• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pram
    started a topic Loresheets?

Loresheets?

Hey Forumites!

Anyone know how we can get blanc Loresheets?

Mr Gone? Where is your amazing awesomness talents?

It would be awesome sauce if we could get our hands on extra sheets like Relationship Maps and Loresheets.

Thank you for reading

• elmerg
    replied
    Originally posted by Draconis View Post

I believe the devs have clarified that the "one loresheet only" rule only applies to chargen. You can pick up dots from other loresheets in play if it's applicable: for example you might start out with High Clan Background, but later on join the Cult of Shalim, and have powers from both.

But yeah, a Loresheet is an aspect of the metaplot represented by five different Advantages, one at each dot level. You can pick and choose which ones to purchase based on what makes sense to your character: a Descendant of Helena might have the ability to trace their lineage all the way back, giving them +1 Toréador Status once per session (one-dot benefit), and a talent for looking innocent when they're actually guilty, giving them +2 to all social rolls to not get blamed for things (four-dot benefit), without also having the ability to throw the best parties in the city (three-dot benefit).

The basic idea is to cut down on all the lore new players and STs need to know to jump in. Now you don't need to incorporate millennia worth of history into your chronicle: just know the lore from your own loresheet, or if you're an ST, the lore from all your players' loresheets. You're free to bring up more if you want, but it's no longer a barrier to entry—which is excellent, imo, because I've seen more than one newbie pushed away from the World of Darkness when they were mocked OOC for not knowing all the stories of the Antediluvians before their first session.

Karim stated on Facebook that it's one Loresheet per character, with no 'at character generation' mention.

A lot of the V5 community runs this as 'one loresheet at chargen' but it's not RAI per the devs. The Loresheets aren't meant to balance together with multiples on one character, and if you allow a PC to get multiples and ones in certain combinations, it can become even harder for the ST to manage than normal.

Leave a comment:

• Cifer
    replied
    Originally posted by Draconis View Post
    The basic idea is to cut down on all the lore new players and STs need to know to jump in. Now you don't need to incorporate millennia worth of history into your chronicle: just know the lore from your own loresheet, or if you're an ST, the lore from all your players' loresheets. You're free to bring up more if you want, but it's no longer a barrier to entry—which is excellent, imo, because I've seen more than one newbie pushed away from the World of Darkness when they were mocked OOC for not knowing all the stories of the Antediluvians before their first session.
    Was that ever explicitly explained this way? Because to me it seems more like a way to more strongly connect the metaplot with the game at the table. How much the rest of the setting comes in at your group seems more dependent on the chronicle you're playing - if you're in Chicago, Helena may make an appearance whether someone has taken her loresheet or not, and the members of House Tremere should probably know about the Pyramid even if they chose to be Descendants of Karl Schrekt.

Leave a comment:

• Draconis
    replied
    Originally posted by Cifer View Post
    PYou can only ever have one Lore Sheet, but you can buy the different abilities from it one at a time.
    I believe the devs have clarified that the "one loresheet only" rule only applies to chargen. You can pick up dots from other loresheets in play if it's applicable: for example you might start out with High Clan Background, but later on join the Cult of Shalim, and have powers from both.

But yeah, a Loresheet is an aspect of the metaplot represented by five different Advantages, one at each dot level. You can pick and choose which ones to purchase based on what makes sense to your character: a Descendant of Helena might have the ability to trace their lineage all the way back, giving them +1 Toréador Status once per session (one-dot benefit), and a talent for looking innocent when they're actually guilty, giving them +2 to all social rolls to not get blamed for things (four-dot benefit), without also having the ability to throw the best parties in the city (three-dot benefit).

Leave a comment:

• Cifer
    replied
    Pretty much this. They focus on one aspect of the metaplot ("The Pyramid", "The Second Inquisition", "Descendant of Helena") and provide advantages that reach from one to five dots. Some can be used once per chronicle (like calling in a major boon you're owed to reshape global politics) while others are constant, often mimicking other advantages but adding some strings. Someone with the Lore Sheet "Fiorenza Savona" can gain a gifted mortal as a retainer for one dot (normally a 3-dot background), but the retainer actually belongs to Fiorenza and it's pretty clear they're also spying on you on her behalf. A powerful "Bahari" can shed parts of their curse and walk in the first and last hour of sunlight, but also gains the Obvious Predator flaw.
    You can only ever have one Lore Sheet, but you can buy the different abilities from it one at a time.
    Last edited by Cifer; 06-01-2019, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    I'm curious about what these Lore Sheets are. I tried checking the V5 book preview on DriveThru, but most of the preview includes the introductory fluff, and it cuts off before getting to the index of the book's content.

From what I guess, they're some kind of legendary backgrounds for your character? But I'm not sure beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Pram View Post
    This is amazing!!!
    Thanks! Glad you liked em!

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    What are they for?
    They're to write up Lores in the style that the V5 book presents them. See the V5 book starting on page 382.
    Last edited by Mr Gone; 11-11-2018, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    What are they for?

Leave a comment:

• Pram
    replied
    This is amazing!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Coridan View Post
    Oh cool, my bad for just clicking the first link of each type lol.
    Ha! That's ok. I know how it goes sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Coridan
    replied
    Oh cool, my bad for just clicking the first link of each type lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Coridan View Post
    Could you do one with room for a picture up top?
    I did! The v2 sheets listed above have a section that allows for a picture to be inserted. It should work with the newest Acrobat Reader, but I'm not sure about previous versions).

Leave a comment:

• Coridan
    replied
    Could you do one with room for a picture up top?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Hentzau View Post
    Lovely stuff, thank you very much
    You're very welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Hentzau
    replied
    Lovely stuff, thank you very much

Leave a comment:

Working...