State of the Sabbat in V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Sabbat in V5

Well my take basing on all the stuff I heard and read, the Sabbat is still alive but mauled its a shadow of its former self and within a decade its been taken down several notches. its powerbases in North America, Europe Latin America have been destroyed by a combination of Second Inquistion and Drowned legacies (in Latin America) attacks. The sabbat presence in its capital Mexico city has been scourged. The head of the Black hand Jalan AAjav has been taken down by Homeland Security. While a large part of the Sabbat ran to the Middle east, North Africa, in particular Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, etc. the main governmental operational base of the Sabbat has its back broken. The only organized part of the Sabbat is probably in the middle East , North Africa(wonder why thsoe ISIS atrocities in Syria, Iraq are so insane) but their hold is tenous, since they are fighting: the Ashirra, Settites, Assamites(web of Knives dominated Assamites Ur Shulgi probably woke up), also mages of the Taftani, who have power bases in the Middle east and hate Vampires. put into the mix, the Second Inquistion(technocracy) who are using NATO SOCOM with drone strikes to hit so called ISIS Al Queda Assad whatever units(to cover their war vs. the Sabbat and vampires in the middle east) and local guerilla units like the Kurds etc. and in the background the antes are waking up. So yah the Sabbat beyond the middle east probably reduced to terrorist cells doing revenge attacks on the mortal governmental agencies which is of course disguised in the media as terroirst attacks. Probalby occasional attacks on the Anarchs and the Camarilla(sabbat already has its hands full in the ME and vs. the First light. ). A lot of the Sabbat more human members probably defected to the Anarchs. So the Sabbat probably got sundered by manpower loss through war and defections. Of the Sabbat clans my opinion, the Tzimisce got hit the hardest since they are the most open out there most easy to spot, they flaunt their shit in the open. Also one of the most populous sabbat clans. Not surpirsed the Tzimisce revenant familes got blasted. I also think the Grimaldi probably defected to the camarilla or hey how about some Grimaldis were arrested or defected to the second inquisition and gave first light good info on the Sabbat. I am not surprised the First light knows a lot more about the inner workings of hte Sabbat than the camarilla, but its old news since the inner workings of the Sabbat got blasted to shit. and the Sabbat has now evolved to a lean and meaner machine. with the old power structures kaput. Also the Lasombra got hit hard but the Lasombra are more in the background. Brujah antitribu got blasted.

I'm not even going to try to climb that wall of text.

I just wanted to mention how much I enjoy that they've re-emphasized shovelheading as the most common means of Embracing in the Sabbat. It's one of my favorite things about them, and I always thought it was a shame Revised and V20 played that practice down.

Comment

And if the rumors are true, half of the lasombra joining the Camarilla... Yeah, as if.

I've just liked it better if they wouldn't have gone to these extremities (I'm starting to get tired repeating this, reagrding V5 metaplot) and just leave a sizeable chunk of old-school Sabbat and some of their domains in the West too, instead of the gone/decimated/cellular packs situation. I'd have liked a Crusaders/old school loyalist Sabbat/nomad packs from fallen cities division better.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Originally posted by PMárk View Post
        And if the rumors are true, half of the lasombra joining the Camarilla... Yeah, as if.
        If the Sabbat were on the back end it would give the LAT a chance to come out more forcefully

Comment

I like some Lasombra joining the Camarilla. I think all the clans should have some level of representation (well maybe not the Salubri with the whole kill em all thing the Tremere have going on). If they had existed from day one instead of being developed later they would be just like the Sabbat with a little of everything.

Comment

well you already have Lasombra in the Camarilla, they are called the Lasombra antitribu with their leader Montano. I think the Ventrue do not like a lot of Lasombra in the Camarilla they like the antitribu since there are some of them as opposed to big numbers since the Lasombra will be competition for the Ventrue who are the leaders of the Camarilla. Ventrue and Lasombra have pretensions of being the leaders of the Kindred. HOwever I do think Lasombra sabbat defectors would go to the Anarchs. Anyways the majority of the Lasombra will probably stay in the Sabbat. As for the Tzimisce nope most stay in the Sabbat. or dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post

I think all the clans should have some level of representation (well maybe not the Salubri with the whole kill em all thing the Tremere have going on).
              Are you kidding, that would be amazing, (in V1-V20), plopping them both down in a city and outright forbidding the Tremere from directly attacking. Everyone knows if something happens to the Salubri, it is the Tremere's fault, and with the Assamites joining too, well the Tremere are just not as high and mighty as they once had been in the Camarilla.

Comment

Beckett

Ha ha ok, you've convinced me.

A Salubri and a Tremere walk into a bar...

Comment

Tremere ARE salubri. They have the same Antedeluvian and everything!

Comment

I take that Rio de Janeiro falls, therefore, Archbishop Gratiano de Veronese fell to the Second Inquisition.

-Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                      Tremere ARE salubri. They have the same Antedeluvian and everything!
                      They're also Tzimisce, technically...

...and infiltrated by the Baali, who share their blood via Saulot.

Comment

I found absolutely lame the whole ''sabbat to middle east --> bad guys who are terrorists and therefore behind isis and bla bla bla''.

The sabbat was a murderous warrior-cult that was ready to blow up instead of run away. Also all the ''half lasombra to the cama'' it's kinda weak.
                        I mean, the sabbat is made up by extremists warriors and I think it's really un-realistic to see half of one of the main clan to join the cama. They are not damn football teams.

-'' When the winds howl and the Storms rage, where will you run?''-

Comment

The Sabbat have always been a pretty diverse lot, actually. Not in the eyes of their enemies but when looked at on their own terms. Always tension between the more radical and conservative elements. The Gehenna Crusade precipitated their 4th civil war, and that was pre-V5. It’s a cult, yeah, but a fractious one.

Comment

With my favorite clan in VtM being the Lasombra (noblesse oblige with shadowy tentacles ... what's not to love?), I'm very curious to see what's happening with them. Rumors are that Lasombra will be detailed in the Chicago by Night book. If so, it's an automatic buy for me.

As for the meager rest of the Sabbat in the middle east bringing the fight to the elders, I 100% expect the Sabbat book to be targeted at the hack and slash crowd who wants less politics and more gratuitous violence. Players will all be members of the same war pack and game sessions will all be about the chapter's big bad elder they have to kill on their way to the top. Hell, maybe some GMs will want the chronicle to end with them taking out an actual antediluvian. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Helur View Post
                              I found absolutely lame the whole ''sabbat to middle east --> bad guys who are terrorists and therefore behind isis and bla bla bla''.

The sabbat was a murderous warrior-cult that was ready to blow up instead of run away. Also all the ''half lasombra to the cama'' it's kinda weak.
                              I mean, the sabbat is made up by extremists warriors and I think it's really un-realistic to see half of one of the main clan to join the cama. They are not damn football teams.
                              It depends on one factor:

Did the Lasombra have more to gain by throwing their fellow Sabbat under the bus?

If so, yes, they'd join.

These are vampires, not crusaders, and the only people who believe in Caine are the fools we manipulate! Antedeluvians! Pishaw!

*a creeking noise is heard behind him, as if an old tomb was opening*

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
                              X