Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger pool instead of hunger dice

I don´t like Hunger Dice Mechanic for me
    • They aren´t giving us nothing new (Hunger frenzy was always a thing and the mechanic was better.)
    • They are also a waste of time no need for all those rolls (The master will frenzy at all)
    • They force a certain game style upon players (Low street level agnst leech crying over his dead girlfriend)
    • They get in the way of the players who want to do more thing than being hungry.Becuase if you roll them each time you do everything it´s very diffitcult to not be at high hunger all time or even frenzying.Mechanics should enforce the history and diverse gamestyles.
    • They divide the comunity bewetween those who like the 1-4th edition and those who like 5th
    • ETC....

That said I like the concept of hunger ,it is one of the themes of vampire albeit not the only one.So I am fine with WW wanting to reinforce the hunger aspect what i am clearly not fine is how they did it so I questioned myself.There was really a need for WW to divide the comunnity? They could have give us a Hunger Pool instead of a hunger Dice , that way everyone would have been happy.I made the table and I wanted to share it.
    Blood Potency Atributtes Max Hunger Hunger X Turn Bane Severity You can feed from
    1 5 10 1 1 Animals , stored blood ,Humans
    2 5 11 1 1 Animals , stored blood ,Humans
    3 5 12 1 2 Stored blood ,Humans
    4 5 13 2 2 Stored blood ,Humans
    5 5 15 3 3 Stored blood ,Humans
    6 6 20 4 3 Humans
    7 7 25 5 4 Humans
    8 8 30 6 4 Vitae
    9 9 40 8 5 Vitae
    10 10 50 10 5 Vitae

How this works
    In the classic system you spend vitae to rise , regenerate and use the diverse gift of the blood like for example the disciplines now for what should cost you 1 vitae you instead win 1 hunger.When you Hunger pool if full you cannot activate more gifts of the blood and you enter in a hunger frenzy that will not finish until you replenish , If you don´t recover enouch blood to rise next night you fall in torpor.

Torpor decreases the blood potency by one every 25 years of inactivity , every 50 years of activity the blood potency raises by 1 until it reach the generational maximun.By comitting diablerie upon a more powerful vampire you raise your blood potency by at least one and you also win the generation of your victim.
    Generation Min Blood Potency Max Blood Potency
    1-3 6 10
    4 5 9
    5 4 8
    6 3 7
    7 2 6
    8 1 5
    9 1 4
    10-13 1 3
    14 Thin blood Thin blood
    15 Thin blood Thin blood

Clash of Wills Mechanic (Optional)
    To activate or resist magical effects from other characters powers (Disciplines , gifts or spheres etc...) you must win a clash of wills against them.This is a confronted roll and the dicepool for this is blood potency + willpower vs power trait + willpower.

Optional Rules for agnst games or sessions (OPTIONAL becuase everyone deserves to play the way they want and also one day you might want an agnst session)
    • Trow a dice or a coin to see if you get extra hungry and if you do duplicate the hunger you get that turn (That way you take control from your players without reliying only in luck as the Max Hunger still gives you an insured blood pool you can rely , but not abuse , way more precise than Hunger Dices).
    • Instead of one hunger when rising use your bane severity to determine how much hunger you get (If you want to reinforce more the fact of getting elder increasing your hunger)
    • To get your hunger below your bane severity you must kill (To reflect the blood thirst of the beast)
    Last edited by Leandro16; 10-21-2018, 02:12 PM.

Hunger pool

Aside from disagreeing with every single bullet point and every other comment in your remarkably loaded premise, the max Hunger seems to just be a straight up return for the old Blood Points with a different name. It doesn't work in the context of a Blood Potency table, however, because of the observation that having a higher Blood Potency seemingly gives the vampire a greater capacity, and therefore resiliance to, the effects of Hunger. That's not how it is meant to work.
    Last edited by Trippy; 09-21-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
      The max Hunger seems to just be a straight up return for the old Blood Points with a different name,
      That´s the point the old Vitae system that we all love adapted to represent hunger as an inversed vitae pool.That gets higher everytime becuase using your vampiric mojo get you hungry.Also optional rules allow to configure it to your liking.

It doesn't work in the context of a Blood Potency table
      It works perfectly , the more elder you get the more powerful you get and greater feats you are allowed to do, but things like feeding requisites and bane severity also increase of course your min and max blood potency is determined as in V5.How is that different from requiem 2ED or V5?

however, because of the observation that having a higher Blood Potency seemingly gives the vampire a greater capacity, and therefore resiliance to, the effects of Hunger. That's not how it is meant to work.
      You are technically saying that blood potency in V5 is bad designed becuase there blood potency gives greater resilence to the effect of hunger to those of high blood potency and in fact i cannot help but agree with you with the fact that blood potency in V5 becuase it goes against the theme the edition itself.

Here hunger it´s better becuase it´s designed to be consistent with the theme of all games and adaptable according to your preferences
      • The Feeding requisites are there but you aren´t requiered to kill the vitcim to clean the pool if you don´t pick the optional rule
      • You are ignoring the optional rules that are there to allow you to decide how important is Hunger To your games (The point is freedom) and also adjust how it impacts upon gameplay without forcing a gamestyle.If you want the impredictability of Hunger Dices well there is a rule for that above
      • High powerered vampires of high blood potency/low gens are really powerful as they should but also hunger hits them harder but fair via feeding requisites and the optional rules.
      Last edited by Leandro16; 09-21-2018, 08:24 PM.

Hunger pool

Comment

Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post

That´s the point the old Vitae system that we all love adapted to represent hunger as an inversed vitae pool.That gets higher everytime becuase using your vampiric mojo get you hungry.Also optional rules allow to configure it to your liking.

It works perfectly , the more elder you get the more powerful you get and greater feats you are allowed to do, but things like feeding requisites and bane severity also increase of course your min and max blood potency is determined as in V5.How is that different from requiem 2ED or V5?

You are technically saying that blood potency in V5 is bad designed becuase there blood potency gives greater resilence to the effect of hunger to those of high blood potency and in fact i cannot help but agree with you with the fact that blood potency in V5 becuase it goes against the theme of elders being hungrier.

Here hunger it´s better becuase it´s designed to be consistent with the theme of all games and adaptable according to your preferences
        • The Feeding requisites are there but you aren´t requiered to kill the vitcim to clean the pool if you don´t pick the optional rule
        • You are ignoring the optional rules that are there to allow you to decide how important is Hunger To your games (The point is freedom) and also adjust how it impacts upon gameplay without forcing a gamestyle.If you want the impredictability of Hunger Dices well there is a rule for that above
        • The optionals rules also allow to put more enfasis in hunger while keeping the high power of the vampires of high blood potency/low gens
        The Hunger dice reflect how much your 'Beast' craves for blood - the higher the rating the greater the uncontrollable desire to feed.

What your attempt at making a Hunger pool does, is to give Vampires with higher Blood Potency a greater 'pool' of 'Hunger'. It simply means they have a greater capacity for Hunger, which allows them to be spent like Blood points for powers, but with less pressure to actually feed. It has the opposite effect of the design intent of Hunger Dice, and is not how they work. You'll note that in V5, none of the Disciplines are based on spending from a blood pool either - you don't 'spend' Hunger, you increase the risk and intensity of Hunger when you engage in certain activities (like using some Disciplines, or Healing, or anything else you take a Rouse check for). There is a misconception in what you think you are replacing, mechanically.

So I am technically saying, that you don't appear to understand how Hunger Dice are designed to work. Your replacement, as such has little value to anybody playing V5.

Comment

The Hunger dice reflect how much your 'Beast' craves for blood - the higher the rating the greater the uncontrollable desire to feed.

What your attempt at making a Hunger pool does, is to give Vampires with higher Blood Potency a greater 'pool' of 'Hunger'. It simply means they have a greater capacity for Hunger, which allows them to be spent like Blood points for powers, but with less pressure to actually feed. It has the opposite effect of the design intent of Hunger Dice, and is not how they work. You'll note that in V5, none of the Disciplines are based on spending from a blood pool either - you don't 'spend' Hunger, you increase the risk and intensity of Hunger when you engage in certain activities (like using some Disciplines, or Healing, or anything else you take a Rouse check for). There is a misconception in what you think you are replacing, mechanically.

So I am technically saying, that you don't appear to understand how Hunger Dice or Blood Potency are designed to work. Your replacement, as such has little value to anybody playing V5.
          You are being contradictory , in V5 high blood potency allows you to re-roll the rouse checks to see if you win hunger dice or not.So high blood potency vampires and elders are technically less hungry in V5 than younger vampires.

Now my blood pool system is designed to be both fair and customizable becuase i belive in fredom of play , also talking about the customization you are ignoring the optional rules that allow to use the theme of elders getting hungrier with time using bane severity as a precision measure something that V5 doesnt do.Also even if you don´t aply optional rules feeding restrictions are there.Risk is present by hunger frenzy and if you use the optional rule variable hunger increases.
          Last edited by Leandro16; 09-21-2018, 09:05 PM.

Hunger pool

Comment

You are being contradictory , in V5 high blood potency allows you to re-roll the rouse checks to see if you win hunger dice or not.So high blood potency vampires and elders are technically less hungry in V5 than younger vampires.

Now my blood pool system is designed to be both fair and customizable becuase i belive in fredom of play , also talking about the customization you are ignoring the optional rules that allow to use the theme of elders getting hungrier with time using bane severity as a precision measure something that V5 doesnt do.Also even if you don´t aply optional rules feeding restrictions are there.
            High Blood Potency allows you to reroll Rouse Checks for certain low level Disciplines, or heal more damage It doesn't increase your capacity for Hunger, it just increases your…wel...Blood Potency. Elders can still gain Hunger dice up to the five maximum, and feel the full effects in the dicerolls they do. By just having a large Blood/Hunger Pool, you negate that impact and the bigger it is, the less you need to worry about it.

It's not about being contradictory, it's pointing out that your mechanic doesn't replicate the intention of the mechanic you are suggesting it replaces.

And trying to assert that blood pools are better than Hunger dice, isn't really about freedom of play. It's just trying to assert your own preference into the game design.

Comment

Leandro16

Thank you for taking the time to work all that up. There are some good ideas in there.

How did you do the chart? I am hopeless with formatting posts.

One thing, though, am I right in understanding that you dislike Hunger dice being in the midst of every roll? Like, that's the main issue. You don't really dislike the Rouse roll mechanic per se, or Blood Potency, etc? (If I am reading it wrong, and you do dislike the Rouse check mechanic, never mind. Skip the rest of the post. Sorry, I misread.)

Still here?

Couldn't you just not use Hunger dice in general rolls, and use the Rouse roll, with 0-5 Hunger stat, when blood would be spent? Have Compulsions (assuming you like those, if not don't) go into force when a vampire reaches 5 Hunger. Then have the vampire enter a Hunger frenzy if they would have reached 6 Hunger. Those with more powerful blood can have advantage on the Rouse roll (roll twice, pick one die), and those with weaker blood have disadvantage (roll twice, take worse outcome). Average vampires just roll 1 die and take what they get.

You could even simplify the Blood Potency system, if you don't like that, by using those three categories. The weaker group can feed on anything: animal, human, or vampire. The average vampires can feed on human and vampire blood. And the stronger blooded can feed on vampire blood only. Set Bane severity at 1, 2, and 3 respectively, plus a level or two for low Humanity.

If you dislike Hunger dice in all pools, but like Messy Successes, allow vampires to add a number of successes to their result based on their simplified blood potency. (1 for weak, 2 for average, 3 for strong) If this would result in a success, it makes a Messy Success... but also requires a Rouse roll.

Seems like it would be easier to remove or simplify elements you don't like, rather adding whole new ones.

But, your way looks good, too.

Comment

High Blood Potency allows you to reroll Rouse Checks for certain low level Disciplines, or heal more damage It doesn't increase your capacity for Hunger, it just increases your…wel...Blood Potency. Elders can still gain Hunger dice up to the five maximum, and feel the full effects in the dicerolls they do. By just having a large Blood/Hunger Pool, you negate that impact and the bigger it is, the less you need to worry about it.

It's not about being contradictory, it's pointing out that your mechanic doesn't replicate the intention of the mechanic you are suggesting it replaces.

And trying to assert that blood pools are better than Hunger dice, isn't really about freedom of play. It's just trying to assert your own preference into the game design.
                You are contradicting yourself becuase In V5 High blood potency allows you to re-roll all disciplines if high enough , 6+ can reroll disciplines from level 3 at minimun 5 at maximum.So tecnically in V5 the elder you get the least hungry you are it ist consistent even by his own standards becuase Hunger re-rolls are the way that V5 reflects higher bloodpols along with extra healing and atribute boosting per rouse check.So techically V5 negates the impact of hunger acording to you.

Now let´s go to my system with all the optional rules activated (This is very important becuase optional rules are there for those who want to be more hungry that´s why they are optional )
                • My elders experiment hunger an they do it greater than a neonate becuase they get more hunger when they rise and to eliminate certain points of hunger they must kill
                • Hunger is variable but you have asured at least half your pool so risk is there but destiny isnt the only thing that decides the result.
                • Despite hunger problems they are playable the way the players want , no need to be angst or to be rolling every 5 seconds to see if you frenzy.
                Yeah Pools are better

Hunger pool

Comment

You are contradicting yourself becuase In V5 High blood potency allows you to re-roll all disciplines if high enough , 6+ can reroll disciplines from level 3 at minimun 5 at maximum.So tecnically in V5 the elder you get the least hungry you are it ist consistent even by his own standards becuase Hunger re-rolls are the way that V5 reflects higher bloodpols along with extra healing and atribute boosting per rouse check.So techically V5 negates the impact of hunger acording to you.

Now let´s go to my system with all the optional rules activated (This is very important becuase optional rules are there for those who want to be more hungry that´s why they are optional )
                  • My elders experiment hunger an they do it greater than a neonate becuase they get more hunger when they rise and to eliminate certain points of hunger they must kill
                  • Hunger is variable but you have asured at least half your pool so risk is there but destiny isnt the only thing that decides the result.
                  • Despite hunger problems they are playable the way the players want , no need to be angst or to be rolling every 5 seconds to see if you frenzy.
                  Yeah Pools are better
                  There is no contradiction anywhere in what I have said. Level 6 or Higher Blood Potency are for rare NPC Elders and not intended as playable characters. And it's only at Level 10 that you get to a level where you can reroll Discipline levels of 5 and below. A reroll just means you can use those Disciplines with a greater chance of not Rousing the blood, it doesn't mean you have a greater capacity for Hunger. In the actual rules, the higher the Blood Potency the more blood a vampire has to drink to slake their Hunger, and the more specific the source. The Hunger at higher Blood Potency goes up, not down. The actual impact of varying levels of Hunger, which they are all still prone to regardless of their Blood Potency, affects all vampires the same.

Your additional rules just seem a complicated mess compared to the elegence and simplicity of the Hunger rules as written. The reinclusion of Blood pools, for that is really what you're proposing, means we return to having more micromanagement of characters in needing to know blood pool costs for specific disciplines and the like, whilst creating zero tension unless characters spend them all.
                  Last edited by Trippy; 09-21-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                    Leandro16

Thank you for taking the time to work all that up. There are some good ideas in there.

How did you do the chart? I am hopeless with formatting posts.
                    Thank you for your comment there are great ideas in it.

About your question If you click in the A in the commetary section you open the format menu and there is a button to make tables

[USER="24037"]One thing, though, am I right in understanding that you dislike Hunger dice being in the midst of every roll? Like, that's the main issue. You don't really dislike the Rouse roll mechanic per se, or Blood Potency, etc? (If I am reading it wrong, and you do dislike the Rouse check mechanic, never mind. Skip the rest of the post. Sorry, I misread.)
                    I like both hunger and blood potency (I love some mechanics from requiem 2ed one of them being blood potency ,by the way there the disciplines are written by a god of coolness , you end wanting all of them )

My problems are with the mechanical aspect or how the edition puts to work those concepts so I dislike both the Rouse check and Hunger Dice , they are not only repetitive ,but are made with one idea in mind to force one kind of playstyle that basically keps the epic down.V5 is designed to make you play as an agnst toreador who is criying over the body of dead body of his exgirlfriend and that´s not bad if you want to play that kind of games but if you are triying to play other type of games you are playing against the mechanics and that is bad design.

They are also contradictory becuase Re-Roll checks and higher bonus when you rouse the blood is nothing but another blood pool with is not bad per se but the fact that this edition centers around the hunger makes it also contradictory with is own theme.As elders who are supposed to be hungrier are in fact less.That said V20 and previus WOD system had a lot of problem in the mechanics but those problems came from the game being horribly balanced but at least it allowed you to play however you wanted without much problems.

[USER="24037"]Couldn't you just not use Hunger dice in general rolls, and use the Rouse roll, with 0-5 Hunger stat, when blood would be spent? Have Compulsions (assuming you like those, if not don't) go into force when a vampire reaches 5 Hunger. Then have the vampire enter a Hunger frenzy if they would have reached 6 Hunger. Those with more powerful blood can have advantage on the Rouse roll (roll twice, pick one die), and those with weaker blood have disadvantage (roll twice, take worse outcome). Average vampires just roll 1 die and take what they get.
                    I like compulsions in fact i use them when my players fail to get the succeses needed to resist a frenzy but at least get a success but that is a homebrew and my problem it´s with the mechanics ,now your idea is great as a V5 homebrew but as i prefer a pool becuase I dislike the Hunger Dice for it´s inconsistence and to be sincere what I use when I get to master is mainly V20 with some modifications.The same can be said for the others who have mastered me.

[USER="24037"]You could even simplify the Blood Potency system, if you don't like that, by using those three categories. The weaker group can feed on anything: animal, human, or vampire. The average vampires can feed on human and vampire blood. And the stronger blooded can feed on vampire blood only. Set Bane severity at 1, 2, and 3 respectively, plus a level or two for low Humanity.

If you dislike Hunger dice in all pools, but like Messy Successes, allow vampires to add a number of successes to their result based on their simplified blood potency. (1 for weak, 2 for average, 3 for strong) If this would result in a success, it makes a Messy Success... but also requires a Rouse roll.

Seems like it would be easier to remove or simplify elements you don't like, rather adding whole new ones.

But, your way looks good, too.
                    Stop using Auxpex 4 to read my mind , modifiying fedding or bane severity acording to the humanity is something that i had in my mind a long time ago but as I already give a second Bande if your humanity falls to 3 or lower becuase the beast getting stronger i think i will leave things in my desk as they are.But is a great idea , we think similar.

About blood potency I love the concept becuase Requiem 2ED and well or I port it or use the modified version from above who basically makes what you said , older vampires are stronger but their fedding restrictions increase (Animal later only humans and finally they must feed from vampires becuase they are a predator between predators.)Simpliying will eliminate the paranoia of comiting diablerie.

Great talk , really enjoyed it but I must sleep in my coffing for now but have no doubt that I will answer tomorrow.

Hunger pool

Comment

Love this idea. Though I won't use it, I think this is great.

So the first thing I see is the attribute maximums. These were replaced in V5 and all attributes and skills are now capped at 5. instead they replaced the higher dice pools with a Blood surge to get extra dice on any check. In your system this would be spend 1 blood gain x amount of dice. The second thing they gave was automatic dice for discipline use based on blood potency. basically the more powerful your blood the easier it is to use your disciplines. do you think keeping that over the attribute bonus hurts what you are trying to accomplish?

Second blood per turn expenditure will allow characters to do more in a turn than what is currently in the system of V5. From my understanding in V5 at 1 blood potency a character currently can rouse the blood for blush of health, healing once, activate a disciple per turn, and blood surge while still performing an action. under your table they would not be able to do that until BP 9. Since V5 is a different system for how actions are taken and accomplished it may be better to just remove this column altogether.

Comment

There is no contradiction anywhere in what I have said. Level 6 or Higher Blood Potency are for rare NPC Elders and not intended as playable characters. And it's only at Level 10 that you get to a level where you can reroll Discipline levels of 5 and below. A reroll just means you can use those Disciplines with a greater chance of not Rousing the blood, it doesn't mean you have a greater capacity for Hunger. In the actual rules, the higher the Blood Potency the more blood a vampire has to drink to slake their Hunger, and the more specific the source. The Hunger at higher Blood Potency goes up, not down. The actual impact of varying levels of Hunger, which they are all still prone to regardless of their Blood Potency, affects all vampires the same.

Your additional rules just seem a complicated mess compared to the elegence and simplicity of the Hunger rules as written. The reinclusion of Blood pools, for that is really what you're proposing, means we return to having more micromanagement of characters in needing to know blood pool costs for specific disciplines and the like, whilst creating zero tension unless characters spend them all.
                        There is contradiction becuase at level 7 for example you can reroll up to level 4 disciplines , you will also heal more , and buff more so at the end of the night is just another Blood Pool and you are attacking V5 when you are triying to defend it.That said the fact that I don´t like this new edition as you can deduce doesn´t mean that you can´t enjoy it in fact i encourage you to have all the fun you can becuase everyone has favourites and preferences.

That said I will repeat myself before going to my confy coffin my rules if you apply all the optional rules with are only 3 and a lot way simple than V5 rouse checks. make
                        • the higher the Blood Potency the more blood a vampire has to drink to slake their Hunger, and the more specific the source.
                        • The Hunger at higher Blood Potency goes up, not down.At difference of V5
                        • Also Hunger it´s designated to be risky but fair independent of the generation unlike V5

Hunger pool

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
                          Love this idea. Though I won't use it, I think this is great.

So the first thing I see is the attribute maximums. These were replaced in V5 and all attributes and skills are now capped at 5. instead they replaced the higher dice pools with a Blood surge to get extra dice on any check. In your system this would be spend 1 blood gain x amount of dice. The second thing they gave was automatic dice for discipline use based on blood potency. basically the more powerful your blood the easier it is to use your disciplines. do you think keeping that over the attribute bonus hurts what you are trying to accomplish?

Second blood per turn expenditure will allow characters to do more in a turn than what is currently in the system of V5. From my understanding in V5 at 1 blood potency a character currently can rouse the blood for blush of health, healing once, activate a disciple per turn, and blood surge while still performing an action. under your table they would not be able to do that until BP 9. Since V5 is a different system for how actions are taken and accomplished it may be better to just remove this column altogether.
                          First thanks for your comment , now about your questions
                          • I don´t cape atributes to 5 but I do cape the skills to 5.Superhuman capabilites are well represented in atributes above 5 and disciplines in my opinion
                          • About the extra dice for displines I should Have mentioned that in the games I master i use a mix of Requiem 2ED + V20 in with are the discipline rolls are done with a dicepool made by (Blood Potency + Willpower vs Power Trait + Willpower) sometimes willpower is replaced by an atribute .But yes I think that Blood Potency should add to disciplines rolls
                          • Alternatively you could use bane severity as a bonus to the disciplines rolls (Gets you the same result as in V5)
                          • About being able to do more thing in one turn is in my point of view one of the advantajes of high blood potency (As is what in requiem) but take in mind that you are still limited by the number of physical actions so you basically more than being able to do more you can say with this system you can distribuite better what you can do.
                          Be free to adapt this table as you see fitting for your games , the world of homebrewing is fascinating.

Hunger pool

Comment

First thanks for your comment , now about your questions
                            • I don´t cape atributes to 5 but I do cape the skills to 5.Superhuman capabilites are well represented in atributes above 5 and disciplines in my opinion
                            • About the extra dice for displines I should Have mentioned that in the games I master i use a mix of Requiem 2ED + V20 in with are the discipline rolls are done with a dicepool made by (Blood Potency + Willpower vs Power Trait + Willpower) sometimes willpower is replaced by an atribute .But yes I think that Blood Potency should add to disciplines rolls
                            • Alternatively you could use bane severity as a bonus to the disciplines rolls (Gets you the same result as in V5)
                            • About being able to do more thing in one turn is in my point of view one of the advantajes of high blood potency (As is what in requiem) but take in mind that you are still limited by the number of physical actions so you basically more than being able to do more you can say with this system you can distribuite better what you can do.
                            Be free to adapt this table as you see fitting for your games , the world of homebrewing is fascinating.
                            Cool, then the only thing I would add to your house rules is to tell people that the blood surge rule is not used as well. Good Job! hope you have fun with your house rule.

Comment

There is contradiction becuase at level 7 for example you can reroll up to level 4 disciplines , you will also heal more , and buff more so at the end of the night is just another Blood Pool and you are attacking V5 when you are triying to defend it.That said the fact that I don´t like this new edition as you can deduce doesn´t mean that you can´t enjoy it in fact i encourage you to have all the fun you can becuase everyone has favourites and preferences.

That said I will repeat myself before going to my confy coffin my rules if you apply all the optional rules with are only 3 and a lot way simple than V5 rouse checks. make
                              • the higher the Blood Potency the more blood a vampire has to drink to slake their Hunger, and the more specific the source.
                              • The Hunger at higher Blood Potency goes up, not down.At difference of V5
                              • Also Hunger it´s designated to be risky but fair independent of the generation unlike V5
                              You get more facility to carry out vampiric powers with higher Blood Potency, but you don't get a greater capacity of Hunger. I'm not attacking V5, because it is very clear in what is meant by Blood Potency and Hunger in those rules, and what the relationships are between all the various drives and statistics. I'm saying that your mechanic isn't. It's not a solution as replacement for the current rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X