Loresheets: Chicago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loresheets: Chicago

I posted this in the thread about the Chicago Chronicle, but so it doesn't just fade off buried in there I figured I'd drop a thread for it.

This was made with the following:
    * Mr. Gone's interactive Lore Sheet (Classic Style)
    * Photo is from Chicago taken by my wife (Permission to Use)
    * The main block text is a rewrite by me of some of the flavor text for Chicago in the 1E and 2E books (hopefully revised enough that no one takes exception)
    * Level Titles are based on Chicago events and slang (Researched this stuff some)
    * The effects of the Levels are fairly balanced with official Loresheets and are somewhat based on porting the Chicago and Secrets Background options from the 1E and 2E books, and partly on City Lore (which I believe came in Revised officially)
    * This is based around 1E and 2E as I assume OP will possibly do their own thing with V5 that you can use for games in that era

Anyways, here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11b3...ew?usp=sharing

Hopefully people can find this useful, and maybe inspire others to do similar with other cities - could be fun.

-Red
    V20 Content: Age & Potency
    V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor
    Community & Project Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

With your permission, I'd like to add it to the index.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Oh, by all means do so. With it being tucked into the thread I realized it could get lost, and I didn't want to make you add other stuff to your index. That said, if you want to add it on you're more than welcome to. No permission request needed at all.

-Red
      V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor

Comment

Please add more articles from your campaign then!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Oh, I likely will be, it will just be sporadic. The specific trope I wanted for the first delve into V5 is one that is difficult to get together. We have no regular game day for this group, we just schedule the next session at the one we are doing. Usually weeks between them. For instance, we did our Session 0 (as you know since I did a little bit from that one on the thread), and our Session 1 isn't until September 29. So, I'll totally do some writeups in the thread (I enjoy doing that, helps me go back and double check stuff that happened in more detail by digging in like that), just don't expect them as fast as you churn them out.

-Red

Comment

I didn't even know Mr. Gone had made a template... but OF COURSE he has! Consuming your Chicago Loresheet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by khelek View Post
              I didn't even know Mr. Gone had made a template... but OF COURSE he has! Consuming your Chicago Loresheet tonight.
              Yep, sure has. I worked with him some on sorting out the details on the sheets which was pretty fun to do. Enjoyed working with him. He made it in the Minimalist style too if you prefer that. I suppose I could be nice and port this over to that sheet style too if people wanted.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it and that it inspires you to possibly make your own as well (even though you've been churning out fan content left and right it seems already).

-Red

Comment

Looks good.

The 2-dot advantage is odd, as it grants more background dots than you need to invest. If you want weak contacts or retainers anyway, picking this is a no-brainer. I think it would work better if it would work differently than a simple background, such as spontaneously picking a Contact or Retainer 1x/story.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Eye View Post
                  This was made with the following:
                  * Mr. Gone's interactive Lore Sheet (Classic Style)
                  * Photo is from Chicago taken by my wife (Permission to Use)
                  * The main block text is a rewrite by me of some of the flavor text for Chicago in the 1E and 2E books (hopefully revised enough that no one takes exception)
                  * Level Titles are based on Chicago events and slang (Researched this stuff some)
                  * The effects of the Levels are fairly balanced with official Loresheets and are somewhat based on porting the Chicago and Secrets Background options from the 1E and 2E books, and partly on City Lore (which I believe came in Revised officially)
                  * This is based around 1E and 2E as I assume OP will possibly do their own thing with V5 that you can use for games in that era

Anyways, here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11b3...ew?usp=sharing
                  Oh cool!! Looks good man! Glad the sheet worked out nicely!

Originally posted by khelek View Post
                  I didn't even know Mr. Gone had made a template... but OF COURSE he has!
                  You know me. Hee hee...

Originally posted by Red Eye View Post
                  Yep, sure has. I worked with him some on sorting out the details on the sheets which was pretty fun to do. Enjoyed working with him. He made it in the Minimalist style too if you prefer that.
                  Yea, I like to make people have some options...when I can anyway.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                  For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Skyrock View Post
                    Looks good.

The 2-dot advantage is odd, as it grants more background dots than you need to invest. If you want weak contacts or retainers anyway, picking this is a no-brainer. I think it would work better if it would work differently than a simple background, such as spontaneously picking a Contact or Retainer 1x/story.
                    Ha! Thanks for pointing out my typo. The Contacts/Retainers you get are all only supposed to be Level 1, not Level 2. While it gives you more points than you spend, it only allows you to get people who are next to junk ("Weak Mortal" Retainer, Resource 1 Contact). I didn't feel the need to limit their use in game because they will already be limited by the low level. But yes, I did typo that, it shouldn't be Level 2 options being accessible only Level 1. That is the trade off factor - more points, but you can't build them as good if you had just taken them directly. I'll fix it on the sheet too so people can regrab it.

-Red

Comment

Did a few updates on this tonight. Basically some minor adjustments to make the text more uniform across the document, and to increase the size a little so it is more readable when printed off. The tweak in the post above has also been done.

-Red

Comment

Working...
                      X