The Regent Of The Sabbat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Regent Of The Sabbat

Spoilers for both V5 and Beckket's Jyhad Diary in here.
    So,we know the Sabbat is going to have their moment on the spotlight in this new edition next year. And there's one question burning in my mind. Who will lead the Sect?
    By now,most of us know BJD was the opening of the metaplot of v5,and in two of it's chapters it's revealed that the current Regent,the Tzimisce Zachary Sikorsky who was pretending to be the previous Regent,the Toreador Antitribu Melinda Gailbraith. Is dead,and there are a great deal of the Sect supporting no one but Lucita as the new big mom of the Sabbat. Of course,nothing is guaranteed so early. It is my belief that White Wolf is still discussing how they ill handle that.
    I was wondering what you guys think,who's gonna be Regent now? Who should be the Regent now?

The leader of the Ghenna Crusade faction was De Polonia.

And Lucita's patron, Vasantasena, has left the sect; even more now that the Sabbat has no regional forces or organizations I'd say Lucita lost also the Inquisition power base.

And current status of the Sabbat doesn't seems to be in line with Vykos, Bistri, Delmare or Touraine politics.

So I'd say De Polonia.
    Last edited by Undead rabbit; 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Spoilers for both v5 and Beckket's Jyhad Diary in here.
      So,we know the Sabbat is going to have their moment of spotlight in this new edition next year. And there's one question burning in my mind. Who will lead the Sect?
      By now,most of us know BJD was the opening of the metaplot of v5,and in two of it's chapters it's revealed that the current Regent,the tzimisce Zachary Sikorsky who was pretending to be the previous regent,the toreador antitribu Melinda Gailbraith. Is dead,and there are a great deal of the Sect supporting no one but Lucita as the new big mom of the Sabbat. Of course,nothing is guaranteed so early. It is my belief that White Wolf is still discussing how they handle that.
      I was wondering what you guys think,who's gonna be Regent now? Who should be the Regent now?
      Well, given Lucita is thankfully over her child-murdering psycho days (if she ever did that in the revised timeline), hopefully the Regent will be a Assamite, Brujah, or one of the Antitrbu.

My favorite Regent was Helene's Childe as I don't think much of the back and forth with the Lasombra nd Tzimisce.

Mind you, I don't want the Sabbat to be very similar to the way they were.

I'm hoping the Sabbat is broken up into multiple feuding groups--each claiming to be the Real Sabbat.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
        The leader of the Ghenna Crusade factions was De Polonia.

And Lucita's patron, Vasantasena, has left the sect, even more now that the Sabbat has no regional forces or organizations I'd say Lucita lost also the Inquisition power base.
        Oh man,i must've have missed that,was it in the opening pages?

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Well, given Lucita is thankfully over her child-murdering psycho days (if she ever did that in the revised timeline), hopefully the Regent will be a Assamite, Brujah, or one of the Antitrbu.

My favorite Regent was Helene's Childe as I don't think much of the back and forth with the Lasombra nd Tzimisce.

Mind you, I don't want the Sabbat to be very similar to the way they were.

I'm hoping the Sabbat is broken up into multiple feuding groups--each claiming to be the Real Sabbat.
          But the Sabbat was already broken three times,don't you think they should be united now the antedilluvians seem to be proeminent?

Comment

Oh man,i must've have missed that,was it in the opening pages?

De Polonia leading the Ghenna Crusade faction.

Beckett Jyhad Diary, p.161
            The Gehenna Crusader: Perhaps the strongest
            claimant is Francisco Domingo de Polonia, Cardinal
            of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States and
            Canada. While Polonia is praised for his role in the
            successful crusade that captured Atlanta, Washington
            D.C., and many of the formerly-Camarilla cities
            on the Eastern seaboard, he also lost status after he
            was forced to abandon New York to the Camarilla.
            He is the public face of the Gehenna Crusade and
            jumped at the chance to claim involvement in one of
            the greatest tragedies of modern history. Claiming to
            have infiltrated Islamist fundamentalists to engineer
            the strikes of 9/11, thus striking a telling blow against
            the Camarilla and the Ancients, is a desperate gamble.
            But it may yet prove to be exactly the kind of lie
            that changes history forever.
            While even the inhumane Sabbat are taken
            aback by the massive loss of life in New York, the
            attack proves the unstoppable power of self-annihilating
            fanaticism. The fires rising from the rubble
            of the Camarilla’s newest prize speaks louder than
            any words. The madness of the Crusade spreads. So
            far only the most blood-crazed of the Cainites have
            heeded the call, but as the new millennium marches
            on, the Gehenna-fanatics are positioned to drown
            out the rational voices of the Sect. Polonia knows
            that if either Vitel or the Camarilla pushes back
            successfully in North America, he may well take the
            blame for it. His only chance is feeding fire to the
            myth of Gehenna.
            Of course, most Kindred who hear of Polonia’s
            grand claims dismiss them. They know mortals can
            be horrible on their own, without a Lasombra’s assistance.

As for Vasantasena, V5, her loresheet, page 399

Vasantasena and her Malkavian sire Unmada traveled the world
            throughout the Middle Ages, preaching against the Blood Bond.
            They rejected the vinculum, traditional Kindred hierarchy, and all
            loss of free will. Ultimately, they condemned the Antediluvians for
            their cruel tyranny through Jyhad, joining the Sabbat during its formation.
            As the Camarilla had, the Sabbat rejected her cause, instituting both hierarchy
            and ritual enslavement through vitae. She eventually rejected them in turn,
            assembling a faction of Malkavians to embrace freedom from the Sabbat.

Sabbat Becomes
            Camarilla: Vasantasena achieved the
            impossible and showed her descendants
            how it was done. Alien, inhuman philosophies
            locked most vampires into the
            Sabbat. Once per story, you can deprogram
            a vampire from their sect beliefs. To
            do so, you must completely isolate the
            subject and make an extended test (p.
            293) of either Intelligence or Charisma
            + Insight in an atmosphere of specialized
            perfumes. Roll once per three nights of
            disputation; you win after achieving a
            number of successes equal to twice the
            subject’s Willpower.

Comment

De Polonia leading the Ghenna Crusade faction.

Beckett Jyhad Diary, p.161

As for Vasantasena, V5, her loresheet, page 399

thanks! I was curious about it

Comment

But the Sabbat was already broken three times,don't you think they should be united now the antedilluvians seem to be proeminent?
                I think it depends on what you actually think the Sabbat should be.

In my 5E Chicago game, the Sabbat are believed to have all gone to fight in Gehenna and got annihilated.

The truth is...more complicated.

Also, the Regent of the Sabbat is ED NEALLY.

(Yes, you can burst out laughing now)

Here's his write-up: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...hronicle/page4

He's running a SECRET Sabbat.

But an obvious alternative is making Patricia Bollingbrook the new Regent.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Seems unlikely, Ed Neally is a spy of the Camarilla in the Sabbat.

And Patricia left the Sabbat.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I think it depends on what you actually think the Sabbat should be.

In my 5E Chicago game, the Sabbat are believed to have all gone to fight in Gehenna and got annihilated.

The truth is...more complicated.

Also, the Regent of the Sabbat is ED NEALLY.

(Yes, you can burst out laughing now)

Here's his write-up: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...hronicle/page4

He's running a SECRET Sabbat.

But an obvious alternative is making Patricia Bollingbrook the new Regent.
                    Please tell me Neally is nicknamed "The Bull of The Sabbat" by his followers

Comment

Please tell me Neally is nicknamed "The Bull of The Sabbat" by his followers
                      Well he is now.

Sometimes, you need a godly warrior prince as Regent. Sometimes you need an Accountant who looks not dissimilar to Smithers.

Comment

Seems unlikely, Ed Neally is a spy of the Camarilla in the Sabbat.
                        The idea you have to be loyal to be the Sabbat to be its head is actually counterproductive given the entire history of the Sect. Mind you, in my game it's because he's the last man standing handling the financial aspect and Helene forced him to be.

And Patricia left the Sabbat.
                        Which is probably why she's still alive.

However, once her past comes to light, it's better to reign in hell.

Comment

Hmmmm,would you guys think Priscus Joseph Pander could grab the position?

Comment

He lacks support from the main clans, Panders where almost second rate vampires in the Sabbat.

Comment

Hmmmm,would you guys think Priscus Joseph Pander could grab the position?
                              Anything seems to be possible in this brave new (dark) world. And its a sure bet he has a bunch of pukka recipes for all manner of crazy alchemical potions

Light inspires illusion and interpretation. Truth can only be found in darkness.

Comment

Working...
                              X