Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V5 Character sheet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Looks like WW decided to just make some tables in a word document and called it a day.I wish that were fake news but I don´t have any hope in V5 and they kept deceiving me

    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    So....looking at that sheet, I have a few questions, if people don't mind trying to answer.

    The discipline section? Word is you can create your own levels of disciplines and what the extra lines are for? If so...that seems more fitting for an add-on sheet for an expanded sheet, not the main sheet. Or do you think you'd need that spelled out on the main sheet? Thoughts?
    I think that space is there to write what the disciplines do like hipnosis etc... becuase there doesn´t seem to be enought space to write new levels I also think that the book would allow you to create your own elder level disciplines becuase it doesnt take too much space in the book to say hey you can do that and people are gonna do that and more homebrews seeing how well recived are being the new rules.Also they said they are gonna support themselves in licensed books plus whatever people sells on storytellers vault.

    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    Skills are no longer divided into categories?
    In the pre-alpha rules they were divided in categories but the character sheet didn´t mention them.So my especulation is that skill categories are gonna stay but the character sheet isn´t gonna reference that.

    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    No dots for Willpower or Humanity?
    Humanity and willpower stay but works in a different way now you take stains in humanity if you fail to act acording to the cronicle tenets and too many stains makes your humanity decrease.The number of stains is reduced if you do that acting acording to a convintion that is tied to a touchstone that must be a human representing that conviction.

    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    Whats resonance and how it is recorded on the sheet?
    I am not sure but I tjhunk it´s a buff you get by drinking certain type of food.

    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    No backgrounds, Merits and flaws, other traits or anything any more?
    The pre-alpha had them and the preview showed knowledge of the lore as some short of background with dots but again all the character sheets we have seen doesn´t aknowledges them wich is lame.I belive that they will stay even if the sheets doesnt portrait that so all

    That said I hope you do your magick with the new sheets and I also want to thank you becuase I used your sheets for my firsts sessions of World of Darkness roleplaying and they are great.


    Hunger pool

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Legendre View Post
      There is just about NOTHING that I've like about V5 so far, but this character sheet strikes me as elegant and well-laid-out. I like it.
      Really? Well, I'm glad you like it.

      It just seems kind of plain and boring to me, compared to the VtM sheets we've gotten in previous editions. Plus there are few things on it that are setting off my OCD.


      MrGone's Character Sheets
      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
      _________________________________
      Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
      Support me on Patreon! Click Here

      Comment


      • #18
        Not everyone needs crazy art and borders and stuff. An easy to print character sheet that doesn't require a lot of effort to mess with, or won't destroy the page with the ink density (hello some of the people who make full-color sheets and expect them to be printed) is fine. It gets the information across, and is easily accessible, and that's really all that's needed.

        As far as the Discipline section... they're pretty big spaces. It doesn't really need a new way to do it. Fill in a dot for the level of Discipline. Write the name of the power you bought at that level. Easy peasy.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          Looks like WW decided to just make some tables in a word document and called it a day.I wish that were fake news but I don´t have any hope in V5 and they kept deceiving me
          Yea! A word doc...that's exactly what I thought.


          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          I think that space is there to write what the disciplines do like hipnosis etc... becuase there doesn´t seem to be enought space to write new levels I also think that the book would allow you to create your own elder level disciplines becuase it doesnt take too much space in the book to say hey you can do that and people are gonna do that and more homebrews seeing how well recived are being the new rules.Also they said they are gonna support themselves in licensed books plus whatever people sells on storytellers vault.
          Yea...I'm not sure. From some of the previous posts, it sounds like at each level you can create new powers for that level(or mix and match?), so you have to use the lines to write what those are? It's explained better in a previous post...

          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          In the pre-alpha rules they were divided in categories but the character sheet didn´t mention them.So my especulation is that skill categories are gonna stay but the character sheet isn´t gonna reference that.
          They're listed above the attributes, and my understanding is the skills are divided that way as well. I'll definitely be listing them above the skills on my version.

          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          Humanity and willpower stay but works in a different way now you take stains in humanity if you fail to act acording to the cronicle tenets and too many stains makes your humanity decrease.The number of stains is reduced if you do that acting acording to a convintion that is tied to a touchstone that must be a human representing that conviction.
          Interesting...thanks for the info.

          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          I am not sure but I think it´s a buff you get by drinking certain type of food.
          That seems to be the case, from what I'm hearing..

          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          The pre-alpha had them and the preview showed knowledge of the lore as some short of background with dots but again all the character sheets we have seen doesn´t aknowledges them wich is lame.I belive that they will stay even if the sheets doesnt portrait that so all
          Yea, I hear they had those. I didn't know there was a second page when I asked about it...lol.

          Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
          That said I hope you do your magick with the new sheets and I also want to thank you becuase I used your sheets for my firsts sessions of World of Darkness roleplaying and they are great.
          Awww...you're very welcome! I appreciate you putting my sheets too good use!


          MrGone's Character Sheets
          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
          _________________________________
          Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
          Support me on Patreon! Click Here

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
            Not everyone needs crazy art and borders and stuff. An easy to print character sheet that doesn't require a lot of effort to mess with, or won't destroy the page with the ink density (hello some of the people who make full-color sheets and expect them to be printed) is fine. It gets the information across, and is easily accessible, and that's really all that's needed.
            I agree...and I can understand. But it's not for me.

            I like a good balance between form and function. I don't want it to be crazy, but I want it to look good. See every previous sheet for Vampire the Masquerade. They aren't crazy with the graphics, but it has just a nice touch of art to show some thought went into it.

            But hey, to each his own...

            Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
            As far as the Discipline section... they're pretty big spaces. It doesn't really need a new way to do it. Fill in a dot for the level of Discipline. Write the name of the power you bought at that level. Easy peasy.
            I'm just thinking I don't like the word doc table look to it. I'll do something nice and lined, with maybe numbers next to the lines so you know which lines goes with which level.


            MrGone's Character Sheets
            For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
            _________________________________
            Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
            Support me on Patreon! Click Here

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
              I like a good balance between form and function. I don't want it to be crazy, but I want it to look good. See every previous sheet for Vampire the Masquerade. They aren't crazy with the graphics, but it has just a nice touch of art to show some thought went into it.
              Agree. It's not like the old sheet had some kind off vibrant full-color picture as a background... They were elegant and enhanced the mood.



              If nothing worked, then let's think!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by PMárk View Post
                Agree. It's not like the old sheet had some kind off vibrant full-color picture as a background... They were elegant and enhanced the mood.
                Thanks! Glad you agree. Yea, the old VtM sheets were great. Usually pretty simple, but just enough style that went perfectly with the game.

                Not sure if the V5 book has any interesting borders to use, so I may end up just having to go old school and use one of the previous borders.


                MrGone's Character Sheets
                For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                _________________________________
                Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                Support me on Patreon! Click Here

                Comment


                • #23
                  Okay, I'm not one of the folks that are deep into criticizing V5, but...wow. WOW.
                  I expected a sheet that simply does a very plain aesthletic, no fancyness , etc.
                  But....*that*...that thing behind the first post's link is...I did not expect it to be that much on the level of "Let's quickly slap a sheet together".


                  cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                  cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                  EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    After you get used to the Numenera character sheet everything looks bad in comparison :P

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                      Okay, I'm not one of the folks that are deep into criticizing V5, but...wow. WOW.
                      I expected a sheet that simply does a very plain aesthletic, no fancyness , etc.
                      But....*that*...that thing behind the first post's link is...I did not expect it to be that much on the level of "Let's quickly slap a sheet together".
                      I know, right?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                        Okay, I'm not one of the folks that are deep into criticizing V5, but...wow. WOW.
                        I expected a sheet that simply does a very plain aesthletic, no fancyness , etc.
                        But....*that*...that thing behind the first post's link is...I did not expect it to be that much on the level of "Let's quickly slap a sheet together".
                        I know.... I definitely didn't expect that sheet...

                        Originally posted by Godforsaken View Post
                        After you get used to the Numenera character sheet everything looks bad in comparison :P
                        Ha!


                        MrGone's Character Sheets
                        For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                        _________________________________
                        Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                        Support me on Patreon! Click Here

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          You have got to be effing kidding me. All along I've thought maybe it just looked like amateur hour with this book.

                          They couldn't even be bothered to properly alphabetize Larceny and Melee?

                          It's like when a precocious child in grade six has a great idea for a term paper, but waits until the last minute to actually do it. Sloppy, sloppy work.

                          And the border looks like MSPaint, circa 1994.

                          Oh, and thank you, @MrGone for all you've done through the years for this hobby. It is very much appreciated! I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the quality of sheets you create. They are of professional quality and deserve to be paid for.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

                            And the border looks like MSPaint, circa 1994.
                            WoD had better sheets with better borders in 1994...

                            I just can1t wrap my head around it. Was it literally a thing they threw together 5 minutes before sending the book to print? I really don't want to see a contempt/disregard toward the old stuff and/or tabletop gaming in it, but it's hard.


                            If nothing worked, then let's think!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I know....it's crazy to me. I mean, there are people who like it...but it's definitely not for me. Glad I'm not alone...


                              Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                              Oh, and thank you, @MrGone for all you've done through the years for this hobby. It is very much appreciated! I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the quality of sheets you create. They are of professional quality and deserve to be paid for.
                              Aww...thank you very much. I really appreciate hearing that.



                              MrGone's Character Sheets
                              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                              _________________________________
                              Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                              Support me on Patreon! Click Here

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Also...I have my version of the sheet ready. You can download it here:

                                http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pd...nteractive.pdf

                                This might change a bit once the book is out, but I wanted to get something ready for people to use at Gen Con. Hopefully you like how it turned out. I went with a classic style, and used the V20 border(which I love).

                                Should it need any work, I'll do it after Gen Con.

                                Enjoy!!


                                Thanks to Murder-of-Crows for the assist in making this sheet and for putting up with lots of questions!
                                Last edited by Mr Gone; 08-01-2018, 07:30 AM.


                                MrGone's Character Sheets
                                For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                                _________________________________
                                Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                                Support me on Patreon! Click Here

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X