,maybe losing a die for every gen above 13th?), how many dice interacting with humans(make normal, possibly combined virtue ratings?). Powers target humanity/path sometimes, switch to willpower? I feel like Humanity just needs a rewrite, but you have me thinking about it. Vampires tend to find the 3ish range (personally I'd stay higher, but in a vampire game sometimes people need killin) eventually in my games so I always thought paths were the only real way to go as a vampire.

I find the slam "path of what I would do anyway" silly as long as your finding a structure. You'll naturally drift to the path you agree with the most.

I guess virtues would still be subject to degeneration, I suppose it could be balanced out to remove it and simply have virtues be the bench mark for behavior. I'm gonna think about this for awhile, so thanks for the mental exercise.

I generally use virtues to avoid frenzy, and otherwise ignore the moral degeneration aspect of the game, except in Dark Ages, as I prefer the Roads in that game as opposed to the Paths and Humanity in the main game.

Never was a fan of "personal horror" as a concept, I always preferred mystery, political intrigue, and yes, even modern action-adventure in my Vampire games.

I always run Masquerade as less "Personal Horror" and more "Black Lagoon with Fangs" or "The Sopranos with Fangs".
    Last edited by Camilla; 06-20-2018, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X