V5 Character sheet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Character sheet?

Hey everyone...question. I had someone send me a tweet about the V5 character sheet:

https://twitter.com/Bubba_Tweets/sta...20566246912001

Is that the sheet that is in the book?

Edit: I decided to do my own version of the sheet. I posted a link on page 3, but thought I'd edit this post and add it here, just make it a bit easier for people to get.

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pd...nteractive.pdf
    Last edited by Mr Gone; 07-31-2018, 11:00 PM. Reason: adding link to my sheet

MrGone's Character Sheets
    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Yes,that's the sheet from the book. I've already done my own version of the sheet that will probably be available sometime around August 2. Is your email that I had years ago still valid? Then I can send you my version of the sheet (hope that won't get me into trouble with WWE). Honestly, I had hoped that they would have thought to ask you to do a sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
      Hey everyone...question. I had someone send me a tweet about the V5 character sheet:

https://twitter.com/Bubba_Tweets/sta...20566246912001

Is that the sheet that is in the book?
      It reminds me of the Fading Suns Revised character sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
        Yes,that's the sheet from the book.
        Wow...that makes me kind of sad. VtM sheets have always seemed kind of iconic to me, and this just looks like almost no thought went into it.

I've already done my own version of the sheet that will probably be available sometime around August 2. Is your email that I had years ago still valid? Then I can send you my version of the sheet (hope that won't get me into trouble with WWE). Honestly, I had hoped that they would have thought to ask you to do a sheet.
        Yea, sadly no one has spoken to me about it. Ah well. We'll see what I can do. Though, if I do work on one, I might put it exclusively on the ST Vault and charge for it. I mean, if WW isn't even gonna try to make it look good I should at least get a little money for fixing it. But, we'll see how it goes...not sure if that would go over well with people or not.

Oh! Also, my email is: mrgonejediknight (@) gmail.com

Thanks for being willing to let me check what you've done with the sheet.

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
        It reminds me of the Fading Suns Revised character sheet.
        I'll have to look at that. It reminds me a playtesting sheet...one that should have gotten some polish..

Comment

Wow...that makes me kind of sad. VtM sheets have always seemed kind of iconic to me, and this just looks like almost no thought went into it.

Yea, sadly no one has spoken to me about it. Ah well. We'll see what I can do. Though, if I do work on one, I might put it exclusively on the ST Vault and charge for it. I mean, if WW isn't even gonna try to make it look good I should at least get a little money for fixing it. But, we'll see how it goes...not sure if that would go over well with people or not.

Oh! Also, my email is: mrgonejediknight (@) gmail.com

Thanks for being willing to let me check what you've done with the sheet.

I'll have to look at that. It reminds me a playtesting sheet...one that should have gotten some polish..
          The FSRev one was pretty poor too. Then they reissued a slightly jazzed up one in later printings. It's still dull, dull, dull.

Here was their first attempt: https://www.scribd.com/doc/283855741...haracter-Sheet
          Last edited by adambeyoncelowe; 07-29-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

So....looking at that sheet, I have a few questions, if people don't mind trying to answer.

The discipline section? Word is you can create your own levels of disciplines and what the extra lines are for? If so...that seems more fitting for an add-on sheet for an expanded sheet, not the main sheet. Or do you think you'd need that spelled out on the main sheet? Thoughts?

Skills are no longer divided into categories?

No dots for Willpower or Humanity?

Whats resonance and how it is recorded on the sheet?

No backgrounds, Merits and flaws, other traits or anything any more?

Comment

The FSRev one was pretty poor too. Then they reissued a slightly jazzed up one later printings. It's still dull, dull, dull.

Here was their first attempt: https://www.scribd.com/doc/283855741...haracter-Sheet
              Oh yea...that is pretty plain. I've seen sheets in a similar minimalist style before...but yea, I like a little more jazz to a character sheet. I mean, it's the players main window into the game, if the sheet looks boring then in a small way people might think the game is boring.

Comment

So....looking at that sheet, I have a few questions, if people don't mind trying to answer.

The discipline section? Word is you can create your own levels of disciplines and what the extra lines are for? If so...that seems more fitting for an add-on sheet for an expanded sheet, not the main sheet. Or do you think you'd need that spelled out on the main sheet? Thoughts?

Willpower and Humanity now take aggravated and normal 'damage'. Aggravated damage is equivalent to a lost dot. So no dots.

Resonance is the flavour of the blood you drink, based on the four humours (sanguine, melancholic, etc) plus 'animal' for drinking from animals. You get bonuses based on the flavour.

That's all I know so far!

Comment

Willpower and Humanity now take aggravated and normal 'damage'. Aggravated damage is equivalent to a lost dot. So no dots.
                  Interesting... well, sadly means those probably won't be interactive fields...ah well.

Resonance is the flavour of the blood you drink, based on the four humours (sanguine, melancholic, etc) plus 'animal' for drinking from animals. You get bonuses based on the flavour.
                  So they'll be writing in a word in that blank then?

That's all I know so far!
                  Thanks for the help thus far! I appreciate it.

Comment

For each dot you have in a discipline, you record which power you have selected at that level. Some levels have more than one power available, and you could also choose to learn a power from a lower level in place of the ones granted by your current level. But each dot has in the end one power assigned. That needs to go on the sheet.

Yes, they are. Physical, social, mental, just like the attributes

Nope. You leave the available Willpower blank, just like you do for Health. For Humanity mark the boxes you actually have. Stains go in the free boxes.

Resonance is provided by blood. You simply write it down in the blank provided.

They are on the back of the sheet.

Regarding Desire: That one shouldn't even go down on the sheet. It's too short-term At least that's what the section on Desire says.

Regarding putting it up on the Vault: so far V5 content may not be put up on the Vault.

Comment

Can't argue with that. It's just... Eh, I don't even have the energy to be upset about it, or anything regarding V5. It's just sad. Seriously, what could be the possible reason for THIS instead of something like the old sheets?????

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

For each dot you have in a discipline, you record which power you have selected at that level. Some levels have more than one power available, and you could also choose to learn a power from a lower level in place of the ones granted by your current level. But each dot has in the end one power assigned. That needs to go on the sheet.
                        Hmm...just seems weird. We might need to cook up a better way to keep track that.

Yes, they are. Physical, social, mental, just like the attributes
                        I wondered, since the section headers are missing from the skills section on the sheet.

Nope. You leave the available Willpower blank, just like you do for Health. For Humanity mark the boxes you actually have. Stains go in the free boxes.
                        Interesting...

Resonance is provided by blood. You simply write it down in the blank provided.
                        Ok, thanks.

They are on the back of the sheet.
                        Oh...I didn't know there was a 2nd page...

Regarding Desire: That one shouldn't even go down on the sheet. It's too short-term At least that's what the section on Desire says.
                        Ok. Not sure what that is(I haven't been reading the V5 stuff, guess I should have), but that's cool. Thanks for the info.

Regarding putting it up on the Vault: so far V5 content may not be put up on the Vault.
                        At least not yet... But I'm sure it will be eventually.

But yea, that's a good point..... well, we'll see what I do with it then in the mean time...
                        Last edited by Mr Gone; 07-29-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I thought I'm really missing the wrought iron cemetery gate borders from the pages of the book, because that was iconic too. But it's nothing compared to how this sheet just looks plain wrong like this, after the old ones.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Originally posted by PMárk View Post
                            Can't argue with that. It's just... Eh, I don't even have the energy to be upset about it, or anything regarding V5. It's just sad. Seriously, what could be the possible reason for THIS instead of something like the old sheets?????
                            Originally posted by PMárk View Post
                            I thought I'm really missing the wrought iron cemetery gate borders from the pages of the book, because that was iconic too. But it's nothing compared to how this sheet just looks plain wrong like this, after the old ones.
                            I know! Vampire has always had such great page borders. It's sad to see this be so plain. Hell, they could have just used one of the old borders and I'd have been fine with it.

Honestly, and I hate to say this, it depresses me a little bit and makes me think that if they didn't care about it enough to put any effort into making it look good then why should I? I mean, I'm gonna do it because the fans deserve something good, but still.

Comment

There is just about NOTHING that I've like about V5 so far, but this character sheet strikes me as elegant and well-laid-out. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X