V5 Questions Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erased by myself, better as a new thread
    Last edited by Günther; 10-02-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• So Karim confirmed on Facebook that Flaws don't give extra Advantage points or XP except as detailed in the Coterie section.

Is this on p. 195 where it states that a coterie can purchase coterie Flaws to get more dots? If that's the case, that applies specifically to coterie Flaws. Individual characters only get the stated 2 points of Flaws, together with whatever the Predator Santa has in his bag.

To expand upon this: Since keeping track of PC Flaws usually falls to the ST (players often "forget" their Flaws, or they require ST input to function (Adversaries, etc)) there is a limit to the amount of Flaws a ST can be expected to bring into play in any meaningful way. Therefore, Flaws tend to yield diminishing returns, and anything above 3-4 dots is usually just free XP. Those that feel confident that their ST (or the players themselves) can juggle more than the basic number of Flaws are free to loosen these restrictions, of course.

Then...

No, you don't get extra XP for the mandatory 2p Flaws or the Predator ones.

Comment

• Protean 3 - If a character with a str 4 and brawl 4 transforms into a wolf, is their new dice pool for brawl 6, the same as a wolf? Or would it be 10, 6 plus the character's brawl skill?

Comment

• Its your call but I would rule 6 plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killermentat View Post
            Protean 3 - If a character with a str 4 and brawl 4 transforms into a wolf, is their new dice pool for brawl 6, the same as a wolf? Or would it be 10, 6 plus the character's brawl skill?
            You could rule that it's the higher of the base wolf traits or the PC's own traits? That way, a wolf wouldn't be ridiculously OP but powerful characters won't be penalised for transforming.

I might limit Abilities to the wolf's own default traits, because it's not like you can hotwire a car in wolf form. But I'd probably use the higher of the two Attributes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killermentat View Post
              Protean 3 - If a character with a str 4 and brawl 4 transforms into a wolf, is their new dice pool for brawl 6, the same as a wolf? Or would it be 10, 6 plus the character's brawl skill?
              Upon transformation, the vampire gains the Physical Attributes, senses, and native Skills associated with that animal (see p. 373).

Two ways to read this. First, gain means you take the Skills of the animal regardless. Second, you only change Skills in the case your own are worse. I'm more inclined to say the second, so getting ten.

Comment

• Just following up about the Protean. I emailed white wolf and got clarification. The characters stats don't matter. When you transform, you use the dice pool of the animal you transform into. In our case, the player would have a dice pool of 6 as a wolf instead of 8 in her normal kindred form.

Comment

Working...
                X