Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryoga84 View Post
    If I remember correctly

1- they should remain in their graves, but they can move around while sitting, trying to dodge

2- Unless used as official contest, often is leaved to the individual choice, but using a coffin lid not made of wood is considered bad form and chance are you will not be invited again, for a lot of time, in the local Grave War circles. This fact is often a problem, as there're always local and regional tournaments going on and you risk to lose your position and your points, as your "expulsion" will be considered a forfeit.
    You forgot the Khropulski Variation, a controversial technique in which one uses the coffin lid to dig furiously while back filling the soil over the shoulder, thereby moving the grave into a better position without technically leaving the grave.

Officially, it wasn't a legal move until the All-European Finals in '73, and even then the judges' decision was split.

It's fair play at the amateur level, but remains controversial in the premiere league.

And, apologies in advance for the massive flame-war the mere mention of this strategy always brings up on GrabKriegHead forums, but Gurkhal did ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post
      Thank you, good sire. This has cleared up some things for me as I hold the modest ambition of joining the local Grave War cricle and don't want to make some kind of grevious mistake in my first match.
      Usually there's a Wraith scorekeeper that you'll find near every major cemetery (but only those with graves, loculi aren't good for playing Grave War), just leave him your name with a telephone number or mail with an obolus or two, and the local Grave War commitee will contact you in some nights. By the way, don't come in your best suit, some Samedi have the strangest ideas about not vacating the playing field before a match.

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
      You forgot the Khropulski Variation, a controversial technique in which one uses the coffin lid to dig furiously while back filling the soil over the shoulder, thereby moving the grave into a better position without technically leaving the grave.

Officially, it wasn't a legal move until the All-European Finals in '73, and even then the judges' decision was split.

It's fair play at the amateur level, but remains controversial in the premiere league.

And, apologies in advance for the massive flame-war the mere mention of this strategy always brings up on GrabKriegHead forums, but Gurkhal did ask.
      Damn, you bring up the Khropulski Variation now? Do you remember what happened the last time, right?
      When Richard Rottenheart of the Samedi used it the last time with Junius Rosselini, he reacted with the Ambrogino Addition, actually breaking the tombstone and sticking it on top of his lid.
      At the end of the damn night we had 23 necromancers in torpor and the prince of Dresda asking us why his mundane mother -dead six century ago- was in his haven try to clean it sparkly.

====================================
      "Worst English-language User" 2011-2015, 2017 running for the 2018

Comment

By Charon's Oar!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoga84 View Post
          At the end of the damn night we had 23 necromancers in torpor and the prince of Dresda asking us why his mundane mother -dead six century ago- was in his haven try to clean it sparkly.
          Yes, shame that. Had they been destroyed outright they could have played the second half.

Comment

True, but that's their fault when they shifted the rules of the night from a common Genina Flush to the Caias Team Battle.
            Some kindred should read carefully the rules before trying to play like pro, just because you have.a skeleton doing your laundry it doesn't mean you are automatically a good Graver.

====================================
            "Worst English-language User" 2011-2015, 2017 running for the 2018

Comment

This is starting to remind me of the insanity of the modifiers of Dragon Poker from Asprin's MythAdventures books...
              Last edited by Ambrosia; 07-24-2018, 02:59 PM.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
              cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
              EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

Comment

What happens if I want to alight at Tottenham Court Road and switch to the Central Line, bypassing Ruislip?

/Book of the Grave-Mornington Crescent

Matthew Dawkins
                In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                  What happens if I want to alight at Tottenham Court Road and switch to the Central Line, bypassing Ruislip?

/Book of the Grave-Mornington Crescent
                  You can't.

The Northern Line of the Midnight Express always floods with the slightest Tempest. The Council really should sort out the drainage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

You can't.

The Northern Line of the Midnight Express always floods with the slightest Tempest. The Council really should sort out the drainage.
                    Psah, Northern Line.

You should see all the future furnace-fodder crowding the Central Line. So damned numb from their drudgery an honest Wraith can't even spook themselves up a seat. I tell you, it was a lot better when we had to crawl through the sewer tunnels. Sure, the plasm stank, but to look at these glum faces, Oblivion might have claimed them already.

:continues muttering about the good old days while squeezed between a gaggle of Kings students:

Comment

Originally posted by Nazfool View Post
                      It’s a manual that details the ancient undead tradition of Grave War. It’s primarily practiced by Samedi, Cappadocians, some Giovanni, Risen, and the occasional pandimensional Forsaken.
                      Two contestants arm themselves with coffin lids and sit in adjacent graves. They touch coffin lids and chant “One two three four, I declare Grave War!” After the chant, each contestant tries to beat the other senseless with their coffin lid.

This reminds me of a game in our anarch's campaign: Choppa' Duel.
                      Choppa' Duel (pronounced with the strongest Arnold Schwarzenegger accent you can muster), is a game where you joust, but on motorcycles instead of horses, and your lances are giant stakes and you are trying to stake your opponent. It requires splitting die pools (or celerity) to drive and attack at the same time, and both rolls suffer whatever other penalties you think are fair (moving target, awkward two handed weapon in one hand, drunk, distracting crowd, ect.)
                      Surprisingly challenging but fun.

Comment

Title of the book in German would be far better as "Das Buch des Grabkrieges", in written German the Genitive still rules such naming cases, back in MHD even more! "Das Buch vom Grabkrieg" is equally correct, but clearly modern High German, especially older books use the genitive a lot more often than in modern times. But even if the genitive case in spoken German is mostly gone, good written German still requires use of the Genitive.
                        On the other hand if this book was written canonicallly by a Malk, "Des Grabkrieges Buch" might be a useful translation as well. Grammatically still correct, it is a less used variant and might fit a Malkavian write style more.
                        Last edited by Günther; 11-02-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X