Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't the GGs of popular myth* supposed to be pro-right? Why would they, of all people, lose their shit over 14/88, rather than their horseshoe neighbors?

Not everyone who is a moron on the internet is a GGer, shitposting outrage-garnering troll behavior is not the sole purview of the right, as aplty demonstrated by the latest(?) knickers-in-a-twist incident.

Assuming that one's enemy is a monolithic mass of Other is perhaps not the best strategy.

*which is not to say that GGers don't exist, or that the majority of the late acquisition hangers-on who also bother to shitpost are not leaning right, if for no other reason then to "farm liberal tears". But as stated, their perception as a monolithic hivemind is quite wrong.

Edit2: As I don't want to add even more noise, but

Use.
    The.
    PM.
    Function.

By the blood of Caine....
    Last edited by Herbert_West; 07-12-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

If this is what you think people think is happening, you both have a poor understanding of how these sort of groups work and grasping what people are getting at. Which is just surprising, given your context.[/sarcasm]

The thing about the people who make up GG, Sad Puppies, a good base of the people who are screaming about "SJW cucks" on White Wolf's facebook page-they were always there. A lot of the people who popped up with the surgeance of GamerGate were not new to the arguments they were making, but instead people who already had an axe to grind-and that didn't go away once GamerGate became a somewhat tired reference. The same is true of those tentpole characters and communities that did spring up as a result of the cresting of GamerGate's influence-they lost the mask, but the cults of personalities and the people at the center of them remained, and have just latched onto new tags and identifiers to keep up their own shit flinging.

This isn't to suggest a concerted conspiracy, but rather that communities and people of influence on the internet are tenaciously persistent in their views, and that any flag will do for a "war" for them. THey wear movements like masks and discard them just as easily, keeping their core problems in tact while movie from spot to spot. Look across the Star Wars Boycotts, the most vitriolic V5 supporters, the old GamerGaters, the Sad Puppies and more, and you find a trend of repeating faces.

THese are a group of idiot harrassers on the internet. The problem is that you are associating the costume with the actor and denying the perpetuity of assholes as a result.

So, in short, Camilla, you pay too much attention to the surface and not enough to the substance, which is. Well, not surprising, given your long standing way of viewing things.

Well, I was trying to stay out of this thread but was that personal insult really necessary?

Let's just agree to disagree on this particular issue and just agree that doxxing is bad no matter who does it or what their motive is.

Originally posted by Herbert_West View Post
      Aren't the GGs of popular myth supposed to be pro-right? Why would they, of all people, lose their shit over 14/88, rather than their horseshoe neighbors?

Not everyone who is a moron on the internet is a GGer, shitposting outrage-garnering troll behavior is not the sole purview of the right, as aplty demonstrated by the latest(?) knickers-in-a-twist incident.

Assuming that one's enemy is a monolithic mass of Other is perhaps not the best strategy.
      This guy gets it.
      Last edited by Camilla; 07-12-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post

Well, I was trying to stay out of this thread but was that personal insult really necessary?

Let's just agree to disagree on this particular issue and just agree that doxxing is bad no matter who does it or what their motive is.
        I will not agree to disagree and this is exactly my point.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

I will not agree to disagree and this is exactly my point.

Good Lord, you're acting like I support GamerGate, which I don't. I even stated as such in my previous post.

In fact, back in 2014-2015 when GG was making headlines, I decided to stay out of the debate completely and just live my life in peace.

Doxxing is never okay, no matter who does it. Right or Left, it is a violation of privacy and an invitation to criminal behavior (and in some cases, is criminal behavior in and of itself)

Comment

Good Lord, you're acting like I support GamerGate, which I don't. I even stated as such in my previous post.

In fact, back in 2014-2015 when GG was making headlines, I decided to stay out of the debate completely and just live my life in peace.

Doxxing is never okay, no matter who does it. Right or Left, it is a violation of privacy and an invitation to criminal behavior (and in some cases, is criminal behavior in and of itself)
            I don't think you support GamerGate. I think you prefer to ignore anything challenging that diminshes the fun you're having and insist that people leave you to do that, and then keep mentioning this approach on repeat until we go nuts.

You've been doing this for years. I think I can at least comment on your failings after having to deal with it for that long, particularly since I hope, like I do every other time, you'll get the hint and maybe grow as a conversant on these subjects, or at least learn when to really hold back. I also hope that you will develop some critical analysis skills.

I wish I could say I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that time has come and gone.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

I don't think you support GamerGate. I think you prefer to ignore anything challenging that diminshes the fun you're having and insist that people leave you to do that, and then keep mentioning this approach on repeat until we go nuts.

You've been doing this for years. I think I can at least comment on your failings after having to deal with it for that long, particularly since I hope, like I do every other time, you'll get the hint and maybe grow as a conversant on these subjects, or at least learn when to really hold back. I also hope that you will develop some critical analysis skills.

I wish I could say I'm sorry if that bothers you, but that time has come and gone.

But what does that have to do with me being opposed to doxxing?

If you're talking about the way I play World of Darkness games, I've cut back on that rhetoric somewhat (though admittedly, not completely).

In fact, while I have been bad about it in the past, now I only bring it up when it's actually germane to the discussion such as when discussing setting hacks or why I won't buy V5. Though I could definitely improve on that habit some more and try to be more productive.

I just took a stance against doxxing and said that any fears regarding GG does not justify illegal activity. Maybe I was too blunt or didn't word things properly, but the point I am trying to make is that doxxing is wrong, regardless of whether or not you think GamerGate is still relevant.

Comment

But what does that have to do with me being opposed to doxxing?

If you're talking about the way I play World of Darkness games, I've cut back on that rhetoric somewhat (though admittedly, not completely).

In fact, while I have been bad about it in the past, now I only bring it up when it's actually germane to the discussion such as when discussing setting hacks or why I won't buy V5. Though I could definitely improve on that habit some more and try to be more productive.

I just took a stance against doxxing and said that any fears regarding GG does not justify illegal activity. Maybe I was too blunt or didn't word things properly, but the point I am trying to make is that doxxing is wrong, regardless of whether or not you think GamerGate is still relevant.
                Should we really need to continue this conversation, I propose we either take it to PM or to the General Discussion.

But as for cutting on the Rhetoric. Dude. You got called out for doing the same shit, like, three pages ago.

Either way, I've said what I've needed, but if you want to continue, as above.

Comment

Should we really need to continue this conversation, I propose we either take it to PM or to the General Discussion.

But as for cutting on the Rhetoric. Dude. You got called out for doing the same shit, like, three pages ago.

Either way, I've said what I've needed, but if you want to continue, as above.

I sent you a PM.
                  Last edited by Camilla; 07-12-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Deleted because Camilla actually raised a number of valid points and I have no need to regurgitate what has already been said.
                    Last edited by Fat Larry; 07-12-2018, 07:54 PM.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post

There is a small but incredibly vocal group who have the same feeling for all the dark stuff that 1920's prohibitionists had for alcohol and Victorians had about sex. The "moral panics" of which you speak are not actually much of a panic for most of the country. Most of us have a lot more tempered feelings about these things, or will take time to do the research.
                      Oh, right, the prohibitions! That's also a good example. I just can't imagine that going down in any country that's not a hardliner authoriter regime.

Othrewise agree. The victorian parallel is a good catch.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
                        Returning to the original theme of the threat becuase I don´t care at all about what all those haters say.

What do people think about Bane Severity?
                        Altrough I am completelity against Hunger Dices and I think V5 may not be for me, evolutionary clan weakness is something I houseruled long ago to happen if your humanity/self control is too low so Im fine with it
                        That was one of the few new concepts I actually liked in VtR 2e.

And what about compulsions?
                        I don´t like the idea becuase on one hand they limit the posibilities of roleplaying on the other hand they reinforce the bestial side of the vampire so I am thinking of the posibility of an optional system without HD mechanics where clans get a compulsion that could be resisted by rolling WP at diff 6 maybe 8 like for example giving the territorial flaw to the tzimisce clan if the one who enters in their haven is uninvited.Idoubt i will implement this but I find the discussion interesting.Thoughts?
                        I... think I commented on this a few pages back... Generally, I like the idea of the Beast manifesting in different ways and in minor ways in comparison to frenzy. I even like the idea of clan-compulsions, but they need extra care in handling, because they have a serious danger of enforcing stereotypes, or, rather, making playing against those quite hard, which isn't favorable.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

• So to pull this back towards a better topic, I was discussing with a friend V5 and she brought up the movie Ultraviolet. While not a good movie, it could be used for some inspiration for Second Inquisition scenarios and NPCs for V5. What other types of media would you look at to pull inspiration for the new factions/groups in V5?

Comment

• Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
                            So to pull this back towards a better topic, I was discussing with a friend V5 and she brought up the movie Ultraviolet. While not a good movie, it could be used for some inspiration for Second Inquisition scenarios and NPCs for V5. What other types of media would you look at to pull inspiration for the new factions/groups in V5?
                            The Vampire Diaries vampires have the Toreador Look,the savagery is an Gangrel and the connection to their causes of the Brujah

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                              The Vampire Diaries vampires have the Toreador Look,the savagery is an Gangrel and the connection to their causes of the Brujah
                              I haven't watched TVD but I have watched The Originals. The Originals compares really well to a mixed Autarkis Elder and Anarch ancilla/neonate game.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post

I haven't watched TVD but I have watched The Originals. The Originals compares really well to a mixed Autarkis Elder and Anarch ancilla/neonate game.
                                Yes. Klaus might be handsome as he'll,but he is such an gangrel

Comment

Working...
                                X