The Regent Of The Sabbat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12dollarburrito View Post
    Anything seems to be possible in this brave new (dark) world. And its a sure bet he has a bunch of pukka recipes for all manner of crazy alchemical potions
    He always was a clever man,i wouldnt say it was impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
      He lacks support from the main clans, Panders where almost second rate vampires in the Sabbat.
      Yes and no.

They were the back of the Loyalist faction, which is the Sabbat faction that makes every other Sabbat faction pissed off to the point of Frenzy.

Panders are all about FREEEEEEDDDDDDOOMMMMM and thus are like herding cats.

Ironically, unless asked by Joseph.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Yes and no.

They were the back of the Loyalist faction, which is the Sabbat faction that makes every other Sabbat faction pissed off to the point of Frenzy.

Panders are all about FREEEEEEDDDDDDOOMMMMM and thus are like herding cats.

Ironically, unless asked by Joseph.
        That's my favorite Sabbat by the way,the ones who want freedom at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Spoilers for both V5 and Beckket's Jyhad Diary in here.
          So,we know the Sabbat is going to have their moment on the spotlight in this new edition next year. And there's one question burning in my mind. Who will lead the Sect?
          By now,most of us know BJD was the opening of the metaplot of v5,and in two of it's chapters it's revealed that the current Regent,the Tzimisce Zachary Sikorsky who was pretending to be the previous Regent,the Toreador Antitribu Melinda Gailbraith. Is dead,and there are a great deal of the Sect supporting no one but Lucita as the new big mom of the Sabbat. Of course,nothing is guaranteed so early. It is my belief that White Wolf is still discussing how they ill handle that.
          I was wondering what you guys think,who's gonna be Regent now? Who should be the Regent now?
          I would have it revealed that Melinda faked her death to go hunting for her sire.

She has succeeded in diablerizing Helena and is returning to Mexico City to reclaim her throne.

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post

I would have it revealed that Melinda faked her death to go hunting for her sire.

She has succeeded in diablerizing Helena and is returning to Mexico City to reclaim her throne.
            I tend to think Melinda isn't remotely in Helene's league.

When she confronted her, it would have been like Palpatine and Anakin.

"I became the Regent of the Sabbat!"

"And who do you think arranged that."

*Sith Lady laugh*

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I tend to think Melinda isn't remotely in Helene's league.

When she confronted her, it would have been like Palpatine and Anakin.

"I became the Regent of the Sabbat!"

"And who do you think arranged that."

*Sith Lady laugh*
              The only chance Helena has is via dominate. If Merlinda can shake that off she murderizes her, and that's assuming she doesn't take Helena by surprise.

Merlinda

Physical: Strength 6, Dexterity 7, Stamina 6
              Social: Charisma 8, Manipulation 8, Appearance 5
              Mental: Perception 7, Intelligence 6, Wits 6

Talents: Alertness 4, Brawl 5, Diplomacy 5, Dodge 5, Empathy 4, Intrigue 5, Intuition 5, Subterfuge 4

Skills: Debate 5, Etiquette 4, Fire Dancing 4, Firearms 5, Melee 3, Survival 5

Knowledges: Area Knowledge (Mexico City) 5, Bureaucracy 5, Camarilla Lore 4, Computer 4, Finance 5, Medicine 5, Occult 3, Politics 5, Sabbat Lore 5

Disciplines: Auspex 8, Celerity 5, Dominate 8, Fortitude 6, Obtenebration 5, Potence 7, Presence 6, Vicissitude 6

Helena

Physical: Strength 7, Dexterity 8, Stamina 6
              Social: Charisma 8, Manipulation 8, Appearance 8
              Mental: Perception 7, Intelligence 6, Wits 6

Talents: Alertness 6, Brawl 7, Dodge 7, Empathy 3, Intimidation 5, Leadership 5, Subterfuge (Seduction) 6

Skills: Etiquette 8, Firearms 2, Melee 5, Performance (Acting, Music) 6, Stealth 3, Survival 3

Knowledges: History 5, Linguistics 5, Occult 5

Disciplines: Animalism 1, Auspex 7, Celerity 5, Dominate 8, Fortitude 5, Obfuscate 5, Potence 4, Presence 5, Thaumaturgy 4

Comment

The only chance Helena has is via dominate. If Merlinda can shake that off she murderizes her, and that's assuming she doesn't take Helena by surprise.
                Eletria is 2000 years old and a Spartan....and she's Helene's butler.

Basically, my statement is this, "If you are facing a Methuselah in a fair fight then something has gone catastrophically wrong for them."

Comment

Merlinda was regent of the sabbat for decades, there's no way she rose that high and stayed their without winning quite a few monomancy duels. She wouldn't be afraid of it, and indeed would likely view a situation where she coupd confront her one on one as being in her favor.

Comment

Besides Melinda has the backing of the most powerful Methuselah ever.

(Melinda rise to power didn't came out of her skill alone, the main factors were that She had the public backing of Aajav Khan and the secret backing of Nergal)

Comment

Merlinda was regent of the sabbat for decades, there's no way she rose that high and stayed their without winning quite a few monomancy duels. She wouldn't be afraid of it, and indeed would likely view a situation where she coupd confront her one on one as being in her favor.
                      And I'm saying that Helene, if she's actually a Kindred worth her salt, would look at a attempt at one-on-one combat as dumb.

Melinda would attack her...and Helene would have Eletria backstab her with a dozen other bits of cannon fodder.

Because the only Methusaleh with honor is Haquim.

Comment

That assumption is wrong, Methuselahs can vary a lot and many of them will not tolerate subterfuge, they will go fangs first taking advantage of their immense power. Just look at Orthia, Jamal, Ur shulgi, Odin, Urlon of Uruk, the First Children of Haqim killed by Al-Ashraad, Alexander, Caias, Lazarus, and so on.

Even Helena herself given her story would prefer go for her throath. Just ad She did with Menele in 1812 and in before.
                        During the 13th century she went in a one on one with Menele, her only aid Prias, they battled, and she left menele almost dead, hoping that the sun will finish him.
                        Then again in 1812 at Fort Dearborn amidst the battle she searched for Menele on the battlefield, and engaged him again in a one on one.
                        Last edited by Undead rabbit; 09-15-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
                          That assumption is wrong, Methuselahs can vary a lot and many of them will not tolerate subterfuge, they will go fangs first taking advantage of their immense power. Just look at Orthia, Jamal, Ur shulgi, Odin, Urlon of Uruk, the First Children of Haqim killed by Al-Ashraad, Alexander, Caias, Lazarus, and so on.
                          Ur Shulgi is sitting in Alamut and directing his people. He's not out there killing Assamites himself and for good reason.

Because he's not an idiot.

It's why I'm glad they had the Warlord of the Camarilla killed by the Inquisition--because I LIKED him but if you fight at the front continually, you eventually lose.

Mind you, I admit this is a preference and I often beat the, "Fighting fair is for suckers" drum in my game.

Even Helena herself given her story would prefer go for her throath. Just ad She did with Menele in 1812 and in before.
                          That was after she'd lost everyone else.

Comment

Ur Shulgi is sitting in Alamut and directing his people. He's not out there killing Assamites himself and for good reason.

Because he's not an idiot.

It's why I'm glad they had the Warlord of the Camarilla killed by the Inquisition--because I LIKED him but if you fight at the front continually, you eventually lose.

Mind you, I admit this is a preference and I often beat the, "Fighting fair is for suckers" drum in my game.

That was after she'd lost everyone else.

You don't remember well then.

Ur-Shulgi summoned for weeks Assamite elders and Meths in his cave at Petra and killed the unworthy, alone, then after some months marched on Alamaut and challenged Jamal in single combat, killing him, after that he purged one third of the Vizier council and countless other Assamite. Before that the War-Avatar of Alamut single handedly destroyed scores of Baali at the time of the second city

The Eldest, a judge named Mancheaka, led the
                            Children and their allies and servants on a rapid overland
                            march, determined to reinforce the City before it fell.
                            Near dawn, as the column prepared to take shelter from
                            the sun in a network of caverns, their outriders were
                            obliterated by a storm of spears and flame. The main
                            body of the force came under attack moments later.
                            Mancheaka and her brood met Final Death holding
                            off the attackers, but their actions bought the survivors
                            time to take shelter in the caves.
                            As the remaining judges and their comrades
                            regrouped in the sheltering darkness, they began to
                            assemble what little knowledge they had about their
                            situation. Several had glimpsed familiar faces among
                            the attackers, members of the broods of Saulot, Ventrue
                            and Lasombra who had been thought to be close allies of
                            the Children. Mancheaka’s forces, it seemed, had been
                            operating under false information for weeks — Baali
                            sympathizers had deftly tricked the judges into stripping
                            away many of the city’s most potent defenders.
                            The day and night that followed were nearly the end
                            of the judges and sorcerers. The Baali and their demon
                            lackeys hounded the Children of Haqim through the
                            caverns. To their credit, the judges’ spears took many
                            of their enemies, and the arts of the sorcerers bound
                            and slew with desperate strength, but the weight of
                            numbers and the momentum of the attack lay with
                            the Baali.
                            Near dawn of the second night, the last remaining
                            sorcerers gathered in the most defensible of the caverns.
                            As they prepared their wards for the coming assault,
                            the stone beneath their feet began to tremble. A ferocious
                            screaming arose, as if the Baali had mustered the
                            very legions of the infernal to sweep the Children of
                            Haqim from the world. The judges braced their spears;
                            the sorcerers gathered their energies.
                            Then blood began to flow into the cavern. Only a
                            trickle at first, a few drops seeping down through the
                            tunnels, gradually becoming a steady flow that left the
                            surviving Children ankle-deep in cooling crimson.
                            Then footfalls: light, almost noiseless, slow, as if
                            those of a child tentatively making its way down the
                            steep passages.
                            Then a tiny figure, blackened and charred, its eyes
                            burned from its skull, emerged into the flickering light
                            of the single torch that a ghoul had managed to keep
                            burning. “Haqim sends me,” it whispered, “I am ur-
                            Shulgi. And I am of the Blood.

In the end, Jamal’s faith proved to be his undoing.
                            When ur-Shulgi arose, the current Eldest was the first Child
                            of Haqim to whom the Shepherd appeared. Jamal refused
                            to recant his faith in favor of utter devotion to Haqim. Ur-
                            Shulgi staked him, displaying Jamal’s impaled body above
                            the Black Throne for a month before draining his blood
                            into a clay vessel and scattering his ashes across the sand of
                            Petra.
                            The intended message of absolute obedience did not
                            come across as well as ur-Shulgi had intended, as Islam has
                            a long tradition of holy martyrs. Many Muslim Assamites
                            now use Jamal’s name as a rallying cry in the Schism.

Not every Methuselah is subtle: Artemis Orthia led her troops from the front, and was the first to cross the walls of Carthage just as she did with Athens, Caias and Lazarus went one on one at the time of the Feast of Folly, Lazarus winning through his mastery of Serpentis, Urlon of Uruk marched against Ur and then challenged Tiamat. Jamal tried to kill Dracula alone, Baba Yaga had the habit of assaulting Werewolf sept and taking them down, same thing she did when she marched alone inside the Brujah Council room killing all the elders in one strike. Odin carghed in the midst of the Get of Fenris in elder times, and today he hunts them by the pack, leaving scores of dead wolves behind him, Enkidu is so un-subtle that got a place in the Red List, Angiwarr, Samiel went on fighting the Tzimisce antediluvian, even killing him, Dracon searched all over the Carpathian for Triglav before taking his head.

Comment

Oh, I remember.

I just point out that it's not Monomancy, he summons them and kills them himself and they're stupid to arrive.

I also bombed Alamut because Ur-Shulgi showing himself like that makes him vulnerable.

Not every Methuselah is subtle: Artemis Orthia led her troops from the front, and was the first to cross the walls of Carthage just as she did with Athens, Caias and Lazarus went one on one at the time of the Feast of Folly, Lazarus winning through his mastery of Serpentis, Urlon of Uruk marched against Ur and then challenged Tiamat. Jamal tried to kill Dracula alone, Baba Yaga had the habit of assaulting Werewolf sept and taking them down, same thing she did when she marched alone inside the Brujah Council room killing all the elders in one strike. Odin carghed in the midst of the Get of Fenris in elder times, and today he hunts them by the pack, leaving scores of dead wolves behind him, Enkidu is so un-subtle that got a place in the Red List, Angiwarr, Samiel went on fighting the Tzimisce antediluvian, even killing him, Dracon searched all over the Carpathian for Triglav before taking his head.
                              Eh, if that's how you feel. But it's not the kind of game I play. The King should not be moving across the board trying to take pawns.
                              Last edited by CTPhipps; 09-15-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

It's not how I feel, it's how Masquerade and the setting is, book at hand, canon-wise.
                                So if at your table every Meth is a subtle fucker that's nice.

Canon this is not the case.

And If I were you I would check again Helena's history.

Menele had hoped to turn Black Hawk‘s people into an
                                effective fighting force capable of standing against Helena
                                and her minions. Unfortunately, he had little knowledge of
                                the destructive power offirearms, and despite his training and
                                his followers’ own valor, Helena managed to defeat him yet
                                again.
                                The climax came during one tragic midnight cavalry
                                raid on a riverside encampment. Menele, seeing the cruel
                                slaughter of the brave people with whom he had lived for so
                                long, burst into a murderous frenzy. Instead of relying on
                                pawns to fight his battles as he had in the past, he flew into
                                the fray himself, charging straight at the equally powerful
                                Helena. He was shot many times, but nothing seemed able to
                                stop him. The two Methuselahs met with all the fury of a
                                whirlwind, and the air turned red with the vast quantities of
                                blood they used.
                                None of those watching could follow the swift course of
                                that titanic battle, but finally they saw Helena dig her claws
                                deep into Menele’s ribs. With a scream of agony that made
                                the earth itself shake, Menele drove his skull deep into
                                Helena’s forehead. The two separated, both thrown to the
                                ground by their injuries.
                                Menele’s remaining braves made a
                                last desperate charge to rescue their ancient ally, but could
                                not reach him before Helena’s ghoul managed to drive a
                                burning stake deep into the vampire’s neck. At the cost of
                                many lives, Menele’s allies managed to seize his body and
                                escape into the woods, while the ghoul carried Helena to the
                                safety of the fort.
                                Thus, two of the mightiest Cainites in the New World
                                fell into torpor under the watchful gaze of their mortal allies.
                                However, their deep slumber did not mean an end to their
                                age-old feud. From their sleep, the two called to all their
                                supporters around the world, and Kindred and kine alike
                                flocked to them
                                It was under General "Mad" Anthony Wayne that the
                                Indians were defeated at the Battle of Fallen Timbers, in 1795,
                                and the Europeans settled the area. Fort Dearborn was established
                                in the territory to protect the settlers . However, Menele
                                realized there was a far greater threat than that of the white
                                settlers : he sensed the coming of an ancient enemy . Menele
                                pushed his native Garou and human allies to increase the
                                number and viciousness of their attacks . Soon the fort fell to the
                                assaults and the invaders were pushed back from the territories .
                                Helena (Menele's age-old vampire enemy) sensed Menele's
                                presence and directed her thralls to carry out a midnight raid on
                                an Indian village - but this was no typical raid . Within the
                                heart of the village was a hollow mound that served as
                                Menele's haven . Menele was not there, but when he heard the
                                gunshots and cries, he ran with the speed of the deer to the
                                village - only to find it was too late . The battle between
                                Menele and Helena that followed was a mighty spectacle .
                                Menele was terribly wounded and fled the battle, leaving
                                Helena nearly destroyed yet victorious
                                It was with the Uktena that the ancient Kindred found aid .
                                Menele's braves managed to rescue his body and the Uktena
                                did everything in their power to save him . They succeeded and
                                Menele's minions were forever in their debt .

Thus it went for the next 1,300 years. Existence became
                                one long battle against her ancient foe, a battle that neither
                                seemed to be able to win. Finally, she and Prias dealt Menele
                                a near-fatal blow in Spain. Only the rising sun kept them
                                from finishing him off
                                , but they hoped the sun would do it for
                                them.
                                The next day, however, there was no sign of the Brujah.
                                For almost a century they searched for him, but found no
                                trace of Menele. For once, Helena was glad not to know
                                where her nemesis was, for she had anew problem with which
                                to contend. She no longer gained sustenance from the blood
                                of mortals; only the vita of Kindred could satisfy her needs.
                                Soon this was limited to female Kindred, though she found
                                that their blood nourished her far more than any mortal
                                blood ever had.
                                Suddenly Helena’s Auspex picked up a trace of Menele
                                far across the sea. Amazed that there might be land across the
                                ocean, she quickly maneuvered the Spanish Empire into
                                sending explorers westward. Once she learned of the New
                                World, she (along with Prias and several female progeny she
                                made) joined the expedition of one Hernan Cortez. Once in
                                the New World, she lost track of Menele. Native rumors
                                implied that he might have sought refuge among the Aztecs.
                                With Cortez’s help she destroyed that empire - and then,
                                with other tools, the Maya - only to find no sign of her foe.
                                Then she heard of the Incas. This time she allied herselfwith
                                Pizarro and together they destroyed yet another Indian
                                civilization. Menele was indeed there; he and his Incas
                                proved no match for the Spaniards’ superior technology and
                                Helena’s horde of progeny. Menele barely escaped with his
                                life, and fled north.
                                For the next several centuries Helena searched for him,
                                finally finding him hidden among the Pueblos. He fled
                                without even doing battle and Helena began to scent victory.
                                She began to track him across North America, but had
                                trouble finding him among the many tribes.
                                Finally, in 1820, the foes met on the plains ofwhat is now
                                Kansas, and Menele was again forced to flee. Again she
                                tracked him, and in the process allied herself with the United
                                States military. The next fight was at Fort Dearborn, where
                                for a while it seemed as though Menele might win.
                                Allied with the Indian Chief Black Hawk, he proved to
                                be almost a match for Helena and her blue-coated allies.
                                Finally the two Methuselahs engaged in personal combat,
                                dealing each other thunderous blows, and both were left
                                helpless.
                                Prias took Helena to a place of safety under the fort,
                                where she went into torpor.

Helena always moved across the board and always led from the frontline in his war with Menele, always looking for a direct fight. Her strategy was always simple: finding him and going there personally to get the kill.

And her main strategy at Chicago?

Finding where Menele his and killing him.
                                And in the mean time? Diablerize his followers

Her haven was one of their first targets, and Helena was
                                certain they were under Menele’s control. She survived their
                                vicious assault on the Succubus Club, but Prias was killed.
                                She has since returned and taken over the club, though it no
                                longer serves as her main haven. She is actively seeking out
                                Menele’s resting place; if she finds it, she will attack it with
                                every resource at her command - something the Masquerade
                                will not survive. She has also begun to seek out those
                                Kindred definitely under Menele’s control, and plans to
                                drink their blood soon.
                                which is exactly this

The King should not be moving across the board trying to take pawns.

Last edited by Undead rabbit; 09-15-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X