Making Minotaurs for fun and profit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord_Arion_diTanserville View Post
    I think it would be much simpler to learn the Thaumaturgy ritual “Populate the Night’s Garden”. It’s in the “House of Tremere” Sourcebook. It should allow you to either adapt it to vicissitude or Koldunic Sorcery or simply learn it the old fashioned way. Make it a whole story for your character. The quest for a Minotaur, the diary of a fetishist. It’s a very extended ritual though.
    Populate the Night's Garden is a good source, but it has a couple of Narrative restrictions.
    - In general, the ritual was a closely guarded secret of the Tremere throughout the Dark Ages.
    - One of the Conditions of the Tremere joinging the Camarilla when it was formed was to free all Gargoyles, destroy all copies of the ritual and promise never to look in to it again.
    Now, they didn't destroy the rituals; but they've become even more closely guarded; and almost every Tremere would believe that they were destroyed. If someone does start doing research, the Elders of the Tremere would probably stop it, because the Camarilla Founders from Gangrel and Nosferatu, plus other elders that were around that time, would see it as a breach of the deal they made.

Comment

If a cow can naturally evolve 4 stomachs as part of its digest tract and a worm can naturally evolve with 10 hearts, I see no reason you can't flesh craft a working centaur!

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post

Populate the Night's Garden is a good source, but it has a couple of Narrative restrictions.
        - In general, the ritual was a closely guarded secret of the Tremere throughout the Dark Ages.
        - One of the Conditions of the Tremere joinging the Camarilla when it was formed was to free all Gargoyles, destroy all copies of the ritual and promise never to look in to it again.
        Now, they didn't destroy the rituals; but they've become even more closely guarded; and almost every Tremere would believe that they were destroyed. If someone does start doing research, the Elders of the Tremere would probably stop it, because the Camarilla Founders from Gangrel and Nosferatu, plus other elders that were around that time, would see it as a breach of the deal they made.
        Not if you subscribe to my head canon of House Virstania(See my post in 1001 dark ages characters). She would be looking for any help toppling the pyramid. And is more than happy to trade thaumaturgy for any minor vexing to etrius.

Comment

Not if you subscribe to my head canon of House Virstania(See my post in 1001 dark ages characters). She would be looking for any help toppling the pyramid. And is more than happy to trade thaumaturgy for any minor vexing to etrius.
          I don't read minds (or any of the 1001 posts) so I have no Idea on your theory, but the name does give a lot away.

I try to keep my suggestions on almost all topics to ones that should work in a reasonably firm Canon game. (Where I can) so that they're most appropriate to most games.

Although, If you could link the post so I don't have to read a thousand others, I'm interested in House Virstania

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post

I don't read minds (or any of the 1001 posts) so I have no Idea on your theory, but the name does give a lot away.

I try to keep my suggestions on almost all topics to ones that should work in a reasonably firm Canon game. (Where I can) so that they're most appropriate to most games.

Although, If you could link the post so I don't have to read a thousand others, I'm interested in House Virstania
            Here the post from Lord Arion :

11. Post Gargoyle Revolt- Virstania created her own chantry where her own direct childer and the childer of her heart and laboratory could live in peace. You are one of her embraced apprentices. You were born a criminal and must conceal your identity from any of your traditional clan mates.

Focus on Thaumaturgy and Auspex (Virstania doesn’t like mind control)

Paths of research:
            Gargoyle development(Obvy)
            Chimerical creations born of the ritual Populate the Night’s Garden
            Biothaumaturgy
            Advanced warding and concealment

Virstania’s Chantry:
            A large mansion that appears to be owned by a rich shut in. No one is ever seen coming or going except servants. This is due to tunnels that allow discreet access. She has created a literal Nights garden in the sprawling courtyards and gardens of the Manse. A nightmarish menagerie of her and her Childers creations. The basement is enormous and houses the laboratories, there is very little competition for lab space. The basement is also where the tunnels leading in and out of the mansion are. The upstairs consists of bedrooms and sitting rooms. The top floor is mostly for housing gargoyles. It is also the center of the ongoing gargoyle “Underground Railroad”. This is also the final resting place of Ceoris’ famed library, a question still pondered by tremere elders in modern nights.

Optional “House Virstania” bloodline
            Disciplines: Thaumaturgy, Auspex, Obfuscate
            Weakness:All childer of Virstania have the Dark Secret flaw. And if they ever go into Kindred populated areas they must feign a different clan lineage.
            Important facts: All Members are direct childer of Virstania, she doesn’t allow her childer to embrace. Blood bonding other memebers of the chantry gargoyle or otherwise is completely forbidden. Even by Virstania. Should the bloodline survive to modern nights the embrace restriction is lifted, but approval from Virstania is required
            And I'm thinking you're joking !!! An Illithid that don't read mind ...
            Use your brain ... or eat the one from another human to retrieve your psionics powers .

Comment

Originally posted by Faerl View Post
              And I'm thinking you're joking !!! An Illithid that don't read mind ...
              Use your brain ... or eat the one from another human to retrieve your psionics powers .
              ;P Not over the internet at least...

Comment

Working...
              X