V5 Blood Sorcery Paths?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
    IMHO, removing secondary paths is fine. There should have been lore updates to that (Erichtho's V5 writeup mentions her sire doing all sorts of magic shit that isn't a thing anymore), but it's a valid choice as the game as a whole is being toned down and made "street level". I'd easily argue that you can even scrap the rituals too. Have "Blood Sorcery" be the Tremere power to manipulate and transform blood. That's fine. That's cool. But the actual Blood Sorcery powers need to be better than they are now.
    Of course that assumes you see the bold part as a valid choice in the first place, which I and many others who dislike V5 do not. Requiem: The Masquerade would have been a much more fitting title than 5th Edition.

Comment

The more I read about V5, the more it seems that it's Mage Revised for Vampire. Which explains why none of it has appealed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
        The more I read about V5, the more it seems that it's Mage Revised for Vampire. Which explains why none of it has appealed to me.
        Possibly. It may also explain why I like it.

Comment

Having spent my diminished free time when I could re-reading some of DtF stuff, I've been kinda interested in how they tried to implement Evocations and rituals (sort of a poor man's Mage.. or probably closer to Changeling's system) I suppose if you wanted more flexibility you could do what Demons did since there are some similarities between Lore Evocation and Thautmaturgy.

Comment

Working...
          X