This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 new preview is out!!!

Finally White Wolf released a new preview of V5.

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/stor...204/V5_Preview

Enjoy!!!

Excellent! Clear my day, I can binge watch American Gods next week.

Comment

The Learned Clan is Back motherfuckers! And theyll kick you right into the tushy!

Comment

Hardestadt and Pieterzoon are dead. Shit went down.

When I saw there was a section for Fashion, my initial reaction was... dubious, honestly, but after reading it, I actually enjoyed it.

Still not sold on the art direction, though. I mean, there's no visual consistency in the clan layouts even.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzburger View Post
          Hardestadt and Pieterzoon are dead. Shit went down.

When I saw there was a section for Fashion, my initial reaction was... dubious, honestly, but after reading it, I actually enjoyed it.

Still not sold on the art direction, though. I mean, there's no visual consistency in the clan layouts even.
          Do you have any strong opionion on Carmelita Neilson's speech aabout her Clan?

Comment

I think that the Make your own moral code and the desires system it´s a good idea becuase it will help to make more realistic and interesting characters.Another good thing that i found it´s the fact that the core shows different archetypes of a clan instead of one stereotype.

Now about celerity I like the fact that they made It have different levels and nerfed it becuase celerity was to much powerful but they have gone to far with the nerf and I don´t like that.The diferent levels should have been something more impresive. I would like to read the others thoughts about this change.

Pd Still don´t like the rouse the blood meachanic I prefer the vitae pool system.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              Do you have any strong opionion on Carmelita Neilson's speech aabout her Clan?
              Strong opinions? Not really. I've long seen Toreador as more than just an art club, hot chicks, and nightclub owners, so I like her character concept, and not having the traditional concepts not baked right in. But at the same time, if I was the elder she just woke, though, I'd think she was kind of talking down to me. I mean, who is this child telling me what our clan is about?

Comment

Strong opinions? Not really. I've long seen Toreador as more than just an art club, hot chicks, and nightclub owners, so I like her character concept, and not having the traditional concepts not baked right in. But at the same time, if I was the elder she just woke, though, I'd think she was kind of talking down to me. I mean, who is this child telling me what our clan is about?
                Oh man you're right,that was kinda nonsensical

Comment

I loved the report in the beginning (but I'm a sucker for in game stuff like that). Also, first mention of the Ravnos.

Ortam + Malkavia makes a Requiem fun.
                  Posts in this colour are Persuasion.
                  Posts in this colour are Seduction.
                  Posts in this colour are Intimidation.

Comment

Originally posted by solomon birch View Post
                    I loved the report in the beginning (but I'm a sucker for in game stuff like that). Also, first mention of the Ravnos.
                    Spoilers: I'm not surprised,buy a bit saddned,Their near destruction still remains. But i'm loving the idea there's someone out there with Zapathasura blood

Comment

never mind, I misread the wiki entry
                      Last edited by Vamps Like Us; 06-28-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Does that cover make it look like an Ascension supplement to anyone else? No judgment, it just looks like that to me. Weird.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." - Clive Barker, The Books of Blood

Comment

Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
                          Now about celerity I like the fact that they made It have different levels and nerfed it becuase celerity was to much powerful but they have gone to far with the nerf and I don´t like that.The diferent levels should have been something more impresive. I would like to read the others thoughts about this change.
                          I personally like mooooost entries in that Celerity lineup, really. Passive-automatic perfect balance on even the smallest of ledges and edges. You can still add it to non-combat Dex rolls, you can use it once in a combat turn to add to a defense/dodge roll, you can use it to instantly attack somebody *50 yards away* and there are options to do attacks with it that *can't be dodged*. Among things.

Sorry, but some of those things are damn powerful. I really suggest re-reading it
                          Is it always-add-it-to-every-combat-dex-roll or do-celerity-amounts-of-actions powerful? No, but that's what was so broken about it before.

However:
                          One entry that I reeeally didn't quite like was the one about it allowing you to literally run across water and up walls (Celerity 3). Dozens of yards and floors worth of it.
                          That entry just feels waaaaaaaay too much like how every modern schlocky action vampire series or movie shows vamps off because it's a cheap-to-do special effect. I cringed when I read that. For some reason, in my mind, it collides with the 'You are the tragic monster' atmosphere they are going for so HARD. I know, it seems weird in view of all the other stuff that disciplines allow you to do, but...I can't help it.

Thanks, Hollywood.
                          Last edited by Ambrosia; 06-28-2018, 05:53 PM.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                          cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                          EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                            One entry that I reeeally didn't quite like was the one about it allowing you to literally run across water and up walls (Celerity 3).

Thanks, Hollywood.
                            Idem that should be an elder level , normal celerity levels should only allow great parkour feats (Even greater with potence)

My point was that even when there are things that are fine and I even used in some games like for example the dodging bullets and ignoring defense in close combat there are some levels that i feel could have been more powerful or interesting without getting in the Uber-Celerity rules from the previous games.

Thanks for your answer.

PD:Something worth of mention is the fact that each level of celerity has 2 entries and I wonder if that would be extrapolable to other disciplines becuase it has to much potential.

Comment

Hardestadt and Pieterzoon are dead.
                              That was what Tyler thought, and we all know how that went...

Comment

Working...
                              X