Making Minotaurs for fun and profit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Minotaurs for fun and profit!

So how easy would it be to say use vicissitude to mix a man with a cow to make a Minotaur? Or the odd organ processes of a centaur? The problem is they don’t talk much about vicissitude Being used to merge two organisms. We go from only Messing with your own flesh or another’s flesh without mixing them... to a friggin 40 person Vozhd. We have fluff about it being common for Tzimisce mixing a couple ghouls into a wall or furniture, the revised clanbool has a story about lining a tank with human flesh. But at what point can you take from one being and fleshcraft it onto another? Elderlevel? Combo Animalism with Visc?

I know they kind of discouraged this yet we have Vozhd...

It is a time for great deeds!

I'd say Bonecraft is better for simply making someone look like a minotaur.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Mixing creatures is usually difficult with Vicissitude, there used to be "Graft Flesh to Flesh" at a level 6? power.
      You'd want to start with a large individual to have the bone mass to go with horns. Or find a "natural" way to promote bone growth without the discipline then redistribute it using your bonecraft.

Comment

I would proceed on the assumption that it is possible for non-Elders. I would have an Elder power that creates one "easy peasy", but there to be a non-Elder approach (probably Body Crafting with extended rolls) which is much longer to perform but also gets the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
          Mixing creatures is usually difficult with Vicissitude, there used to be "Graft Flesh to Flesh" at a level 6? power.
          You'd want to start with a large individual to have the bone mass to go with horns. Or find a "natural" way to promote bone growth without the discipline then redistribute it using your bonecraft.
          Agreed, actual chimeras should be the purview of level 6+. Of course, with the Tzimisce being Sabbat, that hardly means "elder", but mostly "got lucky when snacking".
          But while we're on the subject of alternative solutions, I'd recommend going Wolverine: Fusing living bone/tissue to living bone/tissue is messy. Just skip the process and go for metal that you then "coat" in bone (or not, if that's what you prefer). It's stronger, it has less problems with rejection (if you use titanium or surgical steel), it can be used to add additional body mass rather than just redistributing and so on. The only problem is that it requires a different skill set and far more tools to create.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
            I'd say Bonecraft is better for simply making someone look like a minotaur.
            Just chiming in to support this view. You don't need to merge anything. Just use Vicissitude 3 to create it from whole cloth. If you want it sentient, start with the human. If not, start with a bull.

Don't wait, though, this is a limited time answer, as I expect V5's Sabbat book may complicate things.

Comment

Work with the Belgian Blue
              https://i.pinimg.com/474x/cb/48/1e/c...-portraits.jpg
              Single Organism, Turn it into a Minotaur with Bone and Flesh Craft. Since it's still an animal, you can use level 4 Animalism and Possess it when you're not giving it orders or summoning it to you. Plus, as a Ghoul imagine that much muscle PLUS Potence and the opposable thumbs to wield a ginormous Axe.

Comment

As a storyteller and in my campaign I'd definitely put merging two different species way out of the hands of any characters unless I was playing a silly elders game where anything goes (not my style).

Reasons? (We don't need no steenkeen reasons!)

Primarily I'd go with an incompatibility between the two species. Doesn't matter if it's genetic or magical based, Humans and Bovines are just too far apart. You can point out that a Vozhd might be a merger of different individuals but they are all still the same species.

On the other hand there's nothing to prevent a bone/flesh crafter from changing the appearance of a human to that of something minotaur like - but the resultant experiment will likely be extremely offensive looking and I'd apply the Monstrous flaw for no benefit.

Comment

Well Vozhd can include supplementary material from other animals, I believe Sclav includes some cattle/horses to supplement the Turks it was made of.

Comment

I think it would be much simpler to learn the Thaumaturgy ritual “Populate the Night’s Garden”. It’s in the “House of Tremere” Sourcebook. It should allow you to either adapt it to vicissitude or Koldunic Sorcery or simply learn it the old fashioned way. Make it a whole story for your character. The quest for a Minotaur, the diary of a fetishist. It’s a very extended ritual though.
                    Last edited by Lord_Arion_diTanserville; 10-28-2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

This is my headcannon but Minotaurs actually exist as a small changing breed the only thing is that their origins isnt standard.

They are the sons of the Heavenly bull and Ishtar AKA Toreador who had sex with a powerful spirit called the Bull of Heaven.They live in a small village where is hidden a laberinth built by the methusaleah of the clan of the rose Minos.The laberinth is actually the place of rest of Toreador who is being feeded by the blood of his servants maintaining him/she powerful while enjoying the beuty of the world using the eyes of his progeny thought the clan curse.

If this letter reaches you I must advise that the more dangerous thing isn´t the mighty minotaurs but the Antediluvian sleeping inside becuase the closer you get to "IT" the more you love it as if his presence where enought to form a blood bond so what happens if you actually drink his blood?

Hunger pool

Comment

Very interesting! I may use that as an alternative to Apis.

Maybe The Pasiphae myth here would be an attempt to call back to the older myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                          So how easy would it be to say use vicissitude to mix a man with a cow to make a Minotaur? Or the odd organ processes of a centaur? The problem is they don’t talk much about vicissitude Being used to merge two organisms. We go from only Messing with your own flesh or another’s flesh without mixing them... to a friggin 40 person Vozhd. We have fluff about it being common for Tzimisce mixing a couple ghouls into a wall or furniture, the revised clanbool has a story about lining a tank with human flesh. But at what point can you take from one being and fleshcraft it onto another? Elderlevel? Combo Animalism with Visc?

I know they kind of discouraged this yet we have Vozhd...
                          Actually, I don't think you really need to mix different being to create a Minotaur, just modify a normal human with many sessions of bonecrafting and fleshcrafting and you're done (I would still require high amounts of Fleshcraft [the Ability, is that the english name, right?], Performance and Animal Ken)

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Yes I know you don’t have too, but using one individual has it’s limits if I want to make a 7 or 9 foot tall wall of horns and muscle. I specifically want to know what levels/combos is disciplines you think you would need to do it. Like the elder power that allows you to combine flesh from others maybe combed Animalism, level I don’t know 4, 5, or 6?

Comment

If your vampire like to meet is Final Death soon after finishing his masterpiece :
                              To not have issue to have a 7 to 9 foot tall with a lot of muscle ... don't use a puny mortal, take a werewolf in Chrinos form ...

I've hear a howl ...
                              I'll take my leave ... quickly !

Comment

Working...
                              X