No announcement yet.

Chicago Sourcebook coming to V5 by Onyx Path

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty open to where they want to take it really. Will be interesting regardless. That said, I'm most excited about getting the Lasombra because it is another of the "Big 13" back in action on an official capacity.

That and the added perspective it should give us of where things really are at with some of the major plot developments going on like the Beckoning, SI, etc.

-Red
    V20 Content: Age & Potency
    V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor
    Community & Project Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      SO, guys....

What do YOU want to see in Chicago by Night?

Which characters do you want to see updated and how?
      That's a cool question, so I'm going to do my selfish wishlist.

1. The Chantry. With Nicolai out of the picture, there may well be a split between DuSable and Erichtho. He's a traditionalist. If Erichtho is aware of the power of the Book of the Grave War, she's going to seek out Carna. I think this could be fascinating.

2. Menele. With Helena beckoned, what next for him?

3. Bronwyn. Looking forward to seeing how the Circulatory System develops in the city. So many plot hooks here.

4. The new Prince. After Peterson abdicated, who came next? Slightly odd that the Prince thread isn't a higher priority for me!

5. Succubus. What next for the club? I hope that the original is restored and that it's not fully mobile. I think this is hinted in Helena's Loresheet.

6. Malkavians. I never really used them in the city as I found them a little stereotypical (I only used Johann, Son, Raymond). With Son's promotion and Bronwyn's interests there's great opportunities here.

7. On a larger scale, I'm really curious about the new interactions between Camarilla, Anarchs, Sabbat and others. I'm especially interested in the thin bloods, Caitiff and Lasombra.

8. Maldavis. Such opportunities for her!

9. Other characters. Really looking forward to seeing how things have developed for my favourite characters - Modius, Annabelle, Critias, Rosa, Sovereign, Dickie.

Comment

Beckett's Jhyad Diary mentions Kevin Jackson was the Prince.

So how did he lose power?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          Beckett's Jhyad Diary mentions Kevin Jackson was the Prince.

So how did he lose power?
          If I remember it right, BJD don't saythat Jackson is prince, but (Rebekah, ex-Monitor.... btw, what happened to her?) something along the lines of "If I have to bet on someone, I would put my money on Jackson"

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Originally posted by SalamanDer View Post

If I remember it right, BJD don't saythat Jackson is prince, but (Rebekah, ex-Monitor.... btw, what happened to her?) something along the lines of "If I have to bet on someone, I would put my money on Jackson"
            The Giovanni also says the last Cadbrini Green high rise is the haven of the new Prince.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I assume that the Princedom was something like Maxwell -> Lodin -> (gap) -> Jackson -> Peterson based on BJD. Obviously, that raises the question about what happened to Jackson as he doesn't seem the type to go gently.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
                I assume that the Princedom was something like Maxwell -> Lodin -> (gap) -> Jackson -> Peterson based on BJD. Obviously, that raises the question about what happened to Jackson as he doesn't seem the type to go gently.

He already had some childer infiltrated in the Free States even in 1st edition. Maybe he decided he could get more breathing room and inflluence there with all the upheavals than playing to the Primogen's tune?

Comment

The names and gap are right, the order is slightly wrong.

Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Lodin - Peterson - Jackson - (gap) - Maxwell?

Comment

Jackson might have gone full Anarch because he'd do much better as their leader-leader (who is his competition since Salvador turned traitor?) than a Camarilla puppet.

Comment

Maxwell - Lodin - Jackson - (gap) - Peterson - Maxwell - Lodin

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                          The names and gap are right, the order is slightly wrong.
                          Peterson then Jackson?

That would be interesting.

Comment

Does anybody know the specific date of the Kickstart launch?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                              Does anybody know the specific date of the Kickstart launch?
                              Aside from "October 2018"? Nope.

Comment

Apparently they have to wait for WW to sign off on the text...and apparently the October thing is a best guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X