V5 - Planning my Chicago by Night 2018 chronicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    What are the reasons your players don't want the Tal'Mahe'Ra included ?
    They think it's a silly nonsensical organization that has no real need to exist and basically is just an inverted Sabbat.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

They think it's a silly nonsensical organization that has no real need to exist and basically is just an inverted Sabbat.
      How is the Tal'Mahe'Ra an inversion of the Sabbat ? Is the Sabbat an inversion of the Tal'Mahe'Ra within this reasoning ?

Comment

• This is how the chroncile has since set up events:

Epilogue

The death of Vykos and rescue of the PC Prince (who is disgraced and forced from power) results in Kevin Jackson taking over the mantle. The fact the Anarchs had planned to take over Chicago and were narrowly avoided in doing so results in him making his new decree that Chicago is an "Anarch Free Zone".

Kevin Jackson proceeds to recruit Damien as his Sheriff and several other Brujah and Caitiff to serve as his Hounds, surprising a lot of Anarchs with their betrayal. Damien, however, was bitterly disillusioned by Juggler's betrayal and worried about many more friends of his getting caught up in the aborted attack on the city.

The Wolf Pack, Damien, and his cronies proceed to kill close to a dozen of the most hardcore Anarchs in the city. They also kill numerous Thin Bloods. It's nowhere near close to a full purge but it sends a message that Kevin Jackson doesn't intend to screw around. Jackson isn't an idiot, however, and also gives with the other hand that he takes away. He let's it be known that East Chicago is not going to be persecuted or Gary, Indiana. Furthermore, the Rack is going to be an open feeding ground. Anita Wainwright is reluctantly forced to take the Barony of East Chicago while Anubis remains Baron of Gary.

Basically, if you stay in those zones, you're fine. If you leave them, then the Hounds can kill you (but will more likely just beat or shoot you).

Kevin's position isn't nearly as secure as he thinks it is, however, because Milwaukee is also an Anarch Free State now and Maldavis is serving as its Baron. That means the Jewel of the American Camarilla is now surrounded by Anarchs who are less than pleased by his hardline stance.

The Fake Lodin fled the city but soon found himself captured by the Sabbat and punished for his betrayal. As such, he's been tortured and brutalized into becoming a man who believes himself to be the real Lodin and is living as a local crime boss and Fagin-type figure. Kevin Jackson very much would like to find this "imposter" out even as he's started referring to things the Fake one could never know.

Vykos had a Harbinger of Skulls summon Lodin's Wraith into his body and bind it. So, in a way, he is the "real" Lodin but neither is fully in charge.
        The Second Inquisition has suffered badly for events in recent years and has run out of both steam as well as money but have determined that vampires war with each other now. As such, they've begun monitoring the events in Chicago. It's their hope to create a massive "vampire war" which will spread to the rest of the country...and it's entirely possible it will.

Helena is now the only Methuselah in Chicago and exalting in her victory but, having been brainwashed for the better part of two millennium by SOMETHING, she is now aware freedom is confusing to her and that she has no purpose without Menele. She's searching for something to occupy her unlife even as she's addicted to diablerie to stave off the Beckoning.

So, that's the set up for my next (close to canonical) Chronicle.

With a heavy emphasis on Anarchs vs. Camarilla.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
          How is the Tal'Mahe'Ra an inversion of the Sabbat ? Is the Sabbat an inversion of the Tal'Mahe'Ra within this reasoning ?
          I don't agree with them so I couldn't explain it.

I assume it's because they're a secretive inhuman sect that worships the Antediluvians.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I don't agree with them so I couldn't explain it.

I assume it's because they're a secretive inhuman sect that worships the Antediluvians.
            Makes sense, this should have occured to me. Though there is much more to these two Sects than how the 3rd Generation Vampires are considered by them.
            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-12-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X