Looking for a Partner in a Storytellers Vault Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Partner in a Storytellers Vault Project

Hello all. I just had an idea. One of my favorite book of V20 is the Ready-Made Characters. And i wanted to do someting similar for the storyteller's vault. Now,all modesty aside, i consider myself a great writer for someone my age. But i don't know anything about editing books for the Vault. I need someone who know how to edit books for the storytellers vault to teach me how to make a great book,i'm afraid i can't pay you for the kindness,but if any you guys could teach me,i could get you half of the money i get selling the book on sv!
    What i need exactly is someone who knows how to make books for the Vault that look official,how to edit pages,how to create a cover,which fonts to use etc...
    Can anyone help?

I think that most of what you need in terms of template, fonts etc are available at the storytellers vault as well as guidelines and some rules.
    In terms of edititing and viewing your work with a critical eye, that i can't help you with unfortunetly.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
      I think that most of what you need in terms of template, fonts etc are available at the storytellers vault as well as guidelines and some rules.
      In terms of edititing and viewing your work with a critical eye, that i can't help you with unfortunetly.
      I'm really trying to understand the templates and guidelines,i've downloaded them already,but i can't seem to get it right,my last work was kinda terrible. Despite the character i crated being very good, I couldn't even put the title in the cover,i didn't learn how to do it

Comment

What are you using to do the editing?

I use Word. I found that the templates needed some tweaking, but I was able to get the titles and so forth in place without too much difficulty. This is the cover of the SV project which I'm presently working on, created using Word and then saved to pdf:-

https://1drv.ms/b/s!At_zakhUA8QFo1u8ULzuzFKIXsPE

I'm loaded down with overtime at the moment so I can't promise a quick turnaround, but I'll take a look if you tell me what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by JezMiller View Post
          What are you using to do the editing?

I use Word. I found that the templates needed some tweaking, but I was able to get the titles and so forth in place without too much difficulty. This is the cover of the SV project which I'm presently working on, created using Word and then saved to pdf:-

https://1drv.ms/b/s!At_zakhUA8QFo1u8ULzuzFKIXsPE

I'm loaded down with overtime at the moment so I can't promise a quick turnaround, but I'll take a look if you tell me what you need.
          Now THAT'S what i'm talk about! seriously great work. i'll send it you what i have so far.

Comment

Have you tried asking on the Storyteller's Vault Facebook? Most of the contributors hang out there, I am sure there are people who can help you.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Originally posted by Jackob View Post
              Have you tried asking on the Storyteller's Vault Facebook? Most of the contributors hang out there, I am sure there are people who can help you.
              i'll try that,right now Jeremy Miller is giving me great help. thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                i'll try that,right now Jeremy Miller is giving me great help. thanks for the suggestion!

Glad it was useful. Did you have any problems with the prototype document so far?

Comment

Originally posted by JezMiller View Post

Glad it was useful. Did you have any problems with the prototype document so far?
                  Jeremy,hi. i kinda had gave up back in july,it was out of frustation,but now i'm ready to try again. could you message me about a project?

Comment

Working...
                  X