No announcement yet.

V5 Character sheet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Gone do you do sheets for homebrew stuff? I had an idea for an extra sheet for V20 where all of the Vampiric curses (burning in sunlight, red fear, frenzy, problems with eating/drinking, clan/bloodline curse) are given space, with Severity rating from 1-5.

So the first space would have an empty name for the name of the clan weakness, and a space where you can write down a quick summary of the rules for it, and Severity rating from 1 to 5.

The other spaces would have the words written in already. Weakness to Sunlight, Red Fear, Frenzy, Food to ash and water to brine... and the exact starting values may vary. 14th generation has a severity of 2 for sunlight, not 3, and 15th has a severity of 1, for example. Everyone else has a severity of 3 unless they're an Elder PC/NPC, in which case it may be higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
      Mr Gone do you do sheets for homebrew stuff? I had an idea for an extra sheet for V20 where all of the Vampiric curses (burning in sunlight, red fear, frenzy, problems with eating/drinking, clan/bloodline curse) are given space, with Severity rating from 1-5.

So the first space would have an empty name for the name of the clan weakness, and a space where you can write down a quick summary of the rules for it, and Severity rating from 1 to 5.

The other spaces would have the words written in already. Weakness to Sunlight, Red Fear, Frenzy, Food to ash and water to brine... and the exact starting values may vary. 14th generation has a severity of 2 for sunlight, not 3, and 15th has a severity of 1, for example. Everyone else has a severity of 3 unless they're an Elder PC/NPC, in which case it may be higher.
      Hi! Yea, sometimes I take requests. So this is kind of like an add-on sheet? I can add it to my to-do list.

If you wouldn't mind, send me an email to mrgonejediknight (@) gmail.com with the request and it'll help me keep better track of it.

Thanks!

MrGone's Character Sheets
      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• Hi!

First of all I am glad to know a reference in the WoD! And by reference I mean that I have seen some of your work actually referenced in storyteller's vault community suplements, like the sheet on questions to make a solid character. Great work!

About V5, I am still reading it and there's some stuff that I don't like, such as fixing age and generation at character creation or the way dice rolls work, and some other stuff I really enjoy, like the new hunger system that makes hunger and its associated anxiety much more present.The same with the edition. As an example, it is cool to have 8 character drawings of each clan. It would been cooler though if those didn't represent the same archetype. Overall it seems they tried to simplify things for newcomers, and they went too far away.

But this thread is about the sheets and here are my two cents:

In the 4th character sheet, where you were discussing to add Haven, Domain and Coterie related stuff, I would like to point that not only Domains but Havens have their own Advantages, with flaws and merits. They have things like dreadful or haunted house, library of occult, escape ways, guards, security system, luxurious equipment and so on. It was about a dozen or so list. Here, unlike other backgrounds, I don't think expanding would be useful. The description of the haven should be good enough to describe it and mention what it has.

This could complicate things though, specially if we are considering distinctions between personal and communal havens, and where they should go. Having character's Advantages on the top and Haven's at the bottom? I don't know how are you making the coterie page, so you'll know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strangelove View Post
          Hi!

First of all I am glad to know a reference in the WoD! And by reference I mean that I have seen some of your work actually referenced in storyteller's vault community suplements, like the sheet on questions to make a solid character. Great work!
          Thank you! I'm glad to hear you're liking the sheets!

Originally posted by Strangelove View Post
          About V5, I am still reading it and there's some stuff that I don't like, such as fixing age and generation at character creation or the way dice rolls work, and some other stuff I really enjoy, like the new hunger system that makes hunger and its associated anxiety much more present.The same with the edition. As an example, it is cool to have 8 character drawings of each clan. It would been cooler though if those didn't represent the same archetype. Overall it seems they tried to simplify things for newcomers, and they went too far away.
          Yea, as with most new editions, I think there are probably things people really like about them, and things they don't care for. I haven't actually had a chance to read through the book just yet, only skimmed. I'm not sure I'm digging the art direction of the book...but, it could be that I just don't read modern RPG books these days, so maybe I'm just not used to a new style.

Originally posted by Strangelove View Post
          But this thread is about the sheets and here are my two cents:

In the 4th character sheet, where you were discussing to add Haven, Domain and Coterie related stuff, I would like to point that not only Domains but Havens have their own Advantages, with flaws and merits. They have things like dreadful or haunted house, library of occult, escape ways, guards, security system, luxurious equipment and so on. It was about a dozen or so list. Here, unlike other backgrounds, I don't think expanding would be useful. The description of the haven should be good enough to describe it and mention what it has.

This could complicate things though, specially if we are considering distinctions between personal and communal havens, and where they should go. Having character's Advantages on the top and Haven's at the bottom? I don't know how are you making the coterie page, so you'll know better.
          Yea, I saw that were some extra advantages when it comes to havens, and I took that into account with the 2 page sheet update I'm doing. There is a small section to include some of those. Granted, it's just a small section, but should be ok as far as a 2 page sheet goes. Though there isn't a description section per se, just a line to write where it is. I'll of course add some more room for all of that for the expanded 4 page sheet...which I have some ideas for. So, hopefully y'all like it when you see it...

For the 2 page sheet, there is that Notes section, so at least there is some room to write some extra info if need be.

Comment

• Oh, Also! Just thought I'd let you know I made a little tweak to the Vampire V5 sheets. Per some discussions here, I moved the Hunting line from page 2 to page 1. I also removed a few Weapons lines and made some room for a small Haven section on page 2. Hope you like the update!

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/vtm5thed.html

Comment

• My first thought concerning an interactive sheet was "I wonder if Mr.Gone is still working his magic?" Sure enough, you didn't disappoint. I've always used your sheets, and I'm thrilled that you've taken the foray into making a 5th Edition sheet. I do have a minor request, it's carving out a place on the sheet you made or adding an expanded history page that allows the inclusion of a photo. Thank you for all your wonderful sheets over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
                My first thought concerning an interactive sheet was "I wonder if Mr.Gone is still working his magic?" Sure enough, you didn't disappoint. I've always used your sheets, and I'm thrilled that you've taken the foray into making a 5th Edition sheet.
                Awww....thanks! I'm glad you've been using the sheets for so long...and I'm glad you liked how these have turned out so far.

Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
                I do have a minor request, it's carving out a place on the sheet you made or adding an expanded history page that allows the inclusion of a photo.
                It's funny, years ago I played around with a type of form field called a button, that allowed you to select a picture. But, it only appeared to work for people who had Acrobat pro, so I never fully implemented that field. But, when I was working on the Lore sheets I had someone tell me that option would work in Acrobat Reader now, so I included it in the lore sheets.

I'm thinking for the 4 page sheet I'll include it in the bio section(kind of like the old vampire sheets character sketch section). Sound ok?

Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
                Thank you for all your wonderful sheets over the years.
                You're very welcome! Always glad to help.

Comment

• Oh...just so y'all know, I updated the sheets again. I added more health and willpower and added some drop down menus in a few places.

Comment

• Hi again everyone! Thought I'd let you know I now have 4 page sheets for V5! Just so you know, instead of a separate expanded backgrounds section(like the old VtM sheets), there is now a backgrounds section set up much like the way that Disciplines are, so you record the background and then have room to add the expanded info for it. It also has a slightly expanded Haven section.

I also created a Coterie/Domain add-on sheet!

I really hope y'all like how these turned out. It's possible these could change slightly if I see anything that might need an improvement. But, I wanted to get these out there for y'all to start using.

Special thanks to Red Eye for letting me bounce some ideas off of him.

You can download them at my site: http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/vtm5thed.html
                    Last edited by Mr Gone; 09-02-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Awesome. The four pages rock for detailing the PCs contacts, etc. Thank you so much!

Comment

• Was fun sorting these out with you, thanks very much for that. As I said before, fantastic work! And just in time for me to make use of all of them for my V5 game, too.

-Red
                        V20 Content: Age & Potency
                        V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor
                        Community & Project Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
                          Awesome. The four pages rock for detailing the PCs contacts, etc. Thank you so much!
                          You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear you like how it turned out!

Originally posted by Red Eye View Post
                          Was fun sorting these out with you, thanks very much for that. As I said before, fantastic work! And just in time for me to make use of all of them for my V5 game, too.
                          Oh cool! Well, we got it out just in time then!

And yea, it was great working on these with you, so I appreciate the help!

Comment

• Just so y'all know, I updated the V5 sheets to include the Lasombra and their Discipline in the clan and discipline drop down menus.
                            Last edited by Mr Gone; 12-25-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X