South Africa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa

Can you all help me work out vampire politics for South Africa? We don't even know if it's run by the Camarilla or Sabbat!

I think the Laibon pretty much hold sway down there as well as most of Africa

Light inspires illusion and interpretation. Truth can only be found in darkness.

Comment

Per Beckett's Jyhad Diary, the Eastern Laibon have reign over some communities in South Africa, and there's a court of European Kindred in Cape Town who pretend at ruling (likely Camarilla). Beyond that, it's open.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Time ago I wrote a brief article about the Kindred in South Africa (in spanish).

http://webvampiro.com/wp-content/upl...C3%A1frica.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
          Per Beckett's Jyhad Diary, the Eastern Laibon have reign over some communities in South Africa, and there's a court of European Kindred in Cape Town who pretend at ruling (likely Camarilla). Beyond that, it's open.
          ^ this

also, there are probably little communities of european vampires in the older coastal cities, pretending they are Camarilla while staying well away from the city's outskirt.
          They count mainly the european whose splats are present on Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom: Ventrue (mainly of the old British strain), Malkavian (for whatever reason they are everywere), Toreador ('cause why not?).
          You can probably add some Caitiff and lone Nosferatu, but Nossie generally know better than putting their puffy paws in the Laibon's bowl.
          Also, Setites (Children of Damballah and the main line) sometime trade in the area, like the Ghimberti Giovanni (who are probably not much liked by the Laibon, even for Kindred standards).

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Considering that colonialism is a thing that happened, there will be some Ventrue and Giovanni, and other European clans, mixed in with the Laibon.

And considering that neocolonialism is ongoing...

Comment

This might help; http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Princes_(VTM)

- In Victorian Era a vampire called Templeton was the Prince of Cape Town.
              Don't forget that on the Continent is the Setite homeland of Egypt in the north, that would probably influence things, Brujah keep going on about Carthage, so many would be interested in the extended area,
              Since Land Travel was safer than water, Assamites and others from the middle east would likely be around; and since it's a Massive Trade are; Giovanni are going to be influencing things

Comment

Cape Town is 7000km from Cairo. (It's more like 10000km using the most reasonable land route.) That's about the same distance as from London to Alaska. Capetown is closer to Buenos Aires than Cairo.

As Cecil Rhodes discovered to his dismay: Africa is really, really big.

Comment

I agree that the distances are massive; but I mentioned for the sake of long term historical migration - before ocean voyages were feasible for most vampires, these areas are more likely to have influenced south Africa.

Comment

The Chinese have been making great investments in Africa irl. I think it'd be an interesting development to have a smattering of Kuejin trying to make inroads into the Dark Continent.

Light inspires illusion and interpretation. Truth can only be found in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dollarburrito View Post
                      The Chinese have been making great investments in Africa irl. I think it'd be an interesting development to have a smattering of Kuejin trying to make inroads into the Dark Continent.
                      They've got a presence in Africa, per Beckett's Jyhad Diary.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

They've got a presence in Africa, per Beckett's Jyhad Diary.
                        Ah. Well. There it is.

Comment

Working...
                        X