Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monalfie View Post
    Vozhd are immune to Dominate.

Probably depends on the ST. I don't know that the book says anything in regards to it. In theory it would still work (though Vozhd would still have their high Stamina and Fortitude to possibly mitigate it).

It comes down to a point as to how magical their processes are. Where that line starts and ends is vague.

I don't think holy water does anything to vampires in VtM?
    Damn for dominate not working but yay! for tactic tear gas then! 😁

So tactical tear gas for crowd dispersal and to annoy and piss off vozhd. Maybe they even take a bite of each other or or the enemy vamp on-site ! 😇

A strategy like this taking form means that maybe I'll finallly get to say that "I love when a plan comes together!" in-character! 😉

Comment

Originally posted by PazuzuAxelf View Post
      My advice? Leave. Get out. It's not your problem. This is an issue for the Camarilla war effort against the Sabbat. Neonates with barely 60 XP are fodder and are not expected to win in this situation. If your Prince demands it if you then just tell him to fuck off and leave. Go find a new city to live in with proper expectations of the membership.

Alternatively - defect. The Sabbat are more interesting anyway. Offer to serve as a double agent and leak info to the Sabbat. Request them to give you a token victory or two to sell the deception.
      Yeah, well... No can do for many many reasons.

My PC doesn't especially love his clan or the Camarilla but he believes them to be better than the Sabbat since these bozos offed several members of his surviving mortal kin during the battle for New York, most recently murdered a nice old lady that happened to be a key ally of the coterie and last but not least they levied a death curse against the members of the coterie that will kill us off within 5 days to a couple of weeks at most.

The only way to survive is literally to terminate the existence of the enemy boss. And that will only be remotely possible if we first get rid of his several underlings that are guarded by 1 to 3 vozhd each and that are located in a gettohized (large) part of the close suburbs that are also a main black market hub.

Did I say that there are also a shitload of humans that seem fine with the situation and are willing or coerced to obey the nasties?

OH, if we managed to find the boss and steal something personal (like his socks, maybe?) perhaps we could maybe lift the curse?

I forgot to mention that the entire area that encompasses the gettohized area is within the metaphysical influence of the big boss so he knows, the instant we step on his turf...

There are other complications but at this point they are just fluff compared to this.

But we won't run. Not only because we can't but also because while being young vamps, the members of the coterie are still close to their mortal lives and ideals..

So maybe we'll get to do an exit a la William Wallace instead of one like Hannibal Smith and his team would do but we'll have RP'd the characters to the end! 😎

Comment

"To survive is literally to terminate the existence of the enemy boss."

That's a very video game-like perspective you have on the situation. Fortunately for you, you can do so much more! You have the power to fly! Use it! Escape from your enemies and reveal their numbers and positions to your allies. You're a Tremere, go to your clan and have them solve this death curse nonsense. It's probably not real, and if it is, then you have one of the most powerful chantries in the US located very close by. NYC has Sturbridge who should be glad to have this information, and if she can't cure you herself she can get you to the more powerful members of the clan who can do something. Send some of your coterie to Central Park to appeal to the Garou while you deal with the curse.

Re: humans ok with craziness - Yeah, Dominate, Presence, and the Blood Bond work wonders.

These things are likely just War Ghouls rather than Vohzd anyway.

Honestly the more I read about this situation the more ridiculous it seems. If it wasn't for this curse thing I would say your ST is not expecting you to go attack a bunch of flesh crafted monsters - because that's what werewolf is about, not vampire. As is it seems more like they set you up for failure and railroaded you into certain death. With that in mind I'd still just flee and tell the clan about it. At least then your death would give them forewarning and knowledge rather than be a pointless slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by PazuzuAxelf View Post
          "To survive is literally to terminate the existence of the enemy boss."

That's a very video game-like perspective you have on the situation. Fortunately for you, you can do so much more! You have the power to fly! Use it! Escape from your enemies and reveal their numbers and positions to your allies. You're a Tremere, go to your clan and have them solve this death curse nonsense. It's probably not real, and if it is, then you have one of the most powerful chantries in the US located very close by. NYC has Sturbridge who should be glad to have this information, and if she can't cure you herself she can get you to the more powerful members of the clan who can do something. Send some of your coterie to Central Park to appeal to the Garou while you deal with the curse.

Re: humans ok with craziness - Yeah, Dominate, Presence, and the Blood Bond work wonders.

These things are likely just War Ghouls rather than Vohzd anyway.

Honestly the more I read about this situation the more ridiculous it seems. If it wasn't for this curse thing I would say your ST is not expecting you to go attack a bunch of flesh crafted monsters - because that's what werewolf is about, not vampire. As is it seems more like they set you up for failure and railroaded you into certain death. With that in mind I'd still just flee and tell the clan about it. At least then your death would give them forewarning and knowledge rather than be a pointless slaughter.
          Well, I must have been unclear somewhere because while my tremere PC is from New York and played a very small part in the battle for New York in his background, this chronicle is set in Europe and the time-line placed it after Sturbridge was recalled to Vienna (Tremere Clan novels).

For several reasons my PC can't ask for help from NYC Tremere and the Elysium of the city were the coterie currently is is still recovering from the fact that the building they were in while in full session was attacked by human law enforcement (acting on a tip after a terrorist attack). They managed to evacuate but they are now in hiding while searching for a location for an emergency session. But to be honest they are stuck in a bunch of internecine quarrels and refuse to wake up and smell the gunpowder.

Being older they must be thinking "what's a few more days or weeks..." I wouldn't be surprised if this thing lead to a world akin to v5 lore. (we don't have the books yet)
          Maybe the local chantry would help (for what price though...) but my PC hasn't been able to reach anyone of consequence.

Anyway, our characters being Neonates with little experience, they wouldn't know how to ask for help from garou or even to stay alive long enough just to be able to talk to them.

I honestly don't think that the ST is railroading us to death. I think we may have derailed some part of the story near the start because we had some lucky throws of dice that were really unlikely and we may have missed some clue that would have allowed us to either find help or solve the situation some other way.

So we went down the rabbit hole... But we don't want no stinkin' blue pill! 😎

Comment

Take the following for the qualified statement that it is. I don't have the full story, and I am not your ST. With that disclaimer out of the way:

I think you're suffering from bigger problems than Vozhd or death-curses. Those problems being railroading and antagonism.

You have so many avenues closed to you. Camarilla are out. Running is out. Chantry is out. Negotiation is out. Stealth is out. Defecting is out. At some point I have to wonder if this is by coincidence or by design.

Your ST might not realize it. But you have a hundred contrived reasons for why you have to fight the BBEG in a staight up fight, go through the lieutenants first, and fight on their terms. I hear all the creativity in this thread, and all I hear from you is you speaking as a proxy for the ST, amounting to "no, you have to do it my way." And that sounds like a pretty awful play experience.

You don't seem very satisfied with this state of affairs. And I wouldn't blame you. If you have all choice taken from you, why are you even at the table? Why doesn't the ST simply tell the story, let you sit quiet and listen, and be done with it?

Secondly, it smells like you have a pretty antagonistic relationship between the ST and players. Like you are trying to outsmart one another. Like you are trying to "get" each other. And that is extremely toxic. It leads to the kind of railroading I mentioned above, and itbleads to disgruntled players making choices just to spite the ST. Worst of all, neither party may realize what is going on.

I think you need to have a long, OFF-Game conversation with the ST. Talk about what you want from this game. About your characters goals, dreams and fears.
            Talk about what kind of game the ST wants to run. What stories they are interested in. What they want to get out of storytelling.

Because the bottom line is that every question you have asked here, is a question you should have asked yourself ST, not a forum. They should be there to help you. They know the world better than anyone, they made it. And they should be your friend.

I hope this helped.

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by pang4 View Post
              Take the following for the qualified statement that it is. I don't have the full story, and I am not your ST. With that disclaimer out of the way:

I think you're suffering from bigger problems than Vozhd or death-curses. Those problems being railroading and antagonism.

You have so many avenues closed to you. Camarilla are out. Running is out. Chantry is out. Negotiation is out. Stealth is out. Defecting is out. At some point I have to wonder if this is by coincidence or by design.

Your ST might not realize it. But you have a hundred contrived reasons for why you have to fight the BBEG in a staight up fight, go through the lieutenants first, and fight on their terms. I hear all the creativity in this thread, and all I hear from you is you speaking as a proxy for the ST, amounting to "no, you have to do it my way." And that sounds like a pretty awful play experience.

You don't seem very satisfied with this state of affairs. And I wouldn't blame you. If you have all choice taken from you, why are you even at the table? Why doesn't the ST simply tell the story, let you sit quiet and listen, and be done with it?

Secondly, it smells like you have a pretty antagonistic relationship between the ST and players. Like you are trying to outsmart one another. Like you are trying to "get" each other. And that is extremely toxic. It leads to the kind of railroading I mentioned above, and itbleads to disgruntled players making choices just to spite the ST. Worst of all, neither party may realize what is going on.

I think you need to have a long, OFF-Game conversation with the ST. Talk about what you want from this game. About your characters goals, dreams and fears.
              Talk about what kind of game the ST wants to run. What stories they are interested in. What they want to get out of storytelling.

Because the bottom line is that every question you have asked here, is a question you should have asked yourself ST, not a forum. They should be there to help you. They know the world better than anyone, they made it. And they should be your friend.

I hope this helped.
              Thank you for your post.

As I said in another post, our play session have regularly several weeks between them and since I am a rather inexperienced player in long running chronicles (I played a couple of chronicles that lasted for 3 play sessions back in the day).

So if I have technical questions about how to run my PC, it comes at the detriment of actual play time with everyone.
              Naturally, I'll mention all these questions to my ST but I'll do so in a "how would this play?" fashion instead of "how does this work?", as it will save time.

So the environment in our chronicle is challenging but I believe that it results from the way the players and the ST interacted previously in the story.

And some avenues of approach you mentionned, such as stealth, are not out per se, it's just that they are unlikely to work more than a couple of times. Other approaches sur as Camarilla or Chantry help are out because we the players chose to act faster and beyond the scope of where these orgs were willing to go.
              At this time.
              They might be willing to move but we RP'd that our characters needed to move faster (because of the curse) and couldn't rely on outside help (because our big bad may have strings to the Camarilla and because of the kinda cold war between some clans) .

Still other options such as defecting are out because of the way we conceptualized our characters. It would go against the core concepts of the characters to do so.

So we kinda dug our own grave in a way. And the current in-game situation is a result of that organic growth. Was it a bit steered by the ST to be challenging? I don't know.

Is it too challenging though ?

I don't know. Your post and a couple others gave me food for thought and I'll reflect on it and have a chat with our ST.

Thanks again.
              Last edited by DuncanD; 10-20-2018, 01:29 AM.

Comment

With what I'm aware of in your Tremere and coterie
                - Gas BBQ Canisters should be easy to find depending on the location, Admittedly Australia is know for having BBQs, but hardware stores and even most petrol stations have bottle swapping facilities (Give an empty, get a full one and pay for the gas) If you keep at an elevated position, you could use MotM to fling them and have someone shoot them. That's probably going to be the most damaging to the Vozhd. Small arms will probably be soaked completely, they could have bone armour under the skin as well. Drive trucks into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                  With what I'm aware of in your Tremere and coterie
                  - Gas BBQ Canisters should be easy to find depending on the location, Admittedly Australia is know for having BBQs, but hardware stores and even most petrol stations have bottle swapping facilities (Give an empty, get a full one and pay for the gas) If you keep at an elevated position, you could use MotM to fling them and have someone shoot them. That's probably going to be the most damaging to the Vozhd. Small arms will probably be soaked completely, they could have bone armour under the skin as well. Drive trucks into it.
                  The idea is not necessarily to destroy the vozhd, just to render them ineffective in their role, hence the tactical tear gas idea.

It wouldn't damage them all that much but since someone pointed out that they are ghouls and therefor still have biological processes, it would likely blind them with tears and maybe cause enough pain to piss them of and become tactically useless for the enemy. This approach would do the same to a greater extent for the human minions.

Hence a naked and maybe confused target.

I don't know how well integrated are the command and control links between the different sites but if we move very quickly we may be able to reiterate this strategy a couple more times.

Even if they adapted to this strategy, I don't think they'd have that many gas masks available and I don't think vozhd would enjoy wearing one. Hence the same result, less minions operational and vozhd would become either useless or a liability to both parties.

The clean-up will be left to the Camarilla when they finally get of their arses!

I can't wait to try this out at the table.

If the ST insist on clean-up duty for the coterie, if we're still alive then the vamp baddies are dead or neutralised.
                  Therefore Dominate and Presence crowd control and heavy construction equipment, trucks or big ass BARBECUE for the vozhd, as you suggested.

Thanks 👍😎👍

Comment

Working...
                  X