V5 Chicago and Elders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
    lasombra are going to be in the book as well.
    I'm not sure about that...

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Originally posted by SalamanDer View Post
      I'm not sure about that...
      Are you saying only a specific group of Lasombra are appearing?

Comment

Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post

The Chicago book also has the opportunity to show the inhumanity of Elders, as the fluff stated that elders can stave off the Beckoning by gorging on blood. Imagine Menele and Critias having young kindred brought to them, people who won't go missing, in order to slake that thirst as well as stave off the Beckoning.
        I don't think it's Kindred blood.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Are you saying only a specific group of Lasombra are appearing?
          My personal opinion.
          I think that in the book we will have a Lasombra profile and Obtenebration's rules, but I didn't found any statement saying the Lasombra had moved in Chicago (or in the Camarilla) en masse. So I think there will be just a handful of Lasombra NPC (mostly Sabbat or Anarch or whatever side is playing Marcus Vitel at the moment) in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by SalamanDer View Post

My personal opinion.
            I think that in the book we will have a Lasombra profile and Obtenebration's rules, but I didn't found any statement saying the Lasombra had moved in Chicago (or in the Camarilla) en masse. So I think there will be just a handful of Lasombra NPC (mostly Sabbat or Anarch or whatever side is playing Marcus Vitel at the moment) in the book.
            The announcement seemed to imply that it would be the full Clan writeup for them, like the ones in the Core: http://theonyxpath.com/onyx-path-pub...e-5th-edition/

Clan Lasombra profile with Obtenebration rules. Playable for the first time in the V5 line!
            That tells me we get the Clan splat and Obtenebration splat in the book. To me this would imply the Clan having a big role in the Setting, otherwise it is very off to do this rather than say putting them in a Sabbat book.

-Red
            V20 Content: Age & Potency
            V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor
            Community & Project Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Red Eye View Post

The announcement seemed to imply that it would be the full Clan writeup for them, like the ones in the Core: http://theonyxpath.com/onyx-path-pub...e-5th-edition/

That tells me we get the Clan splat and Obtenebration splat in the book. To me this would imply the Clan having a big role in the Setting, otherwise it is very off to do this rather than say putting them in a Sabbat book.

There was a mention on Facebook that there was a significant number of Lasombra and it was very story-based as to why they were in Chicago. We'll get a full writeup, probably specifically covering Lasombra Antitribu-equivalents, and then a Sabbat-specific Lasombra writeup in the Sabbat book that reprints some of the material.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Eye View Post

It was just my opinion, but what I expect is different from what I hope. And I sure hope you are right

Sure, a significant number of them in Chicago would mean something

speaking just for making a conjecture,
                if such a number of them is in Chicago...
                -or they are Sabbat waging a nightly shadow-war not unlike the ones in the first edition of Los Angeles by Night
                -or they are Antitribu that basically took over the ruleship of the city from Lodin's brood (the surviving ones)
                -or they are aligned with Vitel (I wouldn't say Anarchs)

Comment

one of the things I was wondering is if they found out their Anti is not dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
                    one of the things I was wondering is if they found out their Anti is not dead.

Smart money is on the ones leaving being the 'HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS IN CASTEL D'OMBRO?! OH GOD IS IT... YEAH WE OUT!'

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I don't think it's Kindred blood.
                      It would have to be kindred blood or an equivalent. Pretty much everyone that was beckoned is suffering from the Thirst of Ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kael03 View Post

It would have to be kindred blood or an equivalent. Pretty much everyone that was beckoned is suffering from the Thirst of Ages.
                        Eh, I was just thinking about the new Ventrue curse.

They could gorge on mortal blood as well, maybe.

But then again, I have Elders drinking vampire blood as way to avoid the Beckoning in my games.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                        X