Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeline of Beckett's Jyhad Diary to V5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline of Beckett's Jyhad Diary to V5?

I haven't found anything exactly during a search of these forums, but is there a definitive timeline that lists exactly when some of Beckett's entries? For example:

1. When did the events of Carna’s Rebellion occur?
    2. When did Marcus Vitel reestablish praxis over D.C.?
    3. When did Monty Coven/Mithras orchestrate the downfall of Clan Tremere on the British Isles and any other events in London?
    4. What events occurred during Carna’s flight to the Anarch Free States?
    5. When did House Carna make itself known to Clan Tremere?
    6. When did the summit between Hesha Ruhadze (Followers of Set), Isabel Giovanni (Giovanni), Angelique (Cappadocian), Khurshid (Harbingers of Skulls), and Josette (Samedi) take place?
    7. When did the Dig at Lazarus' Temple occur?

Better yet, a concise listing of all the events would be great....

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Originally posted by Japheth View Post
    I haven't found anything exactly during a search of these forums, but is there a definitive timeline that lists exactly when some of Beckett's entries? For example:

1. When did the events of Carna’s Rebellion occur?
    2. When did Marcus Vitel reestablish praxis over D.C.?
    3. When did Monty Coven/Mithras orchestrate the downfall of Clan Tremere on the British Isles and any other events in London?
    4. What events occurred during Carna’s flight to the Anarch Free States?
    5. When did House Carna make itself known to Clan Tremere?
    6. When did the summit between Hesha Ruhadze (Followers of Set), Isabel Giovanni (Giovanni), Angelique (Cappadocian), Khurshid (Harbingers of Skulls), and Josette (Samedi) take place?
    7. When did the Dig at Lazarus' Temple occur?

Better yet, a concise listing of all the events would be great....
    My understanding of the book is that it's all during 2016.

The Second Inquisition starts almost immediately after and is actually foreshadowed in the book.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I believe the events of BJD go up to 2005. Everything after is left to V5 to fill in the events leading up to the present night.

As for when whichever chapter happened, it's intentionally left vague and out of sequence, to allow STs to do what they want with the material.

Edit: Yep, 2005, as per p. 544 of BJD
      Last edited by Blitzburger; 10-12-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Beckett's Jyhad Diary is a sourcebook for Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition that details the metaplot and how it could advance past its official end in 2004.
        In addition to information about the current state of the metaplot, the book contains hints for the planned Vampire: The Masquerade Fifth Edition.

The Second Inquisition (often shortened to SI) is a union of various secret services with the witch-hunters of the old Inquisition that has begun to systematically hunt vampires all around the globe.
        OverviewEdit

After 2004, the NSA managed to crack SchreckNet and gained firsthand knowledge of the existence of a race of undead bloodsuckers that were spread in all corners of the world. Sharing their knowledge with other intelligence agencies, the united secret services contacted the Vatican, whom they knew to have experience fighting the undead. The Church accepted, granting them access to its resources as well as the experienced witch-hunters of the Society of Leopold.
        After years of careful research, the Second Inquisition had targeted Vienna as the "capital of vampires" and prepared a strike against their headquarter. In 2008, a united USSOCOM and Vatican ESOG force augmented with experienced Brazilian hunter-killer teams stormed the Chantry of ClanTremere and destroyed it, blaming it to an ISIS terror attack to the public. London, Las Vegas, Parisand Marseilles were largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
        The united might of these forces overwhelmed the undead. Domains weakened by the disappearence of Elders that were called to the East by the Beckoning fell, with dozens of their number dying. The Anarchs blamed the Camarilla for failing them at a critical moment and a global revolt took place against them, further weakening the sect. Communications between domains has become a dangerous affair, with most vampire domains becoming isolated islands that fall back to using complicated codes to send each other messages. While the Camarilla has banned any form of electronic communication, the Anarchs flaunt this rule, skirting dangerously close to violating the Masquerade and bringing the Inquisition on their heads, but are better connected with each other as a result. The Sabbat has lost much of their strongholds and has to resort to clandestine terror attacks in other domains. The ones who fare best in this climate are, ironically, the Thin-bloods, who are human enough to throw their hunters off the hook.

Comment

Based on what i have dug up so far i built this tidy little list...
          1/1/1998 The Great Leap Outward began The events of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines have still happened.
          12/22/1998 Baba Yaga has been destroyed. The Week of Nightmares either did not yet happen or was severely overestimated in its lethality.
          7/28/1999 Week of Nightmares
          8/7/1999 Gangrel Leave Camarilla
          12/31/1999 The Red Star vanished.
          1/27/2004 SchreckNet Cracked by NSA
          12/31/2005 Anatole apparently lives and has not yet been diablerized. Lucita has joined the Sabbat. Okulos has been freed from Kaymakli.
          12/31/2005 Elders all around the world leave for the Beckoning which draws them to the Middle East. The Sabbat prepares the Gehenna Crusade.
          12/31/2005 Giangaleazzo has defected from the Sabbat and is the Prince of Milan. The status quo of Vancouver has not changed.
          12/31/2005 New York is a Camarilla city, Atlanta and Washington, D.C are Sabbat cities.
          12/31/2005 The Gangrel have a new Justicar despite Xaviar's decision to withdraw.
          12/31/2005 The Assamite Schism has not yet happened.
          12/31/2005 Thin-bloods have stabilized and vampires of the 16th generation have appeared.
          12/31/2005 The Tremere antitribu have been destroyed.
          12/31/2005 The Sabbat still has no Regent, with infighting about the direction of the sect.
          12/31/2005 Kupala has been released in the end of the Transylvania Chronicles, but has not yet made a move.
          12/31/2005 The Tal'Mahe'Ra is still active. The Sixth Maelstrom has not yet happened.
          12/31/2005 Bezariel acts as an Earthbound and has his three underlings as detailed in Demon: Earthbound, implying that the Fallen managed to free themselves without the Sixth Maelstrom.
          3/23/2008 Prime Chantry in Vienna, a united USSOCOM and Vatican ESOG force augmented with experienced Brazilian hunter-killer teams stormed the Chantry of Clan Tremere and destroyed it, blaming it to an ISIS terror attack to the public.
          5/15/2008 London largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
          7/20/2008 Las Vega largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
          8/5/2008 Paris largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
          9/2/2008 Marseille largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.

Comment

DC is not a Sabbat city. It is an independent city.

Comment

this was all based off of the info from http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Beckett%27s_Jyhad_Diary

Comment

Silly if no 6th Marlstorm occurred. And why not keep the red star?

And what the hell marks one as a 16th gen? I mean 15th gen was already limited in blood pool and rotting. So 14th and 15th can reliably be created now?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                  Silly if no 6th Marlstorm occurred. And why not keep the red star?

And what the hell marks one as a 16th gen? I mean 15th gen was already limited in blood pool and rotting. So 14th and 15th can reliably be created now?
                  The Red Star is mentioned in the book.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaifi View Post
                    this was all based off of the info from http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Beckett%27s_Jyhad_Diary

Looks like I need to figure out how to edit, then. Because Vitel declares DC an independent city with him as its king in the book.

Comment

5/15/2008 London largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
                      7/20/2008 Las Vega largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
                      8/5/2008 Paris largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
                      9/2/2008 Marseille largely cleared of vampiric activity, with numerous captured vampires being placed in black sites and experimented upon to discover their weaknesses.
                      I will restrict myself from saying my oppinion about it. However, I only knew about London, from V5 and assorted interviews, but I'm not through it entirely, not the others.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

I cross reference everything I post,

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Inquisition

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Washington,_D.C._(WOD)

DC is still Sabbat and contested.

Comment

I cross reference everything I post,

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Inquisition

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Washington,_D.C._(WOD)

DC is still Sabbat and contested.
                          I don't think it is, though, or at least not anymore contested than any other domain.

The story written by Matthew Dawkins in the Endless Ages anthology book makes it seem (to me, at least) like Vitel is pretty firmly back in charge.

Comment

D.C. is definitely an independent domain with its own laws.

Matthew Dawkins
                            In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

OK so my question is When does it become an independent domain?

Comment

Working...
                              X