V:tM Novel - A Prince's Ambition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V:tM Novel - A Prince's Ambition

Submitted for your enjoyment, approval, critique, dismissal, hatred, admiration, etc. etc. etc., a VtM novel I've been working on for, well, quite a while. It's called "A Prince's Ambition."

https://sabercathost.com/m4fJ/A_Princes_Ambition.pdf

A few disclaimers: * While it is narratively complete, this novel is not "officially" finished. It may yet have things cut, added, or changed significantly before I decide it's "done."
    * This has NOT undergone final continuity editing. I have revised major plot points dozens of times, and it's always possible I missed something. So if someone dies and shows up later, I apologize -- though I sincerely don't believe that I missed anything that large. 😉
    * This hasn't been finally edited, either. There are grammar errors and typos. But I write pretty clean drafts, so they shouldn't be distracting.
    * Some of you old timers might remember large chunks of this from the old White Wolf forums back in like 1998 or so. I posted large portions of this back then as "Legendre". (I started writing this around 1996. As I'm not a professional author, doing a full novel takes time I haven't always had. )

I've started reading it, enjoying it so far. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by JezMiller View Post
      I've started reading it, enjoying it so far. Thanks for posting!
      Thank you very much. I look forward to finding out your more considered and complete opinion... and earnestly hope that you enjoy it.

Comment

So... anyone get past the first thirty pages?

Fishing for criticism here, not necessarily compliments.

Comment

Indeed I have, despite the intervention of illness, overtime and a Dr. Who convention. I'm not even close to finished for the aforementioned reasons, but I have a couple of observations already:-

(1) You should seriously consider putting this on the Storyteller's Vault. It's excellently written and highly entertaining

(2) This, to me, strongly evokes the "vibe" of the first and second editions and the early fiction publications like the Beast Within anthology. It has a diverse range of characters who are representative of their clans while nonetheless coming over as distinct individuals, and they appear, from what I've read so far, to be the focus of the story. What attracted me to Masquerade in the early 1990s was that character-driven focus, and you have successfully recaptured its essence.

Comment

I was not aware that you could put fiction up there! Hmmm. Excellent suggestion. You have convinced me to look into it and see what it entails.

As for the "vibe" -- that totally makes sense. Most of it was written before Revised even came out.

You might be disappointed if you're looking for "main" characters -- while character is of critical importance to the events that unfold, there are really five or six "main" characters: Vladimir, Pierre, Ciene, Edward, and Prince St. Peters. And there's no central protagonist. It's really an ensemble piece, sort of like Shakespearean comedy.

But hopefully you'll continue to enjoy as you work through it. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the feedback and the kind words. If you do have criticisms, I'd love to hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendre View Post
              So... anyone get past the first thirty pages?

Fishing for criticism here, not necessarily compliments.

I'm slowly reading this at work. So far it's good.

Comment

Working...
              X