Followers of Set: Converts and Sorcerers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Followers of Set: Converts and Sorcerers

I feel we need more talk of those who convert to worshiping set from other clans. The revised clanbool does a great job of pointing out its a faith, and they do accept others into the fold, and they are expected to Shepard mortals into “enlightenment”. I mean the Baali always get talk of their Apostates but they are way tinier in Number and and have crappier drugs and hookers. I think it would be neat to even include things like Laibon and even Wan Gui converts (the freedom from the Aeons and become your own God schtik should appeal to a lot of the damned).

The Followers of Set should also have their own group of mortal Lector Priests, both Mages and Sorcerers, they never even got one officially even though they would have the resources and infrastructure for it.

The books also seemed to ignore the fact that the Followers of Set are a different organization then that h Tlacique and Daitya, and most don’t know they are even related to each other.

In my headcanon these are not ignored.

It is a time for great deeds!

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    I feel we need more talk of those who convert to worshiping set from other clans. The revised clanbool does a great job of pointing out its a faith, and they do accept others into the fold, and they are expected to Shepard mortals into “enlightenment”. I mean the Baali always get talk of their Apostates but they are way tinier in Number and and have crappier drugs and hookers. I think it would be neat to even include things like Laibon and even Wan Gui converts (the freedom from the Aeons and become your own God schtik should appeal to a lot of the damned).
    Become your own god seems to be an option that the Laibon treat as.. standard and the KJ already have a Heresy for it.. so its more "what does this egyptian crap have to offer?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Become your own god seems to be an option that the Laibon treat as.. standard and the KJ already have a Heresy for it.. so its more "what does this egyptian crap have to offer?"
      A network, drugs and hookers. I was thinking of using the Face of the Gods reworked for a Set Aligned group. And Setites do rework their details to fit other cultures.

But it always helps to be talked into joining a cult when you are lonely and depressed!

Comment

And also Wraiths. They should be raking it in expanding their faith/s into the lands of the dead. I mean if the Fishers did so well by themselves those with supernatural patrons would be cleaning up. It would help expand their favor trade, possibly exponentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

A network, drugs and hookers. I was thinking of using the Face of the Gods reworked for a Set Aligned group. And Setites do rework their details to fit other cultures.

But it always helps to be talked into joining a cult when you are lonely and depressed!

Anyone can provide those things. And while they can and do adapt. At the end of it The Followers of Set.. worship you know.. Set. Its kind of like why Face of the Gods has the fewest Akuma because its kind of "bow? nope not doing that"

Similarly an Ishtari Drug lord isn't going to get much benefit from being part of a the "Set network"

On the other hand I could see more Mage/Sorcerer crossover just.. there might be alot of "Nope you're all wrong vampires"

Comment

Working...
          X